Windows 10: On startup, "Preparing Automatic Repair" message, leading to Automatic Repair screens

Discus and support On startup, "Preparing Automatic Repair" message, leading to Automatic Repair screens in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had a working Windows 10 Home computer which a week back on bootup showed "Preparing Automatic Repair" and leading to the Automatic Repair screens... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ikkh, Feb 8, 2020.

1. ikkh Win User

On startup, "Preparing Automatic Repair" message, leading to Automatic Repair screens

I had a working Windows 10 Home computer which a week back on bootup showed "Preparing Automatic Repair" and leading to the Automatic Repair screens with two options - 'Restart' which doesn't work, get the same screens again and 'Advanced Options'. Going further into Advanced Options and on Clicking 'Reset this PC', I get the message "There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made."

On choosing further Advanced Options- Startup Repair shows "Diagnosing your pc" and then says Startup Repair couldn't repair your PC. It does save a log file to e:\

On choosing Command prompt, what I seem to be able to see is that my c:\ drive has been changed to the "System Reserved volume" on my SSD instead of going to my normal "Windows" volume.

How do I proceed? I think configuring my SSD to hide "System Reserved" volume and unhide? my normal Windows volume should do the trick but not sure how I go about doing this. Would you appreciate your help on this.

:)

ikkh, Feb 8, 2020
  2. JewceaSBD Win User

"Automatic repair message"

When I turn on my laptop I get a "preparing automatic repair" then "diagnosing your pc" message which leads to a blue screen with the restart or advanced options.

JewceaSBD, Feb 8, 2020
  3. Preparing Automatic Repair/Diagnosing Your PC Loop

Hi,

To resolve your concern with continuously looping your system, we suggest that you follow the Startup Repair steps below:

• Turn off your computer.
    • Turn on your computer. As soon as you see the Windows logo with the spinning dots, press and hold down the power button until your computer turns off. Do this process
      twice.
    • Turn on your computer for the third time, and let it load.
    • It should give you the message: Preparing Automatic Repair.
    • On the next screen that would appear, click on Advanced Options.
    • Select Troubleshoot.
    • Go to Advanced Options.
    • Click on Startup Repair.
    • Wait for the repair to finish.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Feb 8, 2020
  4. On startup, "Preparing Automatic Repair" message, leading to Automatic Repair screens

Preparing Automatic Repair Repeating

• Are you also receiving a message saying Automatic Repair couldn't repair your PC?
      No.
    • Are you able to reach the sign-in or Advanced Startup Options screen? No.
    • Have you made any changes to your computer before experiencing this issue? No.

RyanMcSheffrey, Feb 8, 2020
Thema:

On startup, "Preparing Automatic Repair" message, leading to Automatic Repair screens

1. On startup, "Preparing Automatic Repair" message, leading to Automatic Repair screens - Similar Threads - startup Preparing Automatic

2. Preparing automatic repair message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Preparing automatic repair message: HiI have been stuck on this message "preparing automatic repair" for months and would like to know if I reset the computer will my data be lost? Any other advise please?...
  3. Preparing automatic repair message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Preparing automatic repair message: HiI have been stuck on this message "preparing automatic repair" for months and would like to know if I reset the computer will my data be lost? Any other advise please?...
  4. Preparing automatic repair message

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. preparing automatic repair

in Windows 10 Gaming
    preparing automatic repair: how can i fix this. my lenovo laptop wont proceed into doing anything.it is stuck on preparing automatic repair with the lenovo logo on black screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/preparing-automatic-repair/00dfc785-17ca-45c3-be01-bbd83083c187
  6. Preparing for automatic repair

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Preparing for automatic repair: At start-up I get to prepare endless auto repair. Reboot with the wireless usb for both keyboard and mouse and it will start Windows 10 smoothly. Plug in the USB and let's go. I updated the drivers and removed the drivers, but still can't get the boot to go with the USBs....
  7. Preparing for automatic repair

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Preparing for automatic repair: How can I fix this one? Any help please. Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/preparing-for-automatic-repair/8d725a96-d6f9-4d3a-a11b-22c4c3a92e21
  8. preparing automatic repair

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    preparing automatic repair: I had problem from yesterday please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/preparing-automatic-repair/31b78d43-40c7-4d49-8be0-8ab210cc4010
  9. Preparing Automatic Repair

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Preparing Automatic Repair: Buenos dias, tengo una ACER Modelo N16Q2 con Win 10. La misma entro en la condicion que indica "Preparing Automatic Repair" y de alli no sale. Podria alguno ayudarme con algun procedimiento para ojala poder repara lo indicado. Muchas Gracias...
  10. Preparing for automatic repair

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Preparing for automatic repair: hello when i turned on my computer today it started preparing for automatic repair loop. I found my d c and e drives have shuffled. What should i do to exist the preparing for automatic repair ? [IMG]...