Windows 10: On startup Desktop appears, auto goes to Win defender security

Discus and support On startup Desktop appears, auto goes to Win defender security in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I turn on computer, desktop appears, then immediately switches to Windows Defender Security Center. When I close windows defender out it goes back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Hushpuppy, Oct 21, 2017.

1. Hushpuppy Win User

On startup Desktop appears, auto goes to Win defender security

When I turn on computer, desktop appears, then immediately switches to Windows Defender Security Center. When I close windows defender out it goes back to desktop. How can I stop this?

:)

Hushpuppy, Oct 21, 2017
  2. DonKnight Win User

Win 10 loads as far as desktop then reboots

Win 10 downloaded and startup goes as far as desktop then reboots continually.

DonKnight, Oct 21, 2017
  3. Le Boule Win User
    Windows Defender shows yellow triangle briefly when I sign in

Ref “Outlook” your premise sounds logical to me but I do not use Outlook…

I also use only Windows Defender on my Win 10 and in your case the green checkmark will not appear on the Defender Security Center icon until Webroot is loaded and working properly.

I’ve got a “loaded” Win 7 desktop that is my primary computer and I don’t have much going on in the W10 laptop which is used strictly for surfing/e-mail.

Anything with a “High” startup impact may be affecting the speed of startup and might potentially interfere with how fast Webroot is up and running.
    I see several items (Google Drive, Logitech software, etc) in your screenshot that I would not consider essential to be running on a constant basis but you’ll need to decide according to your computer needs what you want to have running at startup.
    Your bios time shows 3.4 seconds and mine is 4.8 seconds so you've probably got a better processor and maybe more RAM than I do.

I generally wait a couple of minutes after booting up any computer before trying to use it so waiting 30 - 60 seconds for Defender Security Center to go “green” would not be a problem IMO though mine is usually “green” when it appears in the tray.

How to identify what startup programs are safe to disable

If you have not read it this is a pretty good article as are most “How To Geek” publications but ignore any ads you might see – occasionally some ads for PUPS might appear.
    How to Manage Startup Applications in Windows 8 or 10

Regards…

Le Boule, Oct 21, 2017
  4. spunk Win User

In File Explore toolbar/ View tab put a check box in Hidden Items. Now Browse to C:/Program Data/Microsoft/Windows/Start Menu/Programs/Startup
    If Windows Defender is in there, delete it.

spunk, Oct 21, 2017
  5. Hushpuppy Win User
    Thanks for the help. You got me on the right track. Disabled Windows Defender in CCleaner tools, startup

Hushpuppy, Oct 21, 2017
  6. mrgeek Win User
    "Disabled Windows Defender in CCleaner tools, startup "

FYI; this keeps the interface from opening but Defender will update in the background after a shut down then cold start. Windows Update will also seek other updates at the same time.

mrgeek, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. On startup Desktop appears, auto goes to Win defender security - Similar Threads - startup Desktop appears

2. Maximum security in windows defender on win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Maximum security in windows defender on win 11: when I check the page about device security on my windows 11 pro I notice that it says "Your device meets the requirements for enhanced hardware security" but I see there is also "Your device has all Secured-core PC features enabled" possible and I´m interested how can I...
  3. Win 10 Desktop startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 Desktop startup: Helloon my desktop I used to get amazing pictures from around the world whenever I started my windows 10, now I only get the same picture, any idea how to get that fixed. my laptop seems to display these amazing photosThanks...
  4. Win 10 Desktop startup

Win 10 Desktop startup: Helloon my desktop I used to get amazing pictures from around the world whenever I started my windows 10, now I only get the same picture, any idea how to get that fixed. my laptop seems to display these amazing photosThanks...
  5. Win 10 Desktop startup

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Windows Security does not appear in the systray or in TaskManager startup

Windows Security does not appear in the systray or in TaskManager startup: Windows Security is running as expected on one of my Windows platforms, but its icon is not displayed in the systray and is not shown in Task Manager startup. How do I get the systray icon back?...
  7. Windows Security does not appear in the systray or in TaskManager startup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security does not appear in the systray or in TaskManager startup: Windows Security is running as expected on one of my Windows platforms, but its icon is not displayed in the systray and is not shown in Task Manager startup. How do I get the systray icon back?...
  8. Windows Security does not appear in the systray or in TaskManager startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Windows defender not appearing in tray nor in startup.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender not appearing in tray nor in startup.: HI, I was recently attacked by a virus which is hopefully now gone but it did some damage to my pc where I am watching that Windows Defender is not showing itself in tray nor in startup programs as you will see in the screenshot below. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] These are the...
  10. Win 10 desktop startup issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 desktop startup issue: Upgraded to Win 10 a couple of months ago on Toshiba laptop. All was well until about 3 weeks or so ago, after an OS update. Windows will still startup to the desktop however a couple of seconds after the desktop screen appears, the default browser (Firefox in this case...