Windows 10: on windows 10 i cant video chat on facebook

Discus and support on windows 10 i cant video chat on facebook in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; every time I try it tells me I need to allow messenger to use my camera but it's on an still makes me go to settings and nothing changes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by javelinjareth, Nov 24, 2018.

1. on windows 10 i cant video chat on facebook

every time I try it tells me I need to allow messenger to use my camera but it's on an still makes me go to settings and nothing changes

:)

javelinjareth, Nov 24, 2018
  2. Andy K' Win User

facebook chat synchronising

Hello garimella sandeep,

Thank you for posting in the forum! As I understand you cannot connect with FB chat.

Please try to connect through another network connection / Wifi. It could be that your connection is too weak for chat connection as that requires a stronger one than just browsing the internet.

And also try these steps:

• Force the phone to sync with Facebook and your Microsoft account:
      • On your phone, go to Start, flick left to App list, tap Settings

Collapse this imageExpand this image

, and then tap Email+accounts.
      • Tap and hold Facebook and tap Sync.
    • Make sure your Microsoft account / Windows Live account has Facebook as a "connected service."
      • On your computer, go tohttp://profile.live.com/services?view=manage,and sign in to the Microsoft account that you use on the phone.
      • If this is your first time connecting Facebook to your Microsoft account, follow these steps:
        • Click Manage your accounts.
        • Click Facebook from a screen that displays other social network services.
        • In the list of check boxes, make sure that you select See my Facebook friends and their updates in Messenger, andChat with my Facebook friends in Messenger.
        • Click Connect with Facebook.
        • From the pop-up window, click Allow.
      • If your Microsoft account is already connected to Facebook but you want to edit your settings:
        • From the Your connected Services page, click Edit Facebook settings.
        • In the list of check boxes, make sure to select See my Facebook friends and their updatesand
          Chat with Facebook friends.
        • Click Save.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.
    Have a nice day!

Andy

Andy K', Nov 24, 2018
  3. cannot connect to facebook chat

Hi, Roy.prity

Are you using Skype? It is known to prevent Facebook Chat. Uninstall Skype.

Are you using an alias when attempting to connect? Chat will not work using an alias account. Use your primary ID.

Step 1: If you didn't turn on Facebook Chat when you initially set up your Facebook account on your
    Windows Phone, you can turn it on later in Settings.

1.In the App list, tap Settings.

2. Flick to Applications, then tap Messaging.

3. Turn on 'Use Facebook Chat' toggle switch, then tap 'Set up'.

Step 2: Ensure that your Microsoft account (that you are using on the
    Nokia Lumia) is linked with your Facebook.

Microsoft account | Your profile

Click 'Manage your accounts.' Under Facebook, tap the 'Edit' button. Ensure that the boxes for 'See Facebook friends and their updates' and 'Chat with Facebook friends' are ticked.

Smittychat., Nov 24, 2018
  4. VivekRai Win User

on windows 10 i cant video chat on facebook

My Facebook Chat remains offline

• My facebook and google contacts remains offline in my phone instead of a good internet connection and the settings switched to available and recommended one.

I have already tried most of the suggestions posted in the community related to the very problem, but unfortunately none of them are working.
    • I am also unable to switch my facebook chat in live messenger to online; however the problem is not with the Google chat in the live id.

I can switch my Google chat to online and offline as many times I want, but can't do the same with my Facebook chat.
    • kindly give me a working suggestion.

VivekRai, Nov 24, 2018
Thema:

on windows 10 i cant video chat on facebook

1. on windows 10 i cant video chat on facebook - Similar Threads - cant video chat

2. facebook video chat

in Windows 10 Customization
    facebook video chat: something happened in the last 2 weeks and now I can not make a video call at facebook messenger... I am using windows 10 with the latest feature update 21h1... when I open camera on my computer I can see myself... tried 2 browsers Edge and Chrome... when I click on camera...
  3. Facebook Messenger on Windows 10 opens the chat box on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Facebook Messenger on Windows 10 opens the chat box on startup: I do not mind Messenger running on startup but it always opens up on startup on the screen. How do I stop it doing this? It never did this before....
  4. Facebook video chat not working on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Facebook video chat not working on Windows 10: Have spent several days attempting to get this video chat working. So far, nothing has helped. Camera and mic work fine using Skype, but not if using Facebook chat. Whenever I click on the camera icon in Facebook chat I get the following error: An Error occured when trying...
  5. Facebook video & Skype video

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Facebook video & Skype video: I'm having weird problems using Facebook Video, Google Video & Skype Video. If I try either of these between two computers here, the video picture will come up on one but not the other. When we skyped someone from away recently, their picture would come up but the volume was...
  6. video on facebook

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    video on facebook: how do I switch on the video and microphone on facebook calls. It used to work just fine , now it doesn't. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-on-facebook/3dd085d6-5dfe-4425-aa87-5d6cacc6ff97
  7. New multiplayer video chat AR games in Facebook Messenger

in Windows 10 News
    New multiplayer video chat AR games in Facebook Messenger: [ATTACH] For the moments when we can’t be together IRL, Messenger video chat helps you connect in real-time with the people you care about most. Chatting face-to-face live makes all the difference when you have exciting news to share, you need a study buddy for a big test,...
  8. FACEBOOK VIDEO CHAT: NEED TO TURN CAMERA ON AND MICROPHONE BUT IT NOT WORKING STILL

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    FACEBOOK VIDEO CHAT: NEED TO TURN CAMERA ON AND MICROPHONE BUT IT NOT WORKING STILL: PLEASE HELP I CANNOT UPHNESE MY FACEBOOK VIDEO CHAT I N EED TO TURN CAMERA ON AND MICROHONE BUT IT NOT WORKING STILLL * Moved from IE10/other * Original title: MY FACEBOOK VIDEO CHAT...
  9. Facebook Chat Is Missing "Web" and "Mobile"

in Browsers and Email
    Facebook Chat Is Missing "Web" and "Mobile": Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10 earlier, the Facebook chat doesn't show whether someone's online on Web or on Mobile, no matter which browser I use. It used to show this in Windows 7, but from what I've seen, it's gone in Windows 8, too. 13143
  10. Facebook Chat Box

in Browsers and Email
    Facebook Chat Box: Hi folks, Is anyone else missing their Chat Box thing on Facebook? It seems to have disappeared. *Confused Here's what I'm talking about.. [img] I've edited out any personal details, but as you can see there is no chat box thing on the right side of the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Facebook Messenger crashes when attempting Video chat through Windows 10 OS

2. windows phone windows 10 facebook video chat