Windows 10: On the recovery of the C:\Windows\System32\sru folder

Discus and support On the recovery of the C:\Windows\System32\sru folder in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello there,During the day I found out that the Service Host Diagnostic Policy service was taking up to 15% of my CPU. When I see a service or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Asarrion, Nov 29, 2023.

1. Asarrion Win User

On the recovery of the C:\Windows\System32\sru folder

Hello there,During the day I found out that the Service Host Diagnostic Policy service was taking up to 15% of my CPU. When I see a service or something taking such a portion during prolonged amounts of time I tend to examine it and see if something went wrong. The SRUDB.dat file was very big so I stopped the service and deleted it, so the service would create it again when it started.It didn't solve my problem until I figured it out much later, but I ended up accidentally deleting the sru folder along with its contents. I quickly created another sru folder and even an SRUDB.dat file, but the

:)

Asarrion, Nov 29, 2023

2. Recovering C:/Windows/system32/SRU/SRUDB.dat

The support team of a third party application said that on my PC the following file is damaged or corrupted:

C:/Windows/system32/SRU/SRUDB.dat

They suggested to use the Windows System File Checker ("sfc /scannow") without further information.

I attempted to run it as Administrator either in normal and in safe mode with no success.

I attempted to repair the file by running:

C:\Windows\System32>sfc /scanfile=C:/Windows/system32/SRU/SRUDB.dat

but I got a message saying that Windows protection blocked the required action.

Given that the solution provided by the third party application support team is correct, how can I repair the file witout compromising other installed applications?

Regards

Marius

Marius - Roma, Nov 29, 2023
  3. SLI with different cards

Here is what is did
    step 1:
    On the recovery of the C:\Windows\System32\sru folder 1516036961984-png.png

step 2:
    On the recovery of the C:\Windows\System32\sru folder 1516036994068-png.png

:/ i dont get this doe ?

okay ive done the same thing as you but i cant put the file back into the folder

• Copy nvlddmkm.sys in C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_5518e59e8d3b48f4\ to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\ and replace the existing one.
    that thing

gamingturkey1, Nov 29, 2023
  4. Anusha Win User

C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink On the recovery of the C:\Windows\System32\sru folder ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Nov 29, 2023
Thema:

1. On the recovery of the C:\Windows\System32\sru folder - Similar Threads - recovery WindowsSystem32sru folder

2. Wierd Recovery folder in C:\

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wierd Recovery folder in C:\: Hello, I was using treesize program to check for anyting unnusual and i noticed a Recovery folder in my C:\ that has a AutoApply foler and a OEM folder. Inside the AutoApply folder there's another folder called CustomizationFiles and inside of it is a exe called overseer.exe....
  3. Wierd Recovery folder in C:\

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wierd Recovery folder in C:\: Hello, I was using treesize program to check for anyting unnusual and i noticed a Recovery folder in my C:\ that has a AutoApply foler and a OEM folder. Inside the AutoApply folder there's another folder called CustomizationFiles and inside of it is a exe called overseer.exe....
  4. Wierd Recovery folder in C:\

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. On the recovery of the C:\Windows\System32\sru folder

On the recovery of the C:\Windows\System32\sru folder: Hello there,During the day I found out that the Service Host Diagnostic Policy service was taking up to 15% of my CPU. When I see a service or something taking such a portion during prolonged amounts of time I tend to examine it and see if something went wrong. The SRUDB.dat...
  6. recovery folder???

recovery folder???: there is a recovery folder in my c drive it was hidden today i looked at it its taking 2.71gb of storage can i delete it??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-folder/a7e93c10-6fec-46e9-bb1f-4a29429d8686
  7. recovery folder???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    recovery folder???: there is a recovery folder in my c drive it was hidden today i looked at it its taking 2.71gb of storage can i delete it??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-folder/a7e93c10-6fec-46e9-bb1f-4a29429d8686
  8. Move C:\Recovery\* to Recovery partition

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Move C:\Recovery\* to Recovery partition: Hi, I have the recovery partition but the recovery file are in the C: filesystem. I don't know if it uses the recovery partition but I would like to move from C: to the recovery partition to save some space. It's possible? 176302
  9. Recovery Folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovery Folder: My Recovery Drive - Other folder is extremely full 17.2 G, how do I fix that? Thanks for any suggestions, it is very much appreciated! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-folder/3caf2f26-206f-4783-b34a-ebb031e69fbe
  10. Recovery Folder in C:\

in Windows 10 Support
    Recovery Folder in C:\: Hi, After upgrading to Windows 10, I noticed a "Recovery" folder in C:\ in addition to "Windows.old" (which I already deleted). Before I delete it, I just want to ensure that it is an extra file in Windows 10 and not a normal one that is in every Windows version. (I also...