Windows 10: On which hard disk will the manufacturer install the operating system?

Discus and support On which hard disk will the manufacturer install the operating system? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I want to buy a Lenovo notebook with two hard drives and Windows 10 home pre-installed. The hard drives in the given order: 1TB HHD ... 128GB... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Motolex, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Motolex Win User

On which hard disk will the manufacturer install the operating system?

I want to buy a Lenovo notebook with two hard drives and Windows 10 home pre-installed. The hard drives in the given order:

1. 1TB HHD ...
    2. 128GB M.2 SSD, NVMe, PCIe
    Now I wonder on which hard disk Windows 10 is installed. It would be desirable on the SSD of course, because it is faster, but the HHD is the "1st hard disk".

what do you think?

:)

Motolex, Jul 10, 2020
  2. cdawall Win User

Which is the Fastest and reliable 10TB hard disk?

Step one, don't keep all your data in one place.

Step two, all high density platters are a bitch to recover on failure, so see step one.

Step three, all hard drive manufactures are under 2% to profit for RMA's so brand doesn't really matter.

cdawall, Jul 10, 2020
  3. Error "Windows can not to be installed on this hard disk, if other media available install window to another hard disk".

Hi Andre,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to install the Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

You might experience this kind of issues in Windows for a number of reasons. Some common issues that can cause these problems are:

• This issue might be caused due to the incorrect partition on the hard disk which would be the case the hard disk that the operating system was installed on.
    • The hard disk or partition might not be in NTFS format.
    (The NTFS file system provides better performance and security for data on hard disks and partitions or volumes than the FAT file system used in some earlier versions of Windows).

I suggest you to format the hard drive and then try installing Windows 10.

Hard disks, the primary storage devices on your computer, need to be formatted before you can use them. When you format a disk, you configure it with a file system so that Windows can store information on the disk.

Warning:

Make sure you take the backup of the data and then try formatting.

Formatting erases any existing files on a hard disk. If you format a hard disk that has files on it, the files will be deleted and can't be retrieved.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Jul 10, 2020
  4. On which hard disk will the manufacturer install the operating system?

External Hard disk contents are not visible.

Hi Pranoti,

For us to narrow down your concern with your external hard disk, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Do you hear any clicking sound when connecting your hard disk?

In the meantime, we suggest that you update all your device driver.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

On which hard disk will the manufacturer install the operating system?

1. On which hard disk will the manufacturer install the operating system? - Similar Threads - hard disk manufacturer

2. Boot Device Not Found. Please install an operating system to your hard disk”3FO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot Device Not Found. Please install an operating system to your hard disk”3FO: Boot Device Not Found. Please install an operating system to your hard disk”3FO https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/boot-device-not-found-please-install-an-operating/88bdc879-6a0f-45fe-8753-81b57b707a20
  3. Boot Device Not Found. Please install an operating system to your hard disk”3FO

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot Device Not Found. Please install an operating system to your hard disk”3FO: Boot Device Not Found. Please install an operating system to your hard disk”3FO https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/boot-device-not-found-please-install-an-operating/88bdc879-6a0f-45fe-8753-81b57b707a20
  4. Is the hard disk causing the problem or operating system is old?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is the hard disk causing the problem or operating system is old?: actually my hard disk got damaged so i got it replaced with new hard disk Aver-tek sata hard drive 500gb and along with that techie solid state drive256 gb but the shopkeeper actually installed windows 7. so i am trying to convert it into windows 10 using iso file it shows...
  5. Is the hard disk causing the problem or operating system is old?

Is the hard disk causing the problem or operating system is old?: actually my hard disk got damaged so i got it replaced with new hard disk Aver-tek sata hard drive 500gb and along with that techie solid state drive256 gb but the shopkeeper actually installed windows 7. so i am trying to convert it into windows 10 using iso file it shows...
  6. Boot device not found please install an operating system on your hard disk

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Boot device not found please install an operating system on your hard disk: I put in a new m.2 in my laptop and it says Boot device not found please install an operating system on your hard disk. When i put in my old m.2 it boots up normally...
  7. Boot device not found please install an operating system on your hard disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot device not found please install an operating system on your hard disk: I put in a new m.2 in my laptop and it says Boot device not found please install an operating system on your hard disk. When i put in my old m.2 it boots up normally...
  8. Boot device not found please install an operating system on your hard disk

9. activation after manufacturer motherboard and operating system replaced

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    activation after manufacturer motherboard and operating system replaced: Confused purchased new Windows 10 All in One, first day Blue Screen and "said I had no operating system installed"? Happened twice both time send back to HP On Activation screen says "Windows is activated with a digital license" Half ways down screen under key icon...
  10. How to determine which Operating System is installed on the computer.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to determine which Operating System is installed on the computer.: THIS IS NOT MY LAPTOP HAS BEEN USED BY YOUNG CHILDREN OVER MOST RECENT TIMES, PERSONALLY OLDER LADY AM I AND WOULD PREFER TO USE WINDOWS 7 BEI NG THAT IS MOST OF MY COMPUTER EXPERIENCE, HOWEVER FEEL CERTAIN IT , WINDOWS 7, MAYBE OBSOLETE?? IN EFFORT, TO BEST AHCIEVE...