Windows 10: On screen keyboard prediction fades away too quickly

Discus and support On screen keyboard prediction fades away too quickly in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have been using windows 10 on screen keyboard for a very long without any issues, recently I've noticed the prediction on, on screen keyboard fades... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pezhmank, Nov 6, 2018.

1. pezhmank Win User

On screen keyboard prediction fades away too quickly

I have been using windows 10 on screen keyboard for a very long without any issues, recently I've noticed the prediction on, on screen keyboard fades away sometimes in a millisecond after you press a letter, which was never the case in past.
    Does anyone know what the issue is and how to fix it?

:)

pezhmank, Nov 6, 2018
  2. Ian Ser Win User

Clear on-screen keyboard predictions

Hello,

You can turn-off the prediction feature of the On-screen Keyboard by following these steps:

• Click Start menu or press Windows key on your keyboard.
    • Type and click/tap OSK or On-screen Keyboard.
    • Click Options under PrtScn key.
    • Under Text Prediction, uncheck the Use Text Prediction.
    • Click OK and confirm that the word prediction area above OSK is cleared.

Let us know if there's anything else you need.

Ian Ser, Nov 6, 2018
  3. pantherx12 Win User
    Touch screens

I can do 60 words per minute on my phone, perhaps more now as I've got used to the phone. ( htc desire z, using the stock onscreen keyboard)

Touch screen + predictive text I recon I could equal my keyboard typing speed. Maybe beat it depending on how advance the predictions are.

( hard to use predictive software on traditional keyboards as there is no way to quickly choose the suggested word, where as touch screen keyboards can have the suggested words appear above the function keys)

pantherx12, Nov 6, 2018
  4. EmeroGorK2 Win User

Is "Fade" supposed to be a feature in the On Screen Keyboard?

At first I thought it was a good idea but I immediately saw how poorly designed it is. Press Fade and of course the keyboard fades as expected but what I didn't think would happen is the FADE BUTTON FADES ALSO! Once faded, you have to know where it is
    to bring back the keyboard because you cannot see it!

How silly is that?

Is there an option to have the keyboard on the screen but not always on top?

Fading would have helped me on this except that you just might as well hit Close for all it is worth.

EmeroGorK2, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

1. On screen keyboard prediction fades away too quickly - Similar Threads - screen keyboard prediction

2. Predictive Text

in Windows 10 Customization
    Predictive Text: My predictive text and other keyboard features seem to have vanished from my phone and I cannot see why. They are all ticked as being on within the phone's settings but they are not on when texting. Any help will be gratefully received....
  3. Surface Book 2, Microsoft On-Screen Keyboard, Use Swipe and Text Predictions In Chrome

Surface Book 2, Microsoft On-Screen Keyboard, Use Swipe and Text Predictions In Chrome: Please tell me how to use the swipe and text prediction features of the on-screen keyboard in Google Chrome. Chrome is my preferred browser and I will not migrate to Edge. If it is impossible to enable this functionality, I will be getting a refund for this computer. I...
  4. How to Fade Screen Saver in Windows 10

How to Fade Screen Saver in Windows 10: I want to have a screen saver of my personal photos that are shuffled and fade in/out as the photos change. This used to be an option, but Windows 10 does not make that option obvious at all. It is not present on the screen saver settings menu. This option has apparently...
  5. Cortana can predict sporting events on PC too, not just mobile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana can predict sporting events on PC too, not just mobile: The only difference is that you have to ask her when the team you're interested in plays their next game, as opposed to asking her directly for a prediction as you would do on your phone. Here's an example of me asking her: [img] 21931
  6. Audio driver quickly fading in whenever a new sound starts

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio driver quickly fading in whenever a new sound starts: Hi there,I have Windows 10 on a Dell laptop (now if only I could remember the exact model, I guess that's a disadvantage to being blind...).Well, anyway, I've spent quite considerable time trying to correct all my auditory whoa's. Sort of a longish story but here goes...
  7. Smart prediction for keyboard?

Smart prediction for keyboard?: Hi folks, just wondering is there any smart prediction keyboard software like SwiftKey for Windows 10? Thanks in advance *Smile 31097
  8. Fade in, fade out in WMM 6.1

Fade in, fade out in WMM 6.1: I'm working in Windows Movie Maker 6.1. I want to lengthen the time of fade in to white and fade out to white. I'm going into Tools > Options > Advanced and increasing the time in Transition Duration to 5 seconds, but it seems to have no effect on new projects. Did I miss a...
  9. Win 10 Tablet Keyboard - No autocorrection or predictions or caps?

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Tablet Keyboard - No autocorrection or predictions or caps?: Posted here originally not realizing it wqs a tutorial and doesmt get much action. but was wondering about the functionality of the Win10 tablet keyboard and whether others are experoencing the same issues or if i simply have a settings ossue somewhere. yes, im typing...
  10. Windows 10: Keyboard gets predictive text

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10: Keyboard gets predictive text: Microsoft is bringing a bunch of new features to Windows 10 and while they did not talk about all of them at the announcement, we are finding little bits here and there. This time around, Microsoft is including predictive text input with the virtual keyboard. Read more...