Windows 10: On screen PIN numpad shows on PIN login page with Ease of access options turned off

Discus and support On screen PIN numpad shows on PIN login page with Ease of access options turned off in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; For about a year or so I've had this problem where the on-screen PIN pad appears on login. It dissapears after the first keyboard input, but its still... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Brother Tora, May 2, 2020.

1. On screen PIN numpad shows on PIN login page with Ease of access options turned off

For about a year or so I've had this problem where the on-screen PIN pad appears on login. It dissapears after the first keyboard input, but its still kind of annoying and I have not been able to find a fix for it. Its not urgent as it has very little impact on the experience, but its just kind of annoying.

:)

Brother Tora, May 2, 2020

2. OSK PIN login on non-touch device

Hello,

I suggest you to create a PIN for your device and try the on screen keyboard to login to the same.

You may follow the steps below to create PIN protection for your device.

• Go to Settings and select account.

• Click on sign in option and Go to PIN option.

• Now click on Add and set PIN for login.

You can use the same PIN to login to your device using the on screen Keyboard from ease of access option and verify the result.

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, May 2, 2020
  3. Set a PIN for login while setup but no option to enter PIN in login screen. Only password.

Hi,

We understand the issue you are facing and will assist you.

I would like to inform that in the login page, you will find the option
    Sign-in options
    under the password box. Click on the option and click on the numpad option to enable PIN entry for login and check.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 2, 2020
  4. On screen PIN numpad shows on PIN login page with Ease of access options turned off

Unable to login using The login PIN

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the pin and check fi it helps.

• In the login page next to “PIN password option”.
    • You will find “Other sign in options”, click on it will prompt you for regular password.
    • Enter regular password and login to the computer.
    • I suggest you to click on the Start Menu
      and select settings.
    • Now select Accounts.
    • Next select the tab Sign-in option.
    • Under the “PIN tab” click on “ADD” option.
    • It will prompt you for current pin password and new password, please provide
      new password then apply the changes, restart
      the computer and check if it works.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 2, 2020
Thema:

On screen PIN numpad shows on PIN login page with Ease of access options turned off

1. On screen PIN numpad shows on PIN login page with Ease of access options turned off - Similar Threads - screen PIN numpad

2. Update turned off option for pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update turned off option for pin: I did a Microsoft update and now it won’t let me enter a pin. I don’t recall ever using a password and I tried every password I could recall ever using and nothing works. I can’t seem to do anything to get my pin access back. It’s a local account and I am at a complete loss....
  3. Update turned off option for pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update turned off option for pin: I did a Microsoft update and now it won’t let me enter a pin. I don’t recall ever using a password and I tried every password I could recall ever using and nothing works. I can’t seem to do anything to get my pin access back. It’s a local account and I am at a complete loss....
  4. Login pin password option not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login pin password option not showing: Login pin password option not showing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-pin-password-option-not-showing/d8353914-8029-41c4-a684-6ac41a3e3854
  5. Login pin password option not showing

Login pin password option not showing: Login pin password option not showing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-pin-password-option-not-showing/d8353914-8029-41c4-a684-6ac41a3e3854
  6. Turn off PIN Login

Turn off PIN Login: I just rec'd my laptop that was supposed to have Win 10, but had Win 11 instead. I want to turn off PIN login, but the button to remove is grayed out. Contacted HP tech support & was told it was a software issue & I needed to contact SmartFriend. I purposely chose a laptop...
  7. Turn off PIN Login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off PIN Login: I just rec'd my laptop that was supposed to have Win 10, but had Win 11 instead. I want to turn off PIN login, but the button to remove is grayed out. Contacted HP tech support & was told it was a software issue & I needed to contact SmartFriend. I purposely chose a laptop...
  8. Turning off PIN login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turning off PIN login: I just rec'd my laptop that was supposed to have Win 10, but had Win 11 instead. I want to turn off PIN login, but the button to remove is grayed out. Contacted HP tech support & was told it was a software issue & I needed to contact SmartFriend. I purposely chose a laptop...
  9. Can't enter PIN at the login screen until I... click on the ease of access icon?????

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't enter PIN at the login screen until I... click on the ease of access icon?????: So my issue isn't so much an issue as it is a minor inconvenience, but it's just so strange I wanted to bring it up anyway. When I start up my PC, at the login screen, I can click on the input field for the PIN but nothing I type into it will actually show up.... until I...
  10. Can't enter PIN at the login screen until I... click on the ease of access icon?????

Can't enter PIN at the login screen until I... click on the ease of access icon?????: So my issue isn't so much an issue as it is a minor inconvenience, but it's just so strange I wanted to bring it up anyway. When I start up my PC, at the login screen, I can click on the input field for the PIN but nothing I type into it will actually show up.... until I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. login app pin with numpad