Windows 10: On Screen Keyboard only on lock screen

Discus and support On Screen Keyboard only on lock screen in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, Recently I got a problem with On screen keyboard. I start the app but not keyboard can be seen. If I lock the account and go to login screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by zdzdz, Nov 28, 2019.

1. zdzdz Win User

On Screen Keyboard only on lock screen

Hello,

Recently I got a problem with On screen keyboard.
    I start the app but not keyboard can be seen.
    If I lock the account and go to login screen the keyboard pops up.
    Launching keyboard from Ease of access menu on login screen works too.
    I checked the service - it's working.
    I thought the coordinates may be off screen, so I changed them in registry to no avail.

Any ideas?

Win ver: Windows 10 Enterprise 1903 (18362.476) x64

:)

zdzdz, Nov 28, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Lock Screen keeps changing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Windows Spotlight picks the photos from Bing and displays them in the lock screen. I understand that you have set a picture and it is getting changed automatically.

I suggest you to follow the steps to select the Picture that you want to be displayed on the lock screen. Please follow the steps mentioned below to set a Picture to lock screen:

1. Press and hold Windows + I key on the keyboard to open settings.
    2. Click on Personalization.
    3. Click on Lock screen.
    4. Click on the drop down under Background and select
      Picture.
    5. Click on Browse and select the picture that you want to set.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 28, 2019
  3. Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

On Screen Keyboard only on lock screen [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Nov 28, 2019
  4. On Screen Keyboard only on lock screen

Lock screen woes

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to try resolving the issue.

Setting the timeout for Lock Screen

• Press Windows + I and select personalization.
    • Select Lock screen.

• Select the Screen Timeout setting.
    • Select the time of timeout you need and check.

Keep us posted if the issue resolves to help you better.

Sachin V Rao, Nov 28, 2019
Thema:

On Screen Keyboard only on lock screen

1. On Screen Keyboard only on lock screen - Similar Threads - Screen Keyboard lock

2. No Onscreen Keyboard on Lock Screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    No Onscreen Keyboard on Lock Screen: Hello,I used to have the Onscreen Keyboard on the Lock Screen the screen where you enter your password to get into Windows and it worked fine.An alternate way to bring up the Onscreen Keyboard was to click the Ease of Access button on the bottom right of the Lock Screen near...
  3. No Onscreen Keyboard on Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Onscreen Keyboard on Lock Screen: Hello,I used to have the Onscreen Keyboard on the Lock Screen the screen where you enter your password to get into Windows and it worked fine.An alternate way to bring up the Onscreen Keyboard was to click the Ease of Access button on the bottom right of the Lock Screen near...
  4. Lock screen Keyboard

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lock screen Keyboard: I keep getting this keyboard shoved in my face every time I turn on or wake my pc from sleep. I know it's definitely not the onscreen keyboard. Can someone please help me fix it?...
  5. Lock screen Keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock screen Keyboard: I keep getting this keyboard shoved in my face every time I turn on or wake my pc from sleep. I know it's definitely not the onscreen keyboard. Can someone please help me fix it?...
  6. Lock screen Keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. On screen keyboard on lock screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    On screen keyboard on lock screen: Hello, so everytime I'd enter my pin it would show this. Yes, it'd be gone if I press enter but it was still very annoying. I tried to disable the on screen keyboard but it still happen. Thank you....
  8. On-Screen Keyboard Keeps Opening on Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    On-Screen Keyboard Keeps Opening on Lock Screen: [ATTACH] Ever since an update a few months ago, the onscreen keyboard keeps opening on the login screen of my Win 10 PC. It only appears on the lock screen after logging out, booting up, and waking from sleep. Thus making it kind of annoying in the case of accidentally...
  9. Keyboard&Lock-Screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Keyboard&Lock-Screen: i can't type my PIN by keyboard. so i have to open the on-screen keyboard. i think my keyboard have problem, but no. Then I could come in my computer and I very suprise that everything is going well. my keyboard still run with anything like I'm typing now. So the problem in...
  10. On-screen keyboard opens in lock screen?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    On-screen keyboard opens in lock screen?: [ATTACH] Every time I boot the PC, this on-screen keyboard appears, which I can close temporarily but I can't deactivate it completely. I have tried a lot of things but without success. In the settings it is actually disabled and in the login settings of the control...