Windows 10: on screen keyboard

Discus and support on screen keyboard in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Recently my poor old wireless keyboard bit the dust pretty much ending that session of win 10. After visiting my local walmart and on my way home I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by thomaseg1, Apr 6, 2019.

1. thomaseg1 Win User

on screen keyboard

Recently my poor old wireless keyboard bit the dust pretty much ending that session of win 10.
    After visiting my local walmart and on my way home I thought about the onscreen keyboard on my nextbook
    2in1. Of course it was in tablet mode at the time.
    Is there a way to bring it up outside of tablet mode on my desktop?

:)

thomaseg1, Apr 6, 2019

2. On-screen keyboard

Hi Chris, my name is Max and I'm an independent advisor.

I suggest that you run the automatic troubleshooter to diagnose and fix issues that you can encounter with your On-Screen Keyboard. Do the following steps, please:

Start menu -choose Settings (the gear icon)

Select Update & Security, and then select Troubleshoot.

Find Keyboard on the list.

Click on it, and click the ‘Run the troubleshooter’ button.

NighthawkX, Apr 6, 2019
  3. John Vil Win User
    want to use manual keyboard----not on screen keyboard

Hi,

The On-Screen Keyboard is an application which provides a visual keyboard on your screen that can be used in place of a physical keyboard. To better assist you and provide you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, kindly answer the questions below:

• Is your physical keyboard not functioning?
    • Have you tried turning off the On-Screen Keyboard?

To turn off the On-Screen Keyboard, kindly follow the steps below:

• Click on Start.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Select Ease of Access.
    • On the left panel, click on Keyboard.
    • Under On-Screen Keyboard, make sure it is set to Off.

We'll be waiting for your response.

John Vil, Apr 6, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

on screen keyboard

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Apr 6, 2019
Thema:

on screen keyboard

1. on screen keyboard - Similar Threads - screen keyboard

2. Windows 11 Lenovo, Upon Restarting, Microsoft Log-in Screen Doesn't Recognize My Keyboard...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Lenovo, Upon Restarting, Microsoft Log-in Screen Doesn't Recognize My Keyboard...: Windows 11 Lenovo Thinkpad Every night I shut down my computer, and then every morning I turn it back on. When I get directed to the Microsoft log-in screen where I put in my password, it doesn't recognize any letters or numbers that I type.It DOES recognize keys like "enter"...
  3. Windows 11 Lenovo, Upon Restarting, Microsoft Log-in Screen Doesn't Recognize My Keyboard...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Lenovo, Upon Restarting, Microsoft Log-in Screen Doesn't Recognize My Keyboard...: Windows 11 Lenovo Thinkpad Every night I shut down my computer, and then every morning I turn it back on. When I get directed to the Microsoft log-in screen where I put in my password, it doesn't recognize any letters or numbers that I type.It DOES recognize keys like "enter"...
  4. Screen is going Off and while pressing number 4 key in number pad in wireless keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen is going Off and while pressing number 4 key in number pad in wireless keyboard: Hii iam using Dell G15 Laptop, When I press number '4' on number pad of my external wireless keyboard display is getting off and windows is going to lock screen, but my laptop Inbuilt keyboard is okay no problem while I press number 4...... but when I using external USB...
  5. Screen is going Off and while pressing number 4 key in number pad in wireless keyboard

Screen is going Off and while pressing number 4 key in number pad in wireless keyboard: Hii iam using Dell G15 Laptop, When I press number '4' on number pad of my external wireless keyboard display is getting off and windows is going to lock screen, but my laptop Inbuilt keyboard is okay no problem while I press number 4...... but when I using external USB...
  6. Dynamic Lighting turns my Logitech keyboard lights off at the login screen and I can't see...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dynamic Lighting turns my Logitech keyboard lights off at the login screen and I can't see...: ******Please add the option to allow the backlight on the keyboard when the laptop is locked so that I can see the keys.******Logitech G413 can control the lighting with the built in function button+lightkeyF7 when "Use Dynamic Lighting on my devices" is toggled "On" but...
  7. Dynamic Lighting turns my Logitech keyboard lights off at the login screen and I can't see...

Dynamic Lighting turns my Logitech keyboard lights off at the login screen and I can't see...: ******Please add the option to allow the backlight on the keyboard when the laptop is locked so that I can see the keys.******Logitech G413 can control the lighting with the built in function button+lightkeyF7 when "Use Dynamic Lighting on my devices" is toggled "On" but...
  8. When gaming, screen goes black, fans at high speed, keyboard lights are on, PC is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When gaming, screen goes black, fans at high speed, keyboard lights are on, PC is...: Hello,I have a gaming laptop that has RTX 3070, for the last 2-3 months, while playing games or using softwares that uses high GPU like Unreal Engine, my laptop's screen goes black, and I can't interact with anything. I have to restart my computer from the power button every...
  9. When gaming, screen goes black, fans at high speed, keyboard lights are on, PC is...

When gaming, screen goes black, fans at high speed, keyboard lights are on, PC is...: Hello,I have a gaming laptop that has RTX 3070, for the last 2-3 months, while playing games or using softwares that uses high GPU like Unreal Engine, my laptop's screen goes black, and I can't interact with anything. I have to restart my computer from the power button every...
  10. Changing default keyboard shortcuts? Particularly for screen snipping tool?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing default keyboard shortcuts? Particularly for screen snipping tool?: Is there a general way? What I'm specifically after is to change the one for the screen snipping tool from Win + Shift + S (default) to PrtScr Thank you. submitted by /u/nerd137503 [link] [comments]...