Windows 10: On system boot(1/4 of the time)Keyboard and Display does not get power

Discus and support On system boot(1/4 of the time)Keyboard and Display does not get power in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I posted this thread in general section got sent here. Here is the story: PC i built have been running like a best for 9 months. Only issue I had was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ggunner, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Ggunner Win User

On system boot(1/4 of the time)Keyboard and Display does not get power

I posted this thread in general section got sent here. Here is the story:

PC i built have been running like a best for 9 months. Only issue I had was when i restart or start pc, everything in my case would power on(fans lights etc) but the keyboard and the screen wouldn't and i would be stuck there. After 2-4 attempts it would also power these on and start the windows. I have no idea why this happens.

Anyway, i decided to update my windows 10 to 1903 and that was the beginning of my problems. PC started freezing during games(no bsod) just screen mouse kb all freeze and id need to restart.

Yesterday I came home and pc wouldn't power on at all. I had to unplug an plug back everything(including cmos bat) except cpu and i got it to power on again, occasionally getting past the black screen like earlier.

This time though, it would not let me into windows! As soon as i typed my password and hit enter, it would freeze like before. I could get into safe mode only and even there any scans or hd checks i run wouldn’t fix anything and wouldd give error.

None of the reset, restart, uninstall updates or reinstall of windows options would work. I finally tried an external drive to boot and do a fresh install. It let me install new windows, But again, windows would get to password entry screen and freeze as soon as i put my pw and i hit enter.

So, I decided to go buy some parts and tested out ram, mb, psu.. i tried each part individually with no success. Finally, with new mb and psu installed i was able to do a clean install of windows with zero problems. Things seem to run fine now... BUT, pc still idles with everything on after system boot. I'm still having to try 2-3 times.

How do I fix this???

(Note: I'm also using a new cpu and case for the past 4 months and I had the same issue with my old cpu and case as well. )

:)

Ggunner, Sep 14, 2019

2. Automatic Power off 3-4 times while booting

Hello Buhari,

We know it's frustrating when things don't work as expected. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

Share this information to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Have you made any significant changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates?
    I suggest you to follow the methods mentioned below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Disconnect all the external devices (printers, scanner, USB (universal serial bus) drives, etc...) Except mouse and the keyboard and then try to shut down.

Method 2: I suggest you to
    run in-built Power troubleshooter and check.

Follow the steps:

1. Press Windows Key + X.

2. Click on Control Panel.

3. Select Troubleshooting on the left pane, click on View All.

4. Click on Power to run the troubleshooter.

Method 3: If the above method doesn’t help, I suggest you to
    reset and restore all of the default Power Plans back to their default settings.

Follow the steps:

1. Press Windows Key + X.

2. Select Command Prompt (Admin).

3. At the command prompt, type powercfg -restoredefaultschemes, and then press
    ENTER.

4. At the command prompt, type exit to exit the Command Prompt window.

5. Restart the computer and check with the issue.

Hope this helps, let us know the status of the issue.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Sep 14, 2019
  3. nmrm Win User
    computer won't boot but has power

Kursah, that 6 steps are granted it always boots at the 6th step (sometimes at the 4th) and I have to remove the ethernet cable every time otherwise I'll have to do countless steps, that's a fact. I do not have Wake On Lan set.

4. On system boot(1/4 of the time)Keyboard and Display does not get power

query about speed of boot time

Hello,

Please be informed that, if there are many startup items on the desktop, it will take time to boot up to the desktop screen. It is the ideal time to boot up.

Also, suggest you to run the system maintenance troubleshooter.

Its a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with system.

Refer these steps:

1. Press Windows key +X, select
    Control panel.

2 . Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

3. Click on troubleshooting and click on the
    view all option on the left panel.

4. Run the System Maintenance troubleshooter.

Do let us know the status of your concern. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Pratiksha Devadiga, Sep 14, 2019
Thema:

On system boot(1/4 of the time)Keyboard and Display does not get power

1. On system boot(1/4 of the time)Keyboard and Display does not get power - Similar Threads - system boot Keyboard

2. My 1-4 keyboard keys aren't working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My 1-4 keyboard keys aren't working: I already tried reinstalling the drivers, there is no software that could prevent the keys from working At least I think.I didn't use my laptop for like 5-6 days and now the keys aren't working.When I try to test my keyboard on those input checking sites the 1-4 keys just...
  3. My 1-4 keyboard keys aren't working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My 1-4 keyboard keys aren't working: I already tried reinstalling the drivers, there is no software that could prevent the keys from working At least I think.I didn't use my laptop for like 5-6 days and now the keys aren't working.When I try to test my keyboard on those input checking sites the 1-4 keys just...
  4. My 1-4 keyboard keys aren't working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Displayport does not work if I boot PC with an un-powered display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Displayport does not work if I boot PC with an un-powered display: I have had some issues with a display device Texas Instruments DMD. I am using an Onlogic HX600 with a triple displayport IO.If I boot my Windows PC while DMD display is un-powered, then that displayport appears to be disabled for the rest of that session. The DMD display is...
  6. Displayport does not work if I boot PC with an un-powered display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Displayport does not work if I boot PC with an un-powered display: I have had some issues with a display device Texas Instruments DMD. I am using an Onlogic HX600 with a triple displayport IO.If I boot my Windows PC while DMD display is un-powered, then that displayport appears to be disabled for the rest of that session. The DMD display is...
  7. Displayport does not work if I boot PC with an un-powered display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. 1. My hp system windows 10 keeps displaying inaccurate time.

1. My hp system windows 10 keeps displaying inaccurate time.: I manually fix this by toggling the "set time automatically" off and then I update it with the windows time server but upon reboot, it changes to an inaccurate time. Sometimes it maintains an accurate date, sometimes it doesn't. I've tried a few fixes recommended here such as...
  9. 1-2 hour boot time

1-2 hour boot time: Please help, I have just pulled a Dell motherboard and i7 processor from a Dell Precision T1500 and built into a new case with a fresh install of windows 10 on a 128gb SSD with 16gb DDR3 memory & 2x additional HDD's for extra storage. Everything was working fine until I...
  10. 1 monitor primary display and 4 monitor secondary display

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    1 monitor primary display and 4 monitor secondary display: Our church wants to setup a display composed of four 20" square monitor. This will be our secondary display. Computer specs at the moment: CPU: Intel i3-3210 GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 210 RAM: 2 x 4GB DDR3 1333 MHz MB: ASUS P8H61-M LX3 PLUS R2.0 OS: Windows 10 Pro x64...