Windows 10: On Windows 10 Home Edition. Showing "A hypervisor has been detected. Features required for...

Discus and support On Windows 10 Home Edition. Showing "A hypervisor has been detected. Features required for... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello everyone, My name is Abhishek. I have an Windows 10 Home edition device from HP, And I have a problem while using virtualization software due to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by abhishek_msuser, Sep 27, 2020.

1. On Windows 10 Home Edition. Showing "A hypervisor has been detected. Features required for...

Hello everyone,

My name is Abhishek. I have an Windows 10 Home edition device from HP, And I have a problem while using virtualization software due to showing "A hypervisor has been detected. Features required for Hyper-V will not be displayed." on "system information".

and on "Turn on or off features" no hyper -v option available. so How can I turn off it. virtualization software like VMware & VirtualBox not working. Hyper -v also not available. but showing "A hypervisor has been detected. Features required for Hyper-V will not be displayed.". also try to reset my pc, But it also don't work. on system information option. also try to fix it by command prompt & windows power shell but show"Hyper -v feature is unknown" so can any buddy help me to solve this problem. I have try a lots of things to fix but not working any thing to solve it.

At the short way I want to say, I have a Windows 10 Home Edition laptop fromHP. No hyper -v feature available but showing"A hypervisor has been detected. Features required for Hyper-V will not be displayed." on "system information". So Virtualization software not working like VMware & VirtualBox. any can buddy help me to solve this problem.

Please help me to solve this...

:)

abhishek_msuser, Sep 27, 2020

2. How to disable hypervisor after uninstalling Sandbox feature?

Hi, maybe someone can suggest something beside installing and uninstalling hyper-v feature. I didn't have time to try it yet, don't currently have access to PC in question.

So, I installed win10 1903 and enabled that new Sandbox feature to see how it works. After the end of test I removed it, but hypervisor it installed is still enabled on system.

Task manager shows 'Virtualization: enabled', systeminfo says 'A hypervisor has been detected' and vmware player won't start.

So now I need to somehow manually uninstall this hypervisor, any ideas? Going through anything remotely connected to windows features (dism, powershell) is no go since Hyper-V feature isn't installed so there's nothing to uninstall

Andy_Scull, Sep 27, 2020
  3. -KELLY- Win User
    A hypervisor feature is not available to the user.

I got an error on gpupdate /force as below on my workstation which is Windows 10 Enterprise version 1803.

-----------------------------

{F312195E-3D9D-447A-A3F5-08DFFA24735E} failed due to the error listed below.

A hypervisor feature is not available to the user.

Note: This component only reports overall status information. It does not report information about its individual policy settings; consequently, those settings will not appear in this tool. Please contact the vendor of this component to check if an updated
    version is available.

-----------------------------

It is my understanding that hypervisor is feature to install/manage multiple OS in one workstation. Actually I only install one Windows 10 to my workstation. I am not sure it is related to hypervisor or not, but I connect to virtual server from my workstation
    over VMware VSphere, but the virtual server is not installed on my workstation. It is running on other physical servers in the same network.

The error above is showed up when I executed gpupdate /force on my windows 10 workstation. What kind of action I should take to fix the error? Any advice will be appreciated..

-KELLY-, Sep 27, 2020
  4. lolmaus Win User

On Windows 10 Home Edition. Showing "A hypervisor has been detected. Features required for...

Struggling to enable Hyper-V on Windows 10 with AMD Ryzen: "A hypervisor has been detected"

• Gigabyte Aorus X470 Gaming 7 WIFI
    • AMD Ryzen 2700X
    • Windows 10 64-bit v. 1903
    • BIOS F31
    • AMD Chipset driver v. 19
    I have enabled SVM in the BIOS (which is a Gigabyte term for virtualization). I have installed Hyper-V in Windows features.

I'm running msinfo32 and expect to see four items related to Hyper-V. Instead, I see: "A hypervisor has been detected. Features required for Hyper-V will not be displayed."

How do I enable Hyper-V??

PS My goal is to run Docker natively, without VirtualBox. When I try to setup Kinematic, it says:

On Windows 10 Home Edition. Showing "A hypervisor has been detected. Features required for... E3bVRQE.png

lolmaus, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

On Windows 10 Home Edition. Showing "A hypervisor has been detected. Features required for...

1. On Windows 10 Home Edition. Showing "A hypervisor has been detected. Features required for... - Similar Threads - Home Edition Showing

2. Can't get rid of "A hypervisor has been detected" in system info

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get rid of "A hypervisor has been detected" in system info: Hello, i noticed when i try to launch something like bluestacks, it says its incompatible with my device. I'm able to run it only in administrative mode. i have provided a screenshot of the virtualization section. any clues on how to remove that message?...
  3. Can't get rid of "A hypervisor has been detected" in system info

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't get rid of "A hypervisor has been detected" in system info: Hello, i noticed when i try to launch something like bluestacks, it says its incompatible with my device. I'm able to run it only in administrative mode. i have provided a screenshot of the virtualization section. any clues on how to remove that message?...
  4. A hypervisor has been detected yet hyper-v can not be enabled since SLAT capabilities

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A hypervisor has been detected yet hyper-v can not be enabled since SLAT capabilities: Hi,I am trying to enable hyper-v in windows 10 Pro v:21H2 Build 19044.1706 with feature pack 120.2212.4170.0which is running inside of virtual box on an ubuntu host.This is all running on a AMD Ryzen 5950x with the following CPU flags:fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic...
  5. A hypervisor has been detected yet hyper-v can not be enabled since SLAT capabilities

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A hypervisor has been detected yet hyper-v can not be enabled since SLAT capabilities: Hi,I am trying to enable hyper-v in windows 10 Pro v:21H2 Build 19044.1706 with feature pack 120.2212.4170.0which is running inside of virtual box on an ubuntu host.This is all running on a AMD Ryzen 5950x with the following CPU flags:fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic...
  6. A hypervisor has been detected yet hyper-v can not be enabled since SLAT capabilities

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows 10 Home Edition Feature Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home Edition Feature Updates: I have Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit. Am able to successfully load a Quality Updates, b Driver Updates, c Definition Updates, and d Other Updates. I successfully run with no issues: a Windows Update Troubleshoot, b DISM, and c sfc scan. The only potential issue and may...
  8. Disable the "Require sign-in" feature when computer has been idle

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Disable the "Require sign-in" feature when computer has been idle: How can I prevent Windows from locking the screen and forcing me to type my password any time my computer has been idle? I don't mind having to enter my password after restarting, but I do not want it to be automatically when I am actively using the computer. All power and...
  9. Trying to Enable Hyper-V but showing: "A hypervisor has been detected. Features required...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Trying to Enable Hyper-V but showing: "A hypervisor has been detected. Features required...: Hi there, I am trying to enable Hyper-V as per instructions from https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/xamarin/android/get-started/installation/android-emulator/hardware-acceleration?pivots=windows After enabling virtualization in my BIOS, when using systeminfo in the command...
  10. Struggling to enable Hyper-V on Windows 10 with AMD Ryzen: "A hypervisor has been detected"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Struggling to enable Hyper-V on Windows 10 with AMD Ryzen: "A hypervisor has been detected": Gigabyte Aorus X470 Gaming 7 WIFI AMD Ryzen 2700X Windows 10 64-bit v. 1903 BIOS F31 AMD Chipset driver v. 19 I have enabled SVM in the BIOS (which is a Gigabyte term for virtualization). I have installed Hyper-V in Windows features. I'm running msinfo32 and expect to see...