Windows 10: on screen keyboard

Discus and support on screen keyboard in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Recently my poor old wireless keyboard bit the dust pretty much ending that session of win 10. After visiting my local walmart and on my way home I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by thomaseg1, Apr 6, 2019.

1. thomaseg1 Win User

on screen keyboard

Recently my poor old wireless keyboard bit the dust pretty much ending that session of win 10.
    After visiting my local walmart and on my way home I thought about the onscreen keyboard on my nextbook
    2in1. Of course it was in tablet mode at the time.
    Is there a way to bring it up outside of tablet mode on my desktop?

:)

thomaseg1, Apr 6, 2019

2. On-screen keyboard

Hi Chris, my name is Max and I'm an independent advisor.

I suggest that you run the automatic troubleshooter to diagnose and fix issues that you can encounter with your On-Screen Keyboard. Do the following steps, please:

Start menu -choose Settings (the gear icon)

Select Update & Security, and then select Troubleshoot.

Find Keyboard on the list.

Click on it, and click the ‘Run the troubleshooter’ button.

NighthawkX, Apr 6, 2019
  3. John Vil Win User
    want to use manual keyboard----not on screen keyboard

Hi,

The On-Screen Keyboard is an application which provides a visual keyboard on your screen that can be used in place of a physical keyboard. To better assist you and provide you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, kindly answer the questions below:

• Is your physical keyboard not functioning?
    • Have you tried turning off the On-Screen Keyboard?

To turn off the On-Screen Keyboard, kindly follow the steps below:

• Click on Start.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Select Ease of Access.
    • On the left panel, click on Keyboard.
    • Under On-Screen Keyboard, make sure it is set to Off.

We'll be waiting for your response.

John Vil, Apr 6, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

on screen keyboard

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Apr 6, 2019
Thema:

on screen keyboard

1. on screen keyboard - Similar Threads - screen keyboard

2. Get TOUCH Screen Keyboard Short Cut ICON Back On Bottom Right of My Computer Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Get TOUCH Screen Keyboard Short Cut ICON Back On Bottom Right of My Computer Screen: I have a Lenovo All-in-One Computer and whatever the latest version of Microsoft is out there, but at least Microsoft 10. I have an accent mark over the last E in my name. I used to be able to use shortcut keys on my keyboard to make that accent mark, then the shortcut...
  3. On-Screen keyboard closes when using AltGr characters.

On-Screen keyboard closes when using AltGr characters.: Hello! I'm using On-Screen keyboard on my desktop computer. If I want to write characters like <>#&@ etc... then it closes itself after writing one special character which required pressing the AltGr key. How to fix this? It's very annoying....
  4. On screen keyboard

in Windows 10 Support
    On screen keyboard: I sometimes use the on-screen keyboard when using a second monitor, however when I shutdown my PC the on-screen keyboard apparently does not close, as when I next log in the on-screen keyboard instantly shows up on screen. It does this even if I manually close on-screen...
  5. Keyboard & touch screen not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard & touch screen not working: Se subject after i instaled windows 10 they have quit working. Now can I gain access via phone app? And if so what's the app iwould need. Thanks hopefully someone knows what's going on with it ....
  6. ON SCREEN CHINESE TRADITIONAL BOPOMOFO KEYBOARD in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ON SCREEN CHINESE TRADITIONAL BOPOMOFO KEYBOARD in windows 10: where is "ON SCREEN CHINESE TRADITIONAL BOPOMOFO KEYBOARD" in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/on-screen-chinese-traditional-bopomofo-keyboard-in/344b56ee-d574-4847-ba87-32cc7d062ff8
  7. Windows 10 screen freezes, along with mouse and keyboard, requiring hard reset or power down.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 screen freezes, along with mouse and keyboard, requiring hard reset or power down.: As long as I am working, and there is mouse and/or keyboard activity, everything is 100% stable and functional and I can continue working indefinitely. If I allow the machine to stand idle for some minutes (usually under 5), with no programs running, I get a total freeze,...
  8. How to get rid off the white background form the on screen keyboard

How to get rid off the white background form the on screen keyboard: Hi, I'm using Win 10 in tablet mode. When I open the on screen keyboard it has a weird white background. This happens in pinned and unpinned mode. It results in making half the webpage white. Is there a way to make this transparent? Thanks!...
  9. Problem with Screen Cursor (and keyboard) Surface Pro 4, Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with Screen Cursor (and keyboard) Surface Pro 4, Windows 10 Pro: My cursor starts to flash and is difficult to use when it is flashing. It appears it has something to do with a transparent Semi Circle that appears in the upper part and slightly above the right end of the taskbar. If, using my finger, I touch the screen within the semi...
  10. On screen keyboard and taskbar not working in Tablet Mode

On screen keyboard and taskbar not working in Tablet Mode: I have an Hp Pavillion x360 convertible 1.1Ghz. My problems start whenever I switch to tablet mode.The touchscreen keyboard used to appear automatically whenever I pressed on a box to write, but for some reason it does not. Along with that I cannot touch any items on the...