Windows 10: on windows 10 version 1909 2 the fingerprint access does not work anymore... any help pls ?

Discus and support on windows 10 version 1909 2 the fingerprint access does not work anymore... any help pls ? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; on windows 10 version 1909 2 the fingerprint access does not work anymore... any help pls ?... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by MarcChampagne, Jan 20, 2020.

1. on windows 10 version 1909 2 the fingerprint access does not work anymore... any help pls ?

on windows 10 version 1909 2 the fingerprint access does not work anymore... any help pls ?

:)

MarcChampagne, Jan 20, 2020

2. Fingerprint Reader not working on Windows 10

Hi Kayleigh,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with accessing Fingerprint reader on Windows 10, do let us know the following to assist you better:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What is the device status in Device Manager along with exclamatory mark?

I suggest you to try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run Hardware troubleshooter as it will help in resolving the issues with hardware and resolve any simple issues found.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, click on
      Control Panel.
    • In the Control Panel window, select Category and then select
      Large icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting, click on
      view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2: I suggest you to update the drivers for Fingerprint Reader in Device Manager:

Steps:

• Right click on Windows key from the desktop and click on
      Device Manager.
    • Expand Human Interface Devices, right click on the
      Fingerprint driver and select Update Driver Software
    • Check if you are able to access the device.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with the required information and updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 20, 2020
  3. fingerprint swipe quit working.

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the fingerprint
    drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Fingerprint
    drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Fingerprint device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset and Fingerprint
    drivers.

Method 3

If issue still persists, I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Fingerprint
    drivers in Compatibility mode and check if it works:

Follow the steps to uninstall the Fingerprint
    driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Fingerprint device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Now download the drivers the manufacturer website and install it in Windows 8.1 compatibility mode. Follow the steps provided below to install the drivers in compatibility mode:

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select Windows 8.1 operating system from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.
    Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Mann_Manohar, Jan 20, 2020
  4. elmarconi Win User

on windows 10 version 1909 2 the fingerprint access does not work anymore... any help pls ?

Windows Hello disappeared - Fingerprint not working anymore

Hi everyone,

I have a Elitebook 840 G2 with Windows 10 running on it. Since I use Win10, I was always logging in with Windows Hello and the built in fingerprint reader.

Today, I made a restart of Windows and some updates were installed. When I wanted to log in again, there was no login possible anymore with the fingerprint. Instead, I had to use the PIN. A short glimpse in the Settings revealed that there was no Windows
    Hello option anymore!

Although there are two drivers, a Synaptics Driver and a Validity Fingerprint Sensor Driver in my program list, the whole fingerprint reader does not work anymore. Does anyone have an idea where to get a new, correct Windows 10 driver or to troubleshoot
    to get Windows Hello back? In my opinion, it is all about convenience of logging in on windows 10 version 1909 2 the fingerprint access does not work anymore... any help pls ? :)

Thank you for your response,

Marco

elmarconi, Jan 20, 2020
Thema:

1. on windows 10 version 1909 2 the fingerprint access does not work anymore... any help pls ? - Similar Threads - version 1909 fingerprint

2. My fingerprint scanner doesn't work anymore. Help me! :

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My fingerprint scanner doesn't work anymore. Help me! :: Hello, I have a Dell Latitude E5570, and the fingerprint scanner has been a dream since I got this as a present from a friend. I just installed a recent update, and now all of a sudden, the fingerprint scanner doesn't work anymore. I tried looking for an update that fixes it,...
  3. My fingerprint scanner doesn't work anymore. Help me! :

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My fingerprint scanner doesn't work anymore. Help me! :: Hello, I have a Dell Latitude E5570, and the fingerprint scanner has been a dream since I got this as a present from a friend. I just installed a recent update, and now all of a sudden, the fingerprint scanner doesn't work anymore. I tried looking for an update that fixes it,...
  4. My fingerprint scanner doesn't work anymore. Help me! :

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. fingerprint issues...help anyone pls

fingerprint issues...help anyone pls: my laptop fingerprint is not working dont know why https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-issueshelp-anyone-pls/f1c196c5-c23c-48e8-b559-34d1685bdc4a
  6. Windows is not starting anymore pls help :/

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows is not starting anymore pls help :/: submitted by /u/OnurGokalp [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/khg5jb/windows_is_not_starting_anymore_pls_help/
  7. Does Windows 10 version 1909

Does Windows 10 version 1909: Is Creative WebCam Live Pro supported? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-windows-10-version-1909/4f99aff8-110b-484b-807d-aef740e02d0b
  8. Windows version 1909 Qualcom Aetheros AR3001 Bluetooth Not Working Will you pls help me

Windows version 1909 Qualcom Aetheros AR3001 Bluetooth Not Working Will you pls help me: Hello Sir, I have hp probook 4430s i have win 10 pro The bluetooth device driver is not working "Qualcomm Atheros AR3011 Bluetooth 3.0 Adapter. [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  9. With version 1909 , touchpad is not working, desktop is not accessible

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    With version 1909 , touchpad is not working, desktop is not accessible: after updating to windows 10 - 1909 version , my touchpad driver has been removed, not able to reinstall the driver . Desktop has been removed, instead an inconvinent timeline feature has come. my laptops hangs in between many a times. worst OS ever....
  10. Windows hello fingerprint not working anymore

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows hello fingerprint not working anymore: i have had my laptop since july 2018 and the fingerprint scanner worked fine. About a week ago i factory reset it and suddenly it stopped working to log me in. I went into log in settings and it said that my computer doesnt support windows hello. But i know it does because it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 1909 fingerprint problems

2. windows 1909 fingerprint

3. fingerprint access does not work

4. fingerprint issues with 1909