Windows 10: On-Screen Keyboard turned off, pops up on Start Screen?

Discus and support On-Screen Keyboard turned off, pops up on Start Screen? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey everybody. Recently I installed a graphic tablet's driver, and have since had the on-screen keyboard appear on boot, then promptly disappear after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by FrankD, Sep 16, 2018.

1. FrankD Win User

On-Screen Keyboard turned off, pops up on Start Screen?

Hey everybody.

Recently I installed a graphic tablet's driver, and have since had the on-screen keyboard appear on boot, then promptly disappear after the start screen.

This morning, I uninstalled the drivers in hope that it would fix my problem. It was for naught, though. My only guess is that Windows thinks that I have a touch-enabled device connected, hence giving me the on-screen keyboard. Whether that is the case or not, I do not know.

With the drivers uninstalled, I don't know what else I could try beside running CCleaner to clean up temporary files.

Any suggestions? Thanks all,
    Frank.

:)

FrankD, Sep 16, 2018
  2. John Vil Win User

want to use manual keyboard----not on screen keyboard

Hi,

The On-Screen Keyboard is an application which provides a visual keyboard on your screen that can be used in place of a physical keyboard. To better assist you and provide you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, kindly answer the questions below:

• Is your physical keyboard not functioning?
    • Have you tried turning off the On-Screen Keyboard?

To turn off the On-Screen Keyboard, kindly follow the steps below:

• Click on Start.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Select Ease of Access.
    • On the left panel, click on Keyboard.
    • Under On-Screen Keyboard, make sure it is set to Off.

We'll be waiting for your response.

John Vil, Sep 16, 2018
  3. AnnKoles Win User
    On-Screen Keyboard pops up

This turns off the touch screen keyboard. The one that keeps popping up is the on-screen keyboard which is accessed through ease settings, which is toggled off but still it pops up.

AnnKoles, Sep 16, 2018
  4. On-Screen Keyboard turned off, pops up on Start Screen?

Unable to turn off On screen keyboard on Windows 10.

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to know the current build installed on the computer and the troubleshooting step that you had already performed.

As an initial troubleshooting step, try to turn off the OSK by following the below steps:

• Select “Start” and select “Settings“.
    • Choose “Ease of Access“.
    • Select “Keyboard“.
    • Set “On-Screen Keyboard” to “On” or “Off” as desired.
    If the issue still persists, I suggest you to download and install any pending updates that needs to be installed on the computer through Windows update and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Sep 16, 2018
Thema:

On-Screen Keyboard turned off, pops up on Start Screen?

1. On-Screen Keyboard turned off, pops up on Start Screen? - Similar Threads - Screen Keyboard turned

2. Turn Off On-Screen Keyboard at Login

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turn Off On-Screen Keyboard at Login: <vent> Every time I use my drawing tablet, Windows decides I need the on-screen keyboard when logging in (even though the tablet is disconnected, and the computer has been fully shut down). I turn if off. It comes back the next time I use the tablet. One of the recent...
  3. On-screen keyboard keeps popping up on login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    On-screen keyboard keeps popping up on login screen: Here are all of the things I've done to try and solve this:- Turned off the on-screen keyboard from the ease of access settings. - Changed the startup type of the Touch keyboard and handwriting service to "disabled"When I tried this, the startup type would always reset after...
  4. On-screen keyboard keeps popping up on login screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    On-screen keyboard keeps popping up on login screen: Here are all of the things I've done to try and solve this:- Turned off the on-screen keyboard from the ease of access settings. - Changed the startup type of the Touch keyboard and handwriting service to "disabled"When I tried this, the startup type would always reset after...
  5. On-screen keyboard keeps popping up on login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  6. Login Screen - On Screen Keyboard pops up - want to turn it off

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login Screen - On Screen Keyboard pops up - want to turn it off: A few weeks ago, I pressed some kind of combination of buttons and now on my login screen, I get the on screen keyboard. I have tried to disable it and indeed it is turned off, but it still keeps appearing whenever I go to login to my computer. It is really annoying because...
  7. On Screen Keyboard pops up all the time after I turn it off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    On Screen Keyboard pops up all the time after I turn it off: I recently moved from Windows 7 to Windows 10 (finally right?). One consistent problem that I don't understand is that the "Ease of Access On Screen Keyboard" randomly pops up a lot. I always put my computer to sleep at night. In the morning I click to login again, and there...
  8. Turn screen keyboard sound off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Turn screen keyboard sound off: Steps to turn off/on key sounds for Touch Keyboard in Windows 10: Step 1: Enter Settings. Step 2: Choose Devices to move on. Step 3: Open Typing, and then switch off or on Play key sounds as I type under Touch keyboard. Related Articles: Turn off Click Sound for On-Screen...
  9. turn off edge pop ups on login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    turn off edge pop ups on login screen: I have turned of Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows and i still get edge pop ups. Any ideas? 139604
  10. On-Screen Keyboard keeps popping up

in Windows 10 Support
    On-Screen Keyboard keeps popping up: I am trying to disable the on-screen keyboard, but it continually pops up, when I lock the computer and log back in, and when various windows are opened. It's disabled in the Ease of Access Center, and I don't know what else to do. I'm running on Windows 10 Pro, I upgraded...