Windows 10: On Start-up the Multi-Tasking window opens without opening Settings Menu

Discus and support On Start-up the Multi-Tasking window opens without opening Settings Menu in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; It's not critical just annoying.After the PC has completed its start-up routine the Systems - Multi-Tasking options menu appears on the monitor without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Lumpy20, Sep 6, 2021.

1. Lumpy20 Win User

On Start-up the Multi-Tasking window opens without opening Settings Menu

It's not critical just annoying.After the PC has completed its start-up routine the Systems - Multi-Tasking options menu appears on the monitor without entering, or starting Settings.Firstly, yes, I have done the latest Windows 10 update, 6th September 2021, KB4023057.Any help appreciated.Regards, KH

:)

Lumpy20, Sep 6, 2021
  2. Paolo Mag Win User

Start menu and settings both wont open.

Hello Robert,

As per the description of the issue, you are unable to open both Windows Settings and Start menu. For us to resolve this issue, we suggest that you perform troubleshooting. Here's an

article
    that you can go to. In here, you'll see solutions to resolve Start menu issues.

To resolve Windows Settings issue, kindly follow the steps listed below:

• Boot into Safe Mode.
    • Open a command prompt windows.
    • Type sfc/scannow, and then hit Enter.
    • Once it's finished, restart the computer to check if the issue still persists.

If the issue still persists after doing the steps above, kindly refer to this
    link
    for further troubleshooting.

Let us know if the resolution provided works.

Paolo Mag, Sep 6, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Start Menu won't open.

Hi Dougie,

Corrupted system files could be one of the reason why Start Menu is not opening.

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps listed in this article:
    Troubleshoot problems with the Start menu or Cortana
    see if it helps resolve the issue.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ronalene Mat, Sep 6, 2021
  4. On Start-up the Multi-Tasking window opens without opening Settings Menu

Start Menu does not open

Hi Roger,

Try these steps listed here to work on this issue.

• Open an Administrator CMD window. If you can’t find a way, use these steps:
    • Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    • Type CMD
    • Type the following commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannnow

Vidyaranjan A V, Sep 6, 2021
Thema:

On Start-up the Multi-Tasking window opens without opening Settings Menu

1. On Start-up the Multi-Tasking window opens without opening Settings Menu - Similar Threads - Start Multi Tasking

2. Start Menu, Settings will not open. Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu, Settings will not open. Windows 11: Just got a new PC.At first it worked fine. After a restart I was unable to make many basic interactions.While the taskbar is functional and I can open programs from it, I am unable to do the following:- Right Click programs to close/pin ect- Open the start menu. It simply...
  3. Start Menu, Settings will not open. Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu, Settings will not open. Windows 11: Just got a new PC.At first it worked fine. After a restart I was unable to make many basic interactions.While the taskbar is functional and I can open programs from it, I am unable to do the following:- Right Click programs to close/pin ect- Open the start menu. It simply...
  4. Start menu and settings does not open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu and settings does not open: I tried sfc /scannow Tried dism online health restoretried the powershell get restore commanddid a disk check, but none of this resolved the start menu error....
  5. Settings/start menu wont open

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings/start menu wont open: Hey new guy here my settings/start/volume/notifications wont open and apps wont open I've tried rebooting my windows explorer and didn't do anything my calculator app won't open either. I've been having alot of trouble with my account because my settings won't sync because it...
  6. Task bar and Start Menu not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task bar and Start Menu not opening: Hi I have a Windows 10. When I try to type anything in the Search box the screen freezes Until I open Task Manager, and none of the right bottom keys on the taskbar works. When I try to open the start menu- It opens and closes and leaves a black screen where it opened after...
  7. Start menu and settings now opening

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu and settings now opening: My windows 10 settings will not open. It will just close and my start menu will not open. It will ask me to sign out. I had this problem before, but not at the same time....
  8. Windows task, power, start menu will not open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows task, power, start menu will not open: I cannot open any window app through the key, start menu or cortana. Will not let me power off or restart with out a manually doing it. I have restarted, restored ect to try and get it to work. Please help....
  9. Settings and Start Menu won't open!

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings and Start Menu won't open!: A couple days ago my computer started acting funky and the next day my settings would crash every time I would open it I have tried running the troubleshooters and all the commands in PowerShell and cmd but nothing seems to work. Also, my start menu won't open even if I do...
  10. Can't open settings + start menu not opening

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't open settings + start menu not opening: Having issues opening my start menu/settings. Cannot use hotkeys to open them nor cmd prompts. Can still run task manager but I am having issues resolving this problem. I have tried creating a new user and switching to that account but no dice. Any help would be immensely...