Windows 10: On startup, System temp goes up and fans speed up and PC crashes

Discus and support On startup, System temp goes up and fans speed up and PC crashes in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I included a screenshot of HWMonitor. Every other time I boot up my computer my system temperature rises to about 100C and my FANIN0 speeds all the way... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pjmcguirk85, Feb 21, 2017.

1. On startup, System temp goes up and fans speed up and PC crashes

I included a screenshot of HWMonitor. Every other time I boot up my computer my system temperature rises to about 100C and my FANIN0 speeds all the way up and then about 60 seconds later my computer hangs and I have to hold the power button. I posted this on a few other forums but I can't seem to get a consensus on what's happening.

My Specs are i5 6600k
    Motherboard: Gigabyte z170-xp SLI
    Graphics card: AMD RX 480
    CPU cooler: Corsair H60

I also had a BSOD that I posted on here a while ago where my GPU failed and I'm wondering what the heck is going on with my computer. I'm a little lost. Thanks for any help.
    On startup, System temp goes up and fans speed up and PC crashes [​IMG]

:)

pjmcguirk85, Feb 21, 2017
  2. BossDweeb Win User

inconsistent fan speeds

"Isn't there some way to set a different fan profile"

Laptops tend to have a lot of differences to desktop, but my current ASUS motherboard has

a fan speed profile setup in BIOS.

Other motherboard have system software that includes a fan speed profile option on the driver/software disk.

I usually set the profile so the fan speed at 40C is as high as it will go before it starts getting loud.

Then tweak it up from their.

A higher initial speed will keep the cpu cooler from the start. This helps prevent constant up/down cycling

that comes with some so called 'silent' setups that have a whoa to go fan speed profile.

- If you run the machine in high ambient air temps a cooling pad can help too.

- You should also monitor the temps to verify that machine is not running too hot.

For cpu - Real Temp

If the machine has dedicated graphics processor -
    GPU-Z Video card GPU Information Utility

BossDweeb, Feb 21, 2017
  3. Secundary HDD's constantly spining up issue

1. Start Up will list any applications you install and a couple system ones that start up at log on.

2. Indexing, you have to set it a certain way and restart it by restarting pc

when you open it, select pause if it is enabled

now select modify

show all folder on bottom

on top, select what you want indexed across all drives

you can open locations and select only chosen items to index. now OK

now that is the list that will be indexed

now select advanced and select to rebuild OK

restart pc, now your system will index for awhile and if you use pc it will pause or index slowly. depending on amount of indexed files depends on time.

when it is done indexing, the pause will be disabled.

cache or an external pagefile to a drive other than C:\, will cause them to start during system process of that feature running.

windows defender scanning will also do this.

file history will also do this, and you do not have to run file history manually as a back up for this to work. if you right click on a folder>>properties>>previous versions, windows creates random back ups you can restore to, this could cause them to start
    up.

3. speed fan is checking the speed at start up, as it checks for sensors and all. I let my board control my fan speeds. and that also depends on the capability of your motherboard how the fan runs and the fans max speed it can run. I never bother with any
    of that and my CPU stays at 39 degrees at idle and upto 46 on heavy CPU usage, board about 44 and GPU about 60. No need to mess with it or set it up.

also your heat sink and fans and pc case fans and ventilation determine your temps too along with the room temperature.

I use speed fan only for viewing my 3 main temps shown above.

I run all my drives 24/7/365 now for 10+ years non stop and they all are fine. No sleeping, hibernating, I do have the power option for usb selected suspend enabled

So anyway, good luck. I think you are in my opinion maybe wanting to learn things, but what you are concerned about is no concern at all, as long as CPU memory and disk usages are all fine. then this issue about the drives spinning on occasion and for how
    long is not going to matter whatsoever or is not going to make them last any less longer.

seahawks65, Feb 21, 2017
  4. Steve C Win User

On startup, System temp goes up and fans speed up and PC crashes

Is your CPU fan securely fastened to the CPU, connected and working?

Steve C, Feb 22, 2017
  5. Thank you for getting back to me. Everything is tightened down pretty snug. I thought this might be a different issue since the CPU temp doesn't go up, only the system temp. I use a Corsair H60 water cooler and I've had it on there about 6 months. This problem started happening a month ago. Someone else mentioned it might be the cooler so I'm wondering what makes you think that?

Thanks

pjmcguirk85, Feb 24, 2017
  6. clam1952 Win User
    clam1952, Feb 24, 2017
  7. Ok but wouldn't the CPU temp go all the way up if that were the case? Rather than the System temp? That's the part that bugs me about this. The CPU temp stays low the whole time. I looked over that forum link and it seems legit. But I don't know why the FANIN0 is going all the way up. I hear the fan going all the way up in the case and no other fan is going that fast.

I will replace the pump with an air cooler and let you know though. Thanks guys for the reply

pjmcguirk85, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

On startup, System temp goes up and fans speed up and PC crashes

1. On startup, System temp goes up and fans speed up and PC crashes - Similar Threads - startup System temp

2. PC has no display and fans are speeding up to max

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC has no display and fans are speeding up to max: I have this PC for 2014 and i still use today 10 days ago my power supply got damaged so we got one today but when i start my pc i notice my power button is not lighting up expect the disk LED. My PC spins to life but no display and i heard all my fans are spining to the...
  3. PC has no display and fans are speeding up to max

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC has no display and fans are speeding up to max: I have this PC for 2014 and i still use today 10 days ago my power supply got damaged so we got one today but when i start my pc i notice my power button is not lighting up expect the disk LED. My PC spins to life but no display and i heard all my fans are spining to the...
  4. PC randomly freezes for few seconds & fan speeds up

PC randomly freezes for few seconds & fan speeds up: I bought my dell inspiron laptop last year. My pc randomly freezes for few seconds at that time touchpad, keypad, screen, audio, internet connection to wifi stop working. This happen after some intervals. I open the task manager to see which program use more CPU become at...
  5. Case fans speed randomly goes up and goes down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Case fans speed randomly goes up and goes down: I got a tower case and 4 case fans installed. One in the front to suck in air, one one the floor to push air up, one large one on the side to pull in air and one on the back to push out hot air. I recently did a clean install and had a few freezing problems that was fixed by...
  6. Case fans speed randomly goes up and goes down

Case fans speed randomly goes up and goes down: I got a tower case and 4 case fans installed. One in the front to suck in air, one one the floor to push air up, one large one on the side to pull in air and one on the back to push out hot air. I recently did a clean install and had a few freezing problems that was fixed by...
  7. Case fans speed randomly goes up and goes down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. PC freeze and crash when playing games then my gpu fans speed up to max speed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC freeze and crash when playing games then my gpu fans speed up to max speed: Change my gpu yesterday and since then everytime I play a game the pc freeze and get a blackscreen and my fans get to max speed Nom d’événement du problème : LiveKernelEvent Code: 141 Paramètre 1: ffffa1824bf4a050 Paramètre 2: fffff80188022100 Paramètre 3: 0 Paramètre...
  9. Speed up startup on Win 10 PC?

Speed up startup on Win 10 PC?: How do I speed up my startup on my Win 10 PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speed-up-startup-on-win-10-pc/53ed0d8f-9575-4909-93b0-fac668b75a2a
  10. System Hang/Crash and Fan spin up

System Hang/Crash and Fan spin up: Hi Everyone, I've been having an intermittent problem where the computer will completely hang -black screen, no mouse/keyboard control, reset button doesn't work, only long hold of the power button turns it off. When this happens the fan also spins up from basically...