Windows 10: On taskbar, time, speakers and hidden icons arrow turned dark

Discus and support On taskbar, time, speakers and hidden icons arrow turned dark in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Win 10 2004. Apparently as a result of changing the background in a video program AVC from light to dark and back, the background in other programs,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by highstream, Jun 18, 2020.

1. On taskbar, time, speakers and hidden icons arrow turned dark

Win 10 2004. Apparently as a result of changing the background in a video program AVC from light to dark and back, the background in other programs, Windows Explorer and the time, hidden icons and speakers icons on the taskbar turned dark too. In addition, the background for the notification area and time popups turned grey. I got Explorer back to light, but can't find the way to get the right side taskbar elements back to light. One instruction I read online, toggling "Use small taskbar buttons, didn't solve it. Where is the dark/light mode for these right side taskbar elements controlled from? I've included below a screenshot of the ones I'm referring to on the taskbar itself the taskbar is properly set to transparent. Thanks,

On taskbar, time, speakers and hidden icons arrow turned dark 6999a31a-f446-40dc-bf24-cb00e47a29c9?upload=true.jpg

:)

highstream, Jun 18, 2020

2. Taskbar - Hidden Icons Arrow

On taskbar, time, speakers and hidden icons arrow turned dark 0e168e1e5f2b91bda50baa61947e70d0.png

Screenshot - 0e168e1e5f2b91bda50baa61947e70d0 - Gyazo

As you can see here, whenever I click on the overflow arrow to show hidden icons on my taskbar, the menu thing appears behind the taskbar, hiding a few icons. I recently installed a mouse driver, which is hidden by the taskbar and can never access the software
    from here, which is quite annoying, since its the fastest way to open it. I have tried closing some of these apps, but it still appears behind the taskbar, no matter how small it gets. I have also tried changing the size of the taskbar, but nothing has worked.
    Does anyone have a fix?

(Not sure if this matters but I'm using a Dell Inspiron 7577 with Windows 10)

AdamAhmed1, Jun 18, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    speaker icon disappears on taskbar

There are two Settings for icons in the notification area, these are found in Settings > Personalization > Taskbar under 'Notification Area'. They are: 'Select which icons appear in the notification area' and 'Turn system icon on or off'. The first changes whether the icon is displayed or in the list of other hidden icons. The second removes the icon completely from those being displayed, whether on the tray or hidden. Make sure both are turned on for your speaker icon.

Changing the screen resolution should have no effect, what display adapter do you have? Do you have the latest driver, and have you just updated the driver? In the past Nvidia have been known to release a new driver that messed up displaying icons on Start, it may well be that your problem is a display driver problem.

4. Yaqub K Win User

On taskbar, time, speakers and hidden icons arrow turned dark

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

On taskbar, time, speakers and hidden icons arrow turned dark

1. On taskbar, time, speakers and hidden icons arrow turned dark - Similar Threads - taskbar speakers hidden

2. Taskbar Icons or "Hidden Icons" Keep Getting Turned Off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Icons or "Hidden Icons" Keep Getting Turned Off: My Taskbar Icons "used to be SysTray Icons" keep getting "Hidden" even though I turn them on. After a week or so, they get turned back off. Very annoying and there used to be a way to turn them ALL on prior to Windows 11 and now they're managed individually. The icons that I...
  3. Taskbar Icons or "Hidden Icons" Keep Getting Turned Off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Icons or "Hidden Icons" Keep Getting Turned Off: My Taskbar Icons "used to be SysTray Icons" keep getting "Hidden" even though I turn them on. After a week or so, they get turned back off. Very annoying and there used to be a way to turn them ALL on prior to Windows 11 and now they're managed individually. The icons that I...
  4. hidden icon arrow not going away

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hidden icon arrow not going away: I am wondering why is it when there are no hidden icons , the arrow will not go away in Windows 11? In personalization, taskbar and under other system tray icons, I see the hidden icon menu. Some do not have it. How to fix it so that when no icons are hidden, the arrow goes...
  5. hidden icon arrow not going away

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hidden icon arrow not going away: I am wondering why is it when there are no hidden icons , the arrow will not go away in Windows 11? In personalization, taskbar and under other system tray icons, I see the hidden icon menu. Some do not have it. How to fix it so that when no icons are hidden, the arrow goes...
  6. No speakers icon on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    No speakers icon on taskbar: There's no speaker icon on my taskbar and never was. How can I get that icon on the taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-speakers-icon-on-taskbar/94cc97d6-4b65-4d99-bd87-b1bead2a1c97
  7. Hidden icons in taskbar.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hidden icons in taskbar.: All of a sudden my taskbar hidden icons folder is filling with red X marked icons. New one every 10-15 seconds! Only one visible in taskbar itself. If I click up arrow on taskbar to make them all visible I can just wave my mouse pointer around them and they disappear in no...
  8. UWP icons dark on taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    UWP icons dark on taskbar: I have started using some UWP apps and have pinned them to the taskbar. But on some PCs, the icons are dark so they cannot be seen. I can click the spot where I know they are and start the apps, I just cannot see them. Initially, I thought it was an issue with Start10, but...
  9. How to hide the show hidden icons arrow on the taskbar? (Windows 10)

How to hide the show hidden icons arrow on the taskbar? (Windows 10): Does anyone know how to hide the show hidden icons button on the taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-hide-the-show-hidden-icons-arrow-on-the/cc4883de-2cb9-4314-85ac-a47366fd6108
  10. Cannot turn of "hidden dark theme"

Cannot turn of "hidden dark theme": Hey! I have turned on the dark mode from regedit a few years ago and over time it started to effect my Microsoft Office programs. I have refreshed my PC since then, everything looked fine but not it started again. My excel and Word background looks grey, default font color...