Windows 10: On windows 10 home edition I do not get option of switch user on locked screen

Discus and support On windows 10 home edition I do not get option of switch user on locked screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Running windows 10 home edition and have setup 3 account one me as admin and 2 of kids as users. If one account shuts down or leave laptop and let it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Reza 1352, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Reza 1352 Win User

On windows 10 home edition I do not get option of switch user on locked screen

Running windows 10 home edition and have setup 3 account one me as admin and 2 of kids as users. If one account shuts down or leave laptop and let it go to locked screen, it does not give switch user option. The only way to switch user is that person who has logged in last time enter pass and login and then with using Ctrl+Alt+Delete I can get switch user option. Any way that can get switch user at lock screen or start up?!

:)

Reza 1352, Sep 15, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Switch user from lock screen

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to switch user from lock screen. I’ll certainly help you with the steps.

Once you lock the computer, to switch from one user account to another from the lock screen, select the user name from the list of available users at the bottom left of the sign-in screen, enter the credentials to sign-in.

Below is a screenshot of lock screen for reference:

On windows 10 home edition I do not get option of switch user on locked screen c2a15387-8165-46f6-8ab0-904d80af2e1b?upload=true.jpg

However, if you wish to switch user without locking the computer, refer the steps mentioned in the article

How to switch users (accounts) in Windows 10

Let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 15, 2020
  3. How to Switch user at Locked Screen in Windows 10

SOS, any ideas?

Running Windows 10 Pro on multiple PCs. All PCs have multiple user accounts defined. Only one PC allows users to logon by picking their name from the list of users. If a users is already logged on, and the desktop is locked, that user must log off entirely
    before the user list shows.

This is not the case on one of PCs. On the one PC, if a user left the PC with a locked Desktop, any configured user can simply select their name and switch user without the need to log off the previous user. All processes and apps are left intact as well
    for the previous user.

I did notice that after pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL the PC that is working as needed offers the option to "Switch User" whereas the other PCs do not offer that option.

I did read suggestions
    HERE
    to no avail. Does anyone have any ideas? We are not using picture security on any pf the PCs. Any tips or help will be greatly appreciated.

Victor_Sepulveda, Sep 15, 2020
  4. On windows 10 home edition I do not get option of switch user on locked screen

Automate Switch User in Windows 10

We understand that you wanted to create a shortcut which will switch the user with just a click away. Switch user switch user function allows administrators to assume the identity of a user, it can also be used to test a user's access to resources and to
    perform application integration testing. The following options may be used in switching the user:

Option 1: To Switch User from Start Menu

• Open the Start menu, click/tap on your user name, and click/tap on the user account you want to switch to.
    • You will now be taken directly to the sign-in screen of the selected account.

Option 2: To Switch User by Running tsdiscon.exe

• Right-click on the Windows icon; then select Command Prompt.
    • Type the following:
    C:\Windows\System32\tsdiscon.exe

Press Enter. You will now be on the sign-in screen to select and sign in to the account you want to switch to.

Option 3: To Switch User from Alt+F4 Shut Down Windows Dialog

• Click/tap on your desktop to make it the current focused (active) window, and press the
      Alt+F4 keys.
    • Select Switch user in the drop down menu, and click/tap on
      OK
      or press Enter.
    • You will now be taken to the lock screen to unlock.
    • Select and sign in to the account you want to switch to.

Option 4: To Switch User from Ctrl+Alt+Del Screen

• Press the Ctrl+Alt+Del keys, and click/tap on Switch user.
    • You will now be taken directly to the sign-in screen to select and sign in to the account you want to switch to.

Option 5: To Switch User from Sign-in Screen

• While on the sign-in screen, select and sign in to the account you want to switch to.

Option 6: To Switch User from Task Manager

• Right-click on the Windows icon; then select Task Manager.
    • Click on More details.
    • Click/tap on the Users tab, right click or press and hold on an already signed in user that you want to switch to, and click/tap on
      Switch user account.
    • You will now be taken directly to the sign-in screen of the selected account.

The options provided above are the only ways in switching the user. What we recommend is that you choose the easy way in switching the user.

Feel free to post your query should you need assistance.

Vanessa Oca, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

On windows 10 home edition I do not get option of switch user on locked screen

1. On windows 10 home edition I do not get option of switch user on locked screen - Similar Threads - home edition option

2. Switch user option missing on login screen Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switch user option missing on login screen Windows 10: Hi EveryoneI am having an issue with a PC at work. It is windows 10, and last night there was a reboot of the machine, this morning I come inand the PC is sitting at a login screen with an account on the screen that hasn't been used in years and no one knows the password...
  3. Switch user option missing on login screen Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switch user option missing on login screen Windows 10: Hi EveryoneI am having an issue with a PC at work. It is windows 10, and last night there was a reboot of the machine, this morning I come inand the PC is sitting at a login screen with an account on the screen that hasn't been used in years and no one knows the password...
  4. Switch user option missing on login screen Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Windows 10 Home edition "Switch Users" choice is missing

Windows 10 Home edition "Switch Users" choice is missing: I have a PC running Windows 10 Home. There are two user accounts on the PC, both Administrator accounts. When the computer is started, only a single account shows up for login. When I've logged into that account and go to the start menu, there is no Switch User setting....
  6. No option to switch users from lock screen? Windows 10

No option to switch users from lock screen? Windows 10: Hi so unfortunately my laptop, windows 10, is locked and I don't know the current user's password. How can I get the switch users option to come up on the bottom left? Are there any keys I could press, before turning it on, or some way through the command line. Unfortunately...
  7. Switch user from lock screen

Switch user from lock screen: How can I switch users in Win10 from lock screen? ***Modified title from: switching users in win10*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switch-user-from-lock-screen/2d6fb1d6-6b0e-4eb0-9f18-73692c1ced7c
  8. windows 10 home, no video editing option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 home, no video editing option: I recently got my windows 10 home, but when I went on the photo app, there was no option to create a video. only two options. I've only just got my windows 10 home, I haven't updated or did anything what so ever....
  9. Switching from Windows 10 pro edition to home edition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Switching from Windows 10 pro edition to home edition: Hi everyone! Just recently bought a new pc, problem is, I expected it to come with windows 10 home edition as usual, but it came with an unactivated version of windows 10 pro edition. I tried using the media creation tool but the option for windows 10 home edition didnt...
  10. Disable/Change timeout Windows 10 Lock Screen on Home edition

Disable/Change timeout Windows 10 Lock Screen on Home edition: After spending time searching how to disable the Windows 10 Home lock screen I finally came across these 2 articles which worked for me. how-disable-windows-10-lock-screen how-to-change-the-windows-10-lock-screen-timeout This is posted to help the hundreds who are...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 switch user from lock screen