Windows 10: On startup, windows 10 screens shows"username/password incorrect. Try again"......

Discus and support On startup, windows 10 screens shows"username/password incorrect. Try again"...... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; ..... click "ok" new screen shows user and passsword boxes and a choice of my account or "user".No idea how this has just started happening - used to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Corystes C, Oct 11, 2021.

1. On startup, windows 10 screens shows"username/password incorrect. Try again"......

..... click "ok" new screen shows user and passsword boxes and a choice of my account or "user".No idea how this has just started happening - used to startup straight to desktop. Can't find any way of changing things.Anyone help?

:)

Corystes C, Oct 11, 2021

2. Username or password incorrect

I've previously run netplwiz from the command prompt to disable the sign in process in Windows 10.

On startup, windows 10 screens shows"username/password incorrect. Try again"...... [​IMG]

Which worked fine in build 10049 but in 10158 & 10166 I now get this error message

On startup, windows 10 screens shows"username/password incorrect. Try again"...... [​IMG]

I don't understand how this message can appear as no password has been entered at this stage.
    Pressing OK, or waiting 2 minutes results in this screen

Entering the PIN or password from the sign-in option continues the login process.
    Apart from starting again from scratch, any ideas on how to correct this.

WightWalker, Oct 11, 2021
  3. Welcome screen shows "Username or password is incorrect"

Whenever I start my Surface Pro 4, it reflects the error screen as"Username or password is incorrect". I need to click on the only option which says "OK" and sends me to windows spotlight lock screen to sign in.

DhruvAgnihotri, Oct 11, 2021
  4. alanofoz Win User

On startup, windows 10 screens shows"username/password incorrect. Try again"......

Strange variation on The username or password is incorrect"

I recently changed my computer's name and now get "The username or password is incorrect" on startup.

Note that if I change the name back to the earlier name the problem goes away, so the name changing appears to be the cause.

More detail:-

With the new name, when I startup I see the welcome screen for a moment and then the error message appears together with an OK button. When I click OK, there are two instances of my name in the bottom left corner of the screen; it wants to sign in with a new "unwanted" one. If I select the "normal" one I can then enter my password and will be logged in with my Microsoft account credentials. But note that I haven't needed to do this until now as I have de-selected "Users must enter...." in netplwiz.

If I select the "unwanted" one I can sign in with my Microsoft account credentials which only achieves the same as the normal one with the extra requirement of needing to type my email address as well as my password.

Obviously, I want to be able to bypass this step altogether as my use of netplwiz demonstrates.

I have tried all the solutions I have found in sites like
    https://www.askvg.com/windows-10-fix...after-restart/
    and am now totally at a loss.

I'd be very grateful if anyone is able to help.

alanofoz, Oct 11, 2021
Thema:

On startup, windows 10 screens shows"username/password incorrect. Try again"......

1. On startup, windows 10 screens shows"username/password incorrect. Try again"...... - Similar Threads - startup screens showsusername

2. the password is incorrect, try again.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the password is incorrect, try again.: hello, i have a lot of problemfirst my computer cant Insert the password like this "Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again.Set up my PIN"and than i ask to Microsoft answers, and them told me to follow this link...
  3. the password is incorrect, try again.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the password is incorrect, try again.: hello, i have a lot of problemfirst my computer cant Insert the password like this "Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again.Set up my PIN"and than i ask to Microsoft answers, and them told me to follow this link...
  4. the password is incorrect, try again.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. The password is incorrect. Try again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The password is incorrect. Try again: This computer now requires my microsoft password. I didnt know it, so I logged in and changed it. The computer refuses to accept the new password and wont let me boot up normally...
  6. The password is incorrect. Try again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The password is incorrect. Try again: This computer now requires my microsoft password. I didnt know it, so I logged in and changed it. The computer refuses to accept the new password and wont let me boot up normally...
  7. "The password is incorrect. Try again."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "The password is incorrect. Try again.": I thought I knew my password but it doesn't work. I am the only user on this computer. I am offered NO options on the sign-in screen. So how am I supposed to get in to change the password?...
  8. On startup, windows 10 screens shows"username/password incorrect. Try again"......

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    On startup, windows 10 screens shows"username/password incorrect. Try again"......: ..... click "ok" new screen shows user and passsword boxes and a choice of my account or "user".No idea how this has just started happening - used to startup straight to desktop. Can't find any way of changing things.Anyone help?...
  9. On startup, windows 10 screens shows"username/password incorrect. Try again"......

in Windows 10 Gaming
    On startup, windows 10 screens shows"username/password incorrect. Try again"......: ..... click "ok" new screen shows user and passsword boxes and a choice of my account or "user".No idea how this has just started happening - used to startup straight to desktop. Can't find any way of changing things.Anyone help?...
  10. The password is incorrect. Try again

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    The password is incorrect. Try again: I can't open my pc.. when I tried to open there's a blue screen with STOP CODE : SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED . I tried to find the solution... And I found that I need to restore my windows/system.. and when I tried to do it, it shows an account to continue with..and...