Windows 10: on upgrade lost all my personal apps on desktop

Discus and support on upgrade lost all my personal apps on desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I get my personal apps back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by robertkolinsky, Feb 12, 2020.

1. on upgrade lost all my personal apps on desktop

How do I get my personal apps back

:)

robertkolinsky, Feb 12, 2020
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Feb 12, 2020
  3. Lost app's after windows 10 upgrade ! ? '

Hello David,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Lost apps and back up files after upgrading to Windows 10. We will certainly help you.

• Which all apps are lost after upgrading to Windows 10?
    • Where have you stored the back-up files?

If the files were stored in C: drive then we suggest you to kindly open C: drive in File explorer and then open
    Windows.old folder and check if the files are present.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Feb 12, 2020
  4. Palisades Win User

on upgrade lost all my personal apps on desktop

Lost files and folders on desktop after windows 10 upgrade

Hello, I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 over 4 days ago. After windows 10 was up, all the folders/files in my desktop were moved somewhere. I did a file search and moved them back to the desktop. I was on a general user admin account. Shortly after, I logged into my outlook account on windows 10. Could still see all the files/folders on my desktop. But when I rebooted my pc for 1st time after upgrading to windows 10, all the desktop files/folders disappeared. File search could only find the icon links in ..../Recent folder. No physical files/folders exist for those icon links. Online MS Help techs had tried to look into my pc remotely but they could not find anything. One online tech suggested Office 365 could recover them since the files may be saved in Office app, but I used Office to search for the files with no success.

All other personal files/folders not saved on desktop are still OK.

All was lost for the files/folders on desktop? Any suggestion would be appreciated. Thanks.

Palisades, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

on upgrade lost all my personal apps on desktop

1. on upgrade lost all my personal apps on desktop - Similar Threads - upgrade lost personal

2. I Lost my Surface personal Data suddenly lost all files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I Lost my Surface personal Data suddenly lost all files.: Hello everyone, I was facing problem last night I was working on my Surface laptop 3 I downloaded the iCloud Drive App from Microsoft Store after using the app and configured in user profile in C Drive. I lost all of my data and file which is important to me but some of app...
  3. I Lost my Surface personal Data suddenly lost all files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I Lost my Surface personal Data suddenly lost all files.: Hello everyone, I was facing problem last night I was working on my Surface laptop 3 I downloaded the iCloud Drive App from Microsoft Store after using the app and configured in user profile in C Drive. I lost all of my data and file which is important to me but some of app...
  4. I Lost my Surface personal Data suddenly lost all files.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Lost apps on my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost apps on my desktop: I lost my apps on my desktop. I cant find it and I dont know how to bring it back to my desktop screen. I dont know much about computer and Im only using this for playing and browsing. Please help me since I am lost here....
  6. Lost apps on my desktop

Lost apps on my desktop: I lost my apps on my desktop. I cant find it and I dont know how to bring it back to my desktop screen. I dont know much about computer and Im only using this for playing and browsing. Please help me since I am lost here....
  7. Lost All My Apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lost All My Apps: I was on the phone with a Microsoft tech to help me get upgraded to Windows 10. I have a Lenovo Y70-70 laptop that came with many apps. After getting Windows 10 installed. I found that all my pre installed apps were gone. I'm wondering if I do a "system recovery" if that...
  8. Reset but keep all personal files - all files lost.

Reset but keep all personal files - all files lost.: I was having trouble with being signed in to a temporary account so in the windows boot recovery I chose to reset my PC keeping all my personal files. 20 mins later however, I return to find my pc reset - and none of my files are there. Literally the only stuff left was a few...
  9. Lost all my files after upgrade

Lost all my files after upgrade: My laptop undertook an automatic upgrade yesterday and now I cannot find any of my previously saved documents and files - photos and many word document. I have tried looking in the C drive and users - all folders empty. How can I recover these many files that I thought I...
  10. Upgrading SSD firmware - lost FSX app in All Apps List

Upgrading SSD firmware - lost FSX app in All Apps List: I upgraded my Samsung Magician from 4.8 to 4.9. After doing this I was presented with a firmware update to my two Samsung Evo850 SSD's. I did the update on both. All appeared to go well. Immediately after this however, I noticed that the layout of the tiles on my Start...