Windows 10: On signing in I can't access anything on Desktop

Discus and support On signing in I can't access anything on Desktop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When I sign in my normal desktop background appears but there are no icons and just a stripped version of the taskbar When I hover over the taskbar I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Brandon W19, May 4, 2019.

1. On signing in I can't access anything on Desktop

When I sign in my normal desktop background appears but there are no icons and just a stripped version of the taskbar

When I hover over the taskbar I get a loading icon on my cursor

I can't left or right click on the start menu

I can't access task manager from ctrl alt del

I can't access a prompt from ctrl shift esc

:)

Brandon W19, May 4, 2019
  2. karyeowl Win User

Laptops cannot access desktops via WIFI

I have 3 desktops (all on Windows 10 1803) connected on my LAN. After following this forum for some times and did all the steps as suggested by forum member, access denied, all my desktops are able to view and access one another. I have a printer connected to PC1, and managed to connect all the other 2 PCs to have the shared printer.

I also have 2 more laptops (both Asus with the same Windows 10 1803) connected via WIFI. Performed all the same steps as per the desktops, but I was not able to access PC1. I was able to view all the 3 desktops from the file explorer, but I just can't access all the desktops. However, I was able to access the Asus laptops from desktop PC1.

Anyone able to assist on this matter? Any assistance is highly appreciated.

karyeowl, May 4, 2019
  3. Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, May 4, 2019
  4. On signing in I can't access anything on Desktop

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 4, 2019
Thema:

On signing in I can't access anything on Desktop

1. On signing in I can't access anything on Desktop - Similar Threads - signing can't access

2. Can't access anything from my desktop anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access anything from my desktop anymore: I tried to change settings in my one drive, and now it's completely removed everything from my desktop that was there. When I access the "One Drive Shortcut," it won't let me re-paste things into their location stating that One Drive needs additional storage. I DON'T WANT...
  3. Can't access anything from my desktop anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access anything from my desktop anymore: I tried to change settings in my one drive, and now it's completely removed everything from my desktop that was there. When I access the "One Drive Shortcut," it won't let me re-paste things into their location stating that One Drive needs additional storage. I DON'T WANT...
  4. Can't access anything from my desktop anymore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Can't access anything!

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't access anything!: Hi. I usually turn on my computer, put in my pin, and oila, I'm in. This morning, the system does not recognize my password or pin, AND when I try to click on the Windows key + R, it plugs in dots in the password bar, as if I'm typing a password. Do I have a virus? And if so,...
  6. Can't access anything!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access anything!: Hi. I usually turn on my computer, put in my pin, and oila, I'm in. This morning, the system does not recognize my password or pin, AND when I try to click on the Windows key + R, it plugs in dots in the password bar, as if I'm typing a password. Do I have a virus? And if so,...
  7. Can't access anything!

8. I can't click anything on desktop and taskbar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't click anything on desktop and taskbar.: To begin with, the computer screen freezes completely. but when I hover the mouse over the elements of the web browser or the Windows interface, it is highlighted as usual, but it does not respond to any mouse clicks.it is important to note that in any other window programs,...
  9. I can't click anything on desktop and taskbar.

I can't click anything on desktop and taskbar.: To begin with, the computer screen freezes completely. but when I hover the mouse over the elements of the web browser or the Windows interface, it is highlighted as usual, but it does not respond to any mouse clicks.it is important to note that in any other window programs,...
  10. Can't access anything

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't access anything: I installed a clean version of Windows 10 today, I tried to check for any updates but the computer says "We couldn't connect to the update service", when I try to log to my MS Account the computer keeps loading until ti says "Something went wrong, try again later 0x801901f4",...