Windows 10: On-screen keyboard only partially displayed

Discus and support On-screen keyboard only partially displayed in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a fresh windows 10 install on a Acer Alpha switch. When selecting the on screen keyboard, it comes up offset so that only the space bar and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Marc_MRX, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Marc_MRX Win User

On-screen keyboard only partially displayed

I have a fresh windows 10 install on a Acer Alpha switch. When selecting the on screen keyboard, it comes up offset so that only the space bar and about four keys from the bottom row show. The buttons are also far too big for the whole keyboard to fit on the screen should it be positioned correctly. I notice a line about 40% from the bottom as an edge where the top of the keyboard should be so it is clear that windows is trying to place it in the proper frame. It is like the program has a negative x and y value for the upper left position from which to paint the keyboard within the frame. If I could simply go into the registry and reset something of that nature ….

Note: the ctrl-win-o does bring up the stand-alone on screen keyboard app which floats in its own window. That works perfectly but appears to be unrelated to the tablet mode OSK input method.

Because of the position error, I cannot get to the settings for the keyboard such as changing from type to pen, etc. Screen capture below.

Help!

On-screen keyboard only partially displayed d28a29ab-faf7-45f5-8b54-bed513e5be7b?upload=true.png

:)

Marc_MRX, Jan 5, 2019

2. HELP - How to Get On-Screen Keyboard to Open on Active Display??

How in the blazes can I get the on-screen keyboard to open on the display I'm actually using??? I have a Wacom Cintiq 22HD display and when I click the shortcut to open the on-screen keyboard, it opens up on a monitor clear across the room.

Some key notes here:

• I need the on-screen keyboard because the Cintiq is too big to use with a keyboard.
    • No, I don't want the Cintiq to be the primary display, so please don't suggest that.
    • I can't even see the other displays while using the Cintiq.

Please please please tell me what I'm missing. Yesterday the on-screen keyboard was opening on the Cintiq display, and today it's not and it's gonna make me crazy.

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings]

raiyneofgailin, Jan 5, 2019
  3. On-screen keyboard

Hi Chris, my name is Max and I'm an independent advisor.

I suggest that you run the automatic troubleshooter to diagnose and fix issues that you can encounter with your On-Screen Keyboard. Do the following steps, please:

Start menu -choose Settings (the gear icon)

Select Update & Security, and then select Troubleshoot.

Find Keyboard on the list.

Click on it, and click the ‘Run the troubleshooter’ button.

NighthawkX, Jan 5, 2019
  4. On-screen keyboard only partially displayed

screen display

Hi William,

It is important that you have the correct screen display and resolution. We suggest that you perform the following steps to reset the monitor settings:

• Boot your computer in
      safe mode
    • Once in safe mode, right-click the desktop > Screen Resolution.
    • Change the display settings back to the original configuration.
    • Restart your computer.

Feel free to update us on the result.

Rachelle Gra, Jan 5, 2019
Thema:

On-screen keyboard only partially displayed

1. On-screen keyboard only partially displayed - Similar Threads - screen keyboard partially

2. only partial connection to wireless display

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    only partial connection to wireless display: I have a fairly new 70 inch Samsung smart TV that operates wirelessly. I was hoping to watch dvds by playing them on my desktop pc and projecting them to the smart TV. I am able to wirelessly project from my laptop (which has no dvd drive) to the TV, but when I try to do the...
  3. How do I Reboot only have partial use of the ON Screen Keyboard

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I Reboot only have partial use of the ON Screen Keyboard: Windows 10 20H2 (OS Build - 19042.746) HI How do I Reboot DELL 3670 INSPIRON (F12) after a planned Clean install only have partial use of the ON Screen Key board' the main KB crashed a week ago I'am assuming there will be no ON Screen Key board Nor will the Logitec Unified...
  4. Partial display

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Partial display: I am currently unable to view part of one of my current accounts online I am able to sign into the account, but the screen is only displaying the background menu tabs with nothing where the recent activity would normally be Additionally, all of the other tabs "daily...
  5. Thumbnails only partially display on internal data drive G drive

Thumbnails only partially display on internal data drive G drive: * Thumbnails only partially display on internal data drive G drive. This does not affect thumbnails on OS drive C drive, where OS was recently reinstalled. Thumbnails display properly on C drive. * Both C and G drive are mounted internally in Windows 10 desktop. Problem is...
  6. Keyboard and mouse only partially working?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard and mouse only partially working?: I’m working from home with a company laptop. In order to use my laptop, today I plugged my HDMI cord from monitor 1 into it, as well as my HDMI to USB-C cord from monitor 2 into it. Then, I plugged my USB hub, which has my keyboard, mouse, speakers, and webcam into it....
  7. Desktop partially displays lock screen wallpaper

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop partially displays lock screen wallpaper: Laptop is docked, connected to two monitors. I put it to sleep. I unplug it from the dock and put it in my backpack in preparation for travel the next day. The next time I use it I am not docked. I log in and now the desktop has around the right 1/3 of the screen covered by...
  8. Touch keyboard will not display keyboard on screen

Touch keyboard will not display keyboard on screen: The touch keyboard icon at the bottom of my screen taskbar? is visible. But when I click it nothing happens. Even though I do not have a touch screen monitor the touch keyboard has been displaying and I've used my mouse to type on it. But now it won't display on my monitor...
  9. Display partially disappearing

Display partially disappearing: Hi, I have a user who is having issues relating to the explorer window partially disappearing. When this happens, the user resets the zoom on her display settings to 100% then back to 125%. When she sets it 100% the full window re-appears, and when she sets it back to 125% it...
  10. Notification area partially displayed

Notification area partially displayed: Hi, Since i've installed windows, i have the following bug ; i can not see all the icons as, i suppose, one row of icons is missing (screenshot below). Is there a way to fix it ? Thank you [ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. on screen keyboard only partially displayed