Windows 10: On screen keyboard prediction fades away too quickly

Discus and support On screen keyboard prediction fades away too quickly in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have been using windows 10 on screen keyboard for a very long without any issues, recently I've noticed the prediction on, on screen keyboard fades... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pezhmank, Nov 6, 2018.

1. pezhmank Win User

On screen keyboard prediction fades away too quickly

I have been using windows 10 on screen keyboard for a very long without any issues, recently I've noticed the prediction on, on screen keyboard fades away sometimes in a millisecond after you press a letter, which was never the case in past.
    Does anyone know what the issue is and how to fix it?

:)

pezhmank, Nov 6, 2018
  2. Ian Ser Win User

Clear on-screen keyboard predictions

Hello,

You can turn-off the prediction feature of the On-screen Keyboard by following these steps:

• Click Start menu or press Windows key on your keyboard.
    • Type and click/tap OSK or On-screen Keyboard.
    • Click Options under PrtScn key.
    • Under Text Prediction, uncheck the Use Text Prediction.
    • Click OK and confirm that the word prediction area above OSK is cleared.

Let us know if there's anything else you need.

Ian Ser, Nov 6, 2018
  3. Touch screens

I can do 60 words per minute on my phone, perhaps more now as I've got used to the phone. ( htc desire z, using the stock onscreen keyboard)

Touch screen + predictive text I recon I could equal my keyboard typing speed. Maybe beat it depending on how advance the predictions are.

( hard to use predictive software on traditional keyboards as there is no way to quickly choose the suggested word, where as touch screen keyboards can have the suggested words appear above the function keys)

pantherx12, Nov 6, 2018
  4. On screen keyboard prediction fades away too quickly

Is "Fade" supposed to be a feature in the On Screen Keyboard?

At first I thought it was a good idea but I immediately saw how poorly designed it is. Press Fade and of course the keyboard fades as expected but what I didn't think would happen is the FADE BUTTON FADES ALSO! Once faded, you have to know where it is
    to bring back the keyboard because you cannot see it!

How silly is that?

Is there an option to have the keyboard on the screen but not always on top?

Fading would have helped me on this except that you just might as well hit Close for all it is worth.

EmeroGorK2, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

On screen keyboard prediction fades away too quickly

1. On screen keyboard prediction fades away too quickly - Similar Threads - screen keyboard prediction

2. Win11 locks too quickly when I look away.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win11 locks too quickly when I look away.: I have facial recognition enabled. However, it dims then locks too quickly when I look away from the screen.I can't seem to find these settings to delay that dim and lock. It wasn't in the power display settings.Other then that I do like this feature.Any help finding...
  3. Win11 locks too quickly when I look away.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 locks too quickly when I look away.: I have facial recognition enabled. However, it dims then locks too quickly when I look away from the screen.I can't seem to find these settings to delay that dim and lock. It wasn't in the power display settings.Other then that I do like this feature.Any help finding...
  4. On Screen Keyboard Text Prediction doesn't work, but it's turned on.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    On Screen Keyboard Text Prediction doesn't work, but it's turned on.: Why is that 99% of the time the text prediction doesn't show in On Screen Keyboard even though it's activated in options? It rarely pops up, but most of the time it doesn't, like while I'm typing this on the OSKI have no idea what version I'm using, but it's the newest...
  5. On Screen Keyboard Text Prediction doesn't work, but it's turned on.

On Screen Keyboard Text Prediction doesn't work, but it's turned on.: Why is that 99% of the time the text prediction doesn't show in On Screen Keyboard even though it's activated in options? It rarely pops up, but most of the time it doesn't, like while I'm typing this on the OSKI have no idea what version I'm using, but it's the newest...
  6. Japanese IME Keyboard Input Prediction.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Japanese IME Keyboard Input Prediction.: I am currently learning Japanese and am needing to use the Japanese IME keyboard on windows 10. However, the predictive text started to auto complete and show the sentences before I could finish them. The problem is, I am studying and am not trying to have text give me the...
  7. hover too quick

hover too quick: Maybe its just me, but the latest updates to windows seem to have added a quick click. When I hover over an item it activates an instruction. Ie, choose a card in solitaire and the arrow rests on the card it goes ahead and chooses it for you, when that is not your intent. I...
  8. Text Prediction tool for Hardware Keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Text Prediction tool for Hardware Keyboard: Hi I am using Text Prediction tool for Hardware Keyboard. Is there a keyboard shortcut to implement the suggestions, instead of using the mouse to click on them Thanks in advance...
  9. Cortana Just Won't Fade Away

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cortana Just Won't Fade Away: It seems that no matter what software is used or registry hack added/edited, Cortana just don't fade into the black abyss. Most software/registry edits worked in 1809, but in 1903 Cortana keeps rearing her head within Settings app; she isn't there initially, but give it...
  10. Smart prediction for keyboard?

Smart prediction for keyboard?: Hi folks, just wondering is there any smart prediction keyboard software like SwiftKey for Windows 10? Thanks in advance *Smile 31097