Windows 10: On the subject of full-screen videos

Discus and support On the subject of full-screen videos in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My partner's computer is a months-old laptop that came with Win10 Home. She's had problems with full-screen videos for almost its entire lifespan,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BlackOwl, May 6, 2016.

1. BlackOwl Win User

On the subject of full-screen videos

My partner's computer is a months-old laptop that came with Win10 Home. She's had problems with full-screen videos for almost its entire lifespan, though the problem did ease off for a while before returning in full force. When playing videos full screen, the videos will skip or slow and the computer will begin running slow, often to the point of totally freezing. There's no known single trigger as she often has nothing open at the time. This appears to happen irrespective of the program used - Chrome and Edge both have the issue, as does WMP for offline videos.

The machine is a Dell XPS 15 which has had no hardware modifications, so it's running an Intel Core i7, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M, 16GB of RAM, and an unknown mainboard. We've tried updating all video drivers to no avail. I suspect a software issue but I've got absolutely zero clue where to start looking.

Any ideas?

:)

BlackOwl, May 6, 2016

2. Can't put videos in full screen - Lumia 625 WP8.1

Assuming you are watching in a browser, videos are now shown inline on the webpage by default. You should be able to watch full screen by double tapping the video.

Moderator's note: We amended the subject so other users can easily identify and answer the concern.

Paul van der Heu, May 6, 2016
  3. Can't put videos in full screen - Lumia 625 WP8.1

Ive updated my phone to windows 8.1 and now when I go to watch my anima videos online I wont let me put videos on full screen and then it says video can not be decided can amy one help me with this

Moderator's note: We amended the subject so other users can easily identify and answer the concern.

videofailer, May 6, 2016
Thema:

On the subject of full-screen videos

1. On the subject of full-screen videos - Similar Threads - subject full screen

2. Videos brighten in full screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Videos brighten in full screen: I just got a Sense 27" monitor and am facing a strange problem. I use MPC-BE player and when playing in a window all is okay. When I go to full screen the picture gets very bright and returns to normal returning to window. Don't know if it's the screen or windows settings or...
  3. Why is my video not in full screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my video not in full screen?: Recently some other people and I have been recording games using the Xbox Game Bar, but the result is the video being smaller and moved towards one corner of the screen. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks for helping [IMG]...
  4. Having problem with playing videos full screen.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Having problem with playing videos full screen.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/razorx274 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i30gtv/having_problem_with_playing_videos_full_screen/
  5. Taskbar interrupts full screen games/videos

Taskbar interrupts full screen games/videos: Hey everyone, i was wondering if someone could help me. My taskbar keeps popping up when i try to do something full screen for example i play fifa and it forces the game to go on pause suddenly and taskbar comes visible on screen same happens with videos from hbo, netflix...
  6. Video lagging in full screen mode

Video lagging in full screen mode: Sometimes when i switch my videos to full screen mode it stutters in players . Vlc player , Pot player , KM player and even in windows default player. Can anyone tell me how can i solve this problem? My current Gpu is Strix RX480 and it is running on latest drivers....
  7. Videos freezing in full screen.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Videos freezing in full screen.: Hi. I am having a problem playing videos in full screen. No matter what player I use they will freeze. They play fine if theyre not in full screen. They will play in full screen if I move the mouse constantly. But if I stop moving the mouse the screen freezes. The audio will...
  8. blank screen after watching videos in full screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    blank screen after watching videos in full screen: Hi, After I stream a video in fullscreen mode, when I try to close out of it the screen goes blank- it just turns white. The only way I can get out of it is to use ctrl alt delte and bring up the task manager, however I then run into the issue where I attempt to close the...
  9. Sleep issue + Full Screen Video issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep issue + Full Screen Video issue: Hello! I bought a Windows 10 Asus laptop about a month back and have been running into a few issues. I actually have tried asking the Microsoft tech forums directly but with a lack of responses I feel I need to ask elsewhere. There are two issues I have here that I'm...
  10. Problem With Full Screen Video With Multiple Apps

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem With Full Screen Video With Multiple Apps: In Windows 8.1, if I split my display in half - I could have multiple apps like Internet Explorer and Visual Basic open. Then if I was watching a video on YouTube in full screen mode, the video would still only be displayed in the half of the screen so I could still multitask...