Windows 10: on start up my computer says the system detected an overrun of a stack based buffer in this...

Discus and support on start up my computer says the system detected an overrun of a stack based buffer in this... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; on start up my computer says the system detected an overrun of a stack based buffer in this application. It won't let me log into my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Darryl Deleau, Mar 19, 2023.

1. on start up my computer says the system detected an overrun of a stack based buffer in this...

on start up my computer says the system detected an overrun of a stack based buffer in this application. It won't let me log into my computer

:)

Darryl Deleau, Mar 19, 2023

2. LogonUI.exe : the system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer

i got this recently "logonui.exe the system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer" may you explain why that error happened?

faiziqbalmld, Mar 19, 2023
  3. Neil23 Win User
    Help with this? 'The system detected an overrun of a stack-based...'

On a Windows 10 desktop today there was this error message...

“The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application. This overrun could potentially allow a malicious user to gain control of this application“

Any suggestion as to what the problem is and how to rectify the problem?

Neil23, Mar 19, 2023
  4. on start up my computer says the system detected an overrun of a stack based buffer in this...

System reports "detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer" in iexplorer

We ran into a system alert box (screenshot as below) complaining "an overrun of a stack-based buffer" in iexplorer randomly.

on start up my computer says the system detected an overrun of a stack based buffer in this... cffd50fe-d48c-49e3-8e19-12161ba2fee1?upload=true.jpg

The OS is Windows Server 2019 and is in zh-CN language. The error message can be translated as "The system detected an overrun of a stack-based
    buffer in this application. This overrun could potentially allow a malicious user to gain control of this application".

Iexplorer looks functioning normal after dismissing the alert, but it's really annoying to our users.

Anyone can help with

1) why this happens? how can it be fixed?

2) if it's a but from IE or system, how can we avoid this alert?

3) is it possible to disable system from prompting this kind of alert?

Thanks for any suggestions or hints.

LouisYang2, Mar 19, 2023
Thema:

on start up my computer says the system detected an overrun of a stack based buffer in this...

1. on start up my computer says the system detected an overrun of a stack based buffer in this... - Similar Threads - start computer says

2. The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application.: Hello, i recently got this problem while opening steam games. The first error is TextInputHost.exe-System error, the second is SearchHost.exe-System error and i think i got a third one once but can't remember what it said. I have tried sfc and dism but didn't work. Also i...
  3. on start up my computer says the system detected an overrun of a stack based buffer in this...

on start up my computer says the system detected an overrun of a stack based buffer in this...: on start up my computer says the system detected an overrun of a stack based buffer in this application. It won't let me log into my computer...
  4. The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application, This overrun...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application, This overrun...: It says that when i tried to open open network and internet settings. does anyone know a fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-system-detected-an-overrun-of-a-stack-based/49da1d7d-763a-4202-a669-8ed39b13d933
  5. The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application, This overrun...

The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application, This overrun...: It says that when i tried to open open network and internet settings. does anyone know a fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-system-detected-an-overrun-of-a-stack-based/49da1d7d-763a-4202-a669-8ed39b13d933
  6. The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application, This overrun...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. LogilonUI.exe: The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    LogilonUI.exe: The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this...: About 3 months ago my Lenovo Windows 10 laptop booted to a blank screen with flashing mouse with loading wheel.I first solved the problem by doing a system restore, but the problem repeatedly returned when Windows updated.I then tried to boot in Safe Mode, but immediately got...
  8. System Detected Stack-Based Buffer Overrun

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Detected Stack-Based Buffer Overrun: Hi guys, having some trouble here. I cannot find a solution, I've tried everything I can think of to no avail. One of the games I play seems to have become corrupted and caused a crash. Now it won't launch at all. That is not the main problem. The PC refuses to uninstall...
  9. ShellExperienceHost.exe - The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ShellExperienceHost.exe - The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this...: I booted up my PC and this error appeared. Virus scan on Windows defender, no threats found. This has never happened to me before, and it happened about a week after installing Razer Cortex. Could someone explain if this is a threat and how I can fix it? Edit: Closed the...
  10. The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application. This overrun...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application. This overrun...: PROCESS_NAME: BlackDesert64. ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000409 - The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application. This overrun could potentially allow a malicious user to gain control of this application. I recently bluescreened and this was...