Windows 10: On windows 10 I'm facing a search bar problem, How to fix it?

Discus and support On windows 10 I'm facing a search bar problem, How to fix it? in Cortana to solve the problem; The search bar opens, displays a loading screen, and then crashes every time I click on it. I've tried troubleshooting it and even rebooting my... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Akash_485, Mar 31, 2023.

1. Akash_485 Win User

On windows 10 I'm facing a search bar problem, How to fix it?

The search bar opens, displays a loading screen, and then crashes every time I click on it. I've tried troubleshooting it and even rebooting my computer so far, but it hasn't fixed the issue. Screenshot

:)

Akash_485, Mar 31, 2023

2. FIXED!! Windows 7 sp1 never ends searching for updates

Thanks for this and your step by step. My search for updates only took 10 minutes after your guide.

Spaceman Spiff, Mar 31, 2023
  3. Search Windows Problems

Hi Stevens,

As you are facing issues with Windows Search bar, we will help you in resolving it.

Do let us know the version of Windows 10 installed on your device?

Press Windows + R keys from the keyboard, type
    winver
    , and press Enter to know the Windows version installed.

Step 1: Run Search and Indexing Troubleshooter.

If you're having problems locating specific files, folders, or other items on your computer, try using the Search and Indexing troubleshooter to fix the problem. It makes sure that the Windows Search service is running, and checks
    to see whether you have the correct permissions to search all the directories on your computer.

Follow the steps given below to run Search and Indexing Troubleshooter.

• Type Troubleshooting in the
      Search box from the desktop.
    • Select the Troubleshooting option.
    • Select View All option and select the
      Search and Indexing.
    • Click on Next to perform the
      Search and Indexing troubleshooter and follow the steps.

Step 2: Also, I suggest you to run SFC scan and check if it helps.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. If a
    Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing the Windows Search bar for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 31, 2023
  4. On windows 10 I'm facing a search bar problem, How to fix it?

Issues with using Search bar not working on Windows 10

Hi Amirek,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with using Search bar on Windows 10. We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue could occur if there is change in system settings.

To assist you better, please provide us the below information:

• When you say that "My search bar stopped working and despite all of the "fixes" suggested", what are the troubleshooting steps which you have performed to resolve the issue?
    • Are you getting any error message when you click on Search bar?
    • Have you install any third party security software on the computer?

Method 1: I suggest you to refer to the suggestion provided in the below Microsoft Help Article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/get-help-windows-start-menu

Method 2: Also I recommend you to boot the computer in safe mode and check if the issue is occurring in it or not.

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows - Microsoft Support

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Mar 31, 2023
Thema:

On windows 10 I'm facing a search bar problem, How to fix it?

1. On windows 10 I'm facing a search bar problem, How to fix it? - Similar Threads - I'm facing search

2. how to fix windows 11 search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to fix windows 11 search bar: My windows 11 search abr for some reason is not responding to anything i type out. This also happens to my search bar in the settingsI have tried many suggestions to fix this from this comment linked...
  3. How to fix the search bar help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix the search bar help: When I click the windows key and search like Discord it will just pop up a loading screen split second then it will go away. Idk how is this keep happening, I tried alot of tutorial on Youtube all of them didn't work. So please, help me fix this. Thank you....
  4. How to fix the search bar help

How to fix the search bar help: When I click the windows key and search like Discord it will just pop up a loading screen split second then it will go away. Idk how is this keep happening, I tried alot of tutorial on Youtube all of them didn't work. So please, help me fix this. Thank you....
  5. On windows 10 I'm facing a search bar problem, How to fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    On windows 10 I'm facing a search bar problem, How to fix it?: The search bar opens, displays a loading screen, and then crashes every time I click on it. I've tried troubleshooting it and even rebooting my computer so far, but it hasn't fixed the issue. Screenshot...
  6. On windows 10 I'm facing a search bar problem, How to fix it?

On windows 10 I'm facing a search bar problem, How to fix it?: The search bar opens, displays a loading screen, and then crashes every time I click on it. I've tried troubleshooting it and even rebooting my computer so far, but it hasn't fixed the issue. Screenshot...
  7. I'm having a problem with my search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm having a problem with my search bar: It may be a glitch or something I don't even know but the font starting glitching and I have no idea what to doRecently I unistall a game and unistall it's truetypefont files and I think it makes this font error or glitchPlease tell me a way to fix this...
  8. I'm having a problem with my search bar

I'm having a problem with my search bar: It may be a glitch or something I don't even know but the font starting glitching and I have no idea what to doRecently I unistall a game and unistall it's truetypefont files and I think it makes this font error or glitchPlease tell me a way to fix this...
  9. I'm having a problem with my search bar

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Problems with the search bar in Windows Explorer. How to fix it.

in Cortana
    Problems with the search bar in Windows Explorer. How to fix it.: Problems with the search bar in Windows Explorer How to fix it * Original title: How to fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problems-with-the-search-bar-in-windows-explorer/8bd63697-f766-4f22-93d5-f00677b1ec73