Windows 10: On shutdown: display turns off, but fans / RGB keep working for another 20+ seconds

Discus and support On shutdown: display turns off, but fans / RGB keep working for another 20+ seconds in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Thus has started happening today but has been reproducing the last 4 shutdowns. The displays will turn off but the rest of the PC seems to still be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Khal_Doggo, Aug 12, 2020.

1. On shutdown: display turns off, but fans / RGB keep working for another 20+ seconds

Thus has started happening today but has been reproducing the last 4 shutdowns. The displays will turn off but the rest of the PC seems to still be running for almost half a minute. CPU fan spins and the RGB lighting stays on from the motherboard 4pin connectors.

My set up:

MSI x570-Pro
    Ryzen 5 3600
    MSI 1660 Super
    Corsair Pro RGB 3600 MHz 16GB DDR4
    Crucial P1 OS SSD NVMe
    Win 10 Pro

All is set up as typical, no specific changes to power settings etc since yesterday. The only thing that has happened is the PC updated today. Stupid question but could this be related to temp? It's quite hot in UK at the moment?

submitted by /u/Khal_Doggo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Khal_Doggo, Aug 12, 2020
  2. sygnus21 Win User

Corsair’s ML RGB fans

Anybody knows if Corsair’s ML RGB fans will work on Gigabyte board without need of their (Corsair) lighting node?

My board does support RGB fusion and I’m currently using the supplied Aorus RGB fan commander to run both the front and rear case fans as well as control lighting.

On shutdown: display turns off, but fans / RGB keep working for another 20+ seconds [​IMG]

However, I find Cooler Master’s Pro 140 Air Flow RGB fan (rear) to be a bit noisy. Was originally running a Corsiar ML 140 fan in the rear but since it’s only an LED fan, it was replaced with the Cooler Master RGB fan, but as I said, it's a bit noisy, thus, my wish to replace it with a Corsair RGB fan. Just need to know if it’ll work without their lighting node.

Thanks.
    Thanks.

sygnus21, Aug 12, 2020
  3. MartynasB Win User
    GPU keeps working (fans spinning) for a few seconds after shutdown

Hello, my PC has been having weird shutdown lately. When the screen goes black at the end of the shutdown, I hear my fans and components stop working, the PSU relay clicks, but the GPU keeps working and its fans keeping spinning (maybe some other components too, but the GPU is the loudest one). They spin for a second or two before PC turns itself on again for a second and back off after a few more seconds. The second time, it shuts down fully. The screen stays black during this entire process, no POST, nothing.

I think this might be the GPU, because it started after I upgraded to Windows 10 and installed a second HDD. During the installation I decided to remove the GPU to allow me for some cable management, and it's been doing this ever since. I don't think it might be the new HDD as it turns off with all other components. It could be the OS, I honestly don't know :/

My GPU is a Gigabyte GTX 760 OC

All components, including the GPU, work perfectly apart from the shutdown.

My temperatures are OK, so I dismissed the possibility of it cooling itself. I've also tried disabling fast booting but that didn't help.

MartynasB, Aug 12, 2020
  4. On shutdown: display turns off, but fans / RGB keep working for another 20+ seconds

Dell computer continually restarts every 10 - 20 seconds

The Dell computer was working fine this afternoon. This evening on power up, the computer runs 10 - 20 seconds (disk light and fans come on) but nothing on the screen, except the very first time it displayed an "entering power saver mode" message) and
    then powers off (power light goes off). Several seconds later, the computer turns the power back on by itself and the process is repeated, endlessly, with a blank screen. Tried forced power off and then unplugging power, disconnecting all peripherals, restarting
    with nothing connected - still the same thing. Any suggestions (short of explosives)?

ClaireHolliday1, Aug 12, 2020
Thema:

On shutdown: display turns off, but fans / RGB keep working for another 20+ seconds

1. On shutdown: display turns off, but fans / RGB keep working for another 20+ seconds - Similar Threads - shutdown display turns

2. PC Turns On Fans Spin RGB Turns On But My Monitor Says No Display.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Turns On Fans Spin RGB Turns On But My Monitor Says No Display.: Hello,I have had my PC for maybe a year now and just recently swapped to a new GPU and everything was fine, except I didn't have Wi-Fi adapter in my computer so I wasn't really able to so anything except stare at my wallpaper. So, I swapped to my old GPU so I could fit the...
  3. PC Turns On Fans Spin RGB Turns On But My Monitor Says No Display.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Turns On Fans Spin RGB Turns On But My Monitor Says No Display.: Hello,I have had my PC for maybe a year now and just recently swapped to a new GPU and everything was fine, except I didn't have Wi-Fi adapter in my computer so I wasn't really able to so anything except stare at my wallpaper. So, I swapped to my old GPU so I could fit the...
  4. PC Turns On Fans Spin RGB Turns On But My Monitor Says No Display.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. no monitor signal but cpu fan works and keyboard rgb turns on and off?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    no monitor signal but cpu fan works and keyboard rgb turns on and off?: pc won't turn on but cpu fan works and keyboard rgb turn on and offThings i triedReseating ram and gpuMade sure my cables are tightCleared cmosTried igpuP.S. this issue randomly happens to me sometimes my pc boots fine and when i put my pc under stress everything works fine...
  6. no monitor signal but cpu fan works and keyboard rgb turns on and off?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no monitor signal but cpu fan works and keyboard rgb turns on and off?: pc won't turn on but cpu fan works and keyboard rgb turn on and offThings i triedReseating ram and gpuMade sure my cables are tightCleared cmosTried igpuP.S. this issue randomly happens to me sometimes my pc boots fine and when i put my pc under stress everything works fine...
  7. no monitor signal but cpu fan works and keyboard rgb turns on and off?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Gim 24 rgb fans not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Gim 24 rgb fans not working: I recently got these fans and they won't spin or light up. I connected these fans to the fan hub and they worked for the first day but now I cannot use them and they won't spin. My specs are: Also...
  9. Display Randomly Turns Off and Fans Speed Up; Has To Be Hard-Shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    Display Randomly Turns Off and Fans Speed Up; Has To Be Hard-Shutdown: Windows Version: 1909 (OS Build 18363.1198) This forum has been such a great help before and I come seeking your aid once again. The problem is summarized pretty well in the thread title, but some additional info/context may be helpful: -Problem began occurring about a...
  10. GPU keeps working (fans spinning) for a few seconds after shutdown

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    GPU keeps working (fans spinning) for a few seconds after shutdown: Hello, my PC has been having weird shutdown lately. When the screen goes black at the end of the shutdown, I hear my fans and components stop working, the PSU relay clicks, but the GPU keeps working and its fans keeping spinning (maybe some other components too, but the GPU...