Windows 10: On Windows 10 will stopping a system restore in the middle of it Corrupt the Registry

Discus and support On Windows 10 will stopping a system restore in the middle of it Corrupt the Registry in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My parents have a new Lenovo Desk top pc. They called an online (no offense) Geek. He created a restore point and proceeded to restore the pc. Somebody... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ElmerFudd1, Dec 7, 2018.

1. On Windows 10 will stopping a system restore in the middle of it Corrupt the Registry

My parents have a new Lenovo Desk top pc. They called an online (no offense) Geek. He created a restore point and proceeded to restore the pc. Somebody became impatient and stopped it 1 hour into it. the computer lost apps including the app for the Microsoft Store. So I cant even get knew apps. If I Reset windows 10 will restore the programs including the apps.

PS I have done command prompt scans and didn't help.

Thank You John N

:)

ElmerFudd1, Dec 7, 2018
  2. JoanL. Win User

windows 10 will system restore fix a corrupt registry

windows 10 will system restore fix a corrupt registry

JoanL., Dec 7, 2018
  3. Corrupted registry

Hi,

Your concern occurs due to some corruption on your system files. We suggest that you try the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Perform System File Checker (sfc) scan.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. To perform this, follow the steps on this link.
    Steps mentioned on the link for Windows 8 and 8.1, will work fine with Windows 10.

Method 2: Run DISM commands.

Follow the steps below on how to run the DISM commands:

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Command prompt (Admin) to open Administrator Command Prompt .

• In the Command Prompt, type the following commands. Press the Enter key after each command.

dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth

dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Justin Emb, Dec 7, 2018
  4. On Windows 10 will stopping a system restore in the middle of it Corrupt the Registry

How to restore registry values?

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

You can perform system restore and check if it helps:

Perform System restore.

I suggest you to perform system restore and select a date prior to the changes which was done with the registry values and check if the issue gets fixed.

To perform System restore:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      System.
    • In the left pane, click on System Protection.
    • Select the option to system restore
      > next. It will show all restore points already created.
    • Select the date prior to the date on which you have made the registry changes.
    Registry disclaimer

To do so: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these
    steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article
    in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/ )

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Try the above step and let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

On Windows 10 will stopping a system restore in the middle of it Corrupt the Registry

1. On Windows 10 will stopping a system restore in the middle of it Corrupt the Registry - Similar Threads - stopping system restore

2. System Restore Stuck Restoring Registry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore Stuck Restoring Registry: HelloSo I posted another thread about Word suddenly disappearing from my laptop and got a helpful solution. Unfortunately, before getting this I had embarked on a System Restore. Have done them before and they've been relatively painless but the process is currently in its...
  3. System Restore Stuck Restoring Registry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Restore Stuck Restoring Registry: HelloSo I posted another thread about Word suddenly disappearing from my laptop and got a helpful solution. Unfortunately, before getting this I had embarked on a System Restore. Have done them before and they've been relatively painless but the process is currently in its...
  4. System Restore Restoring Registry Stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore Restoring Registry Stuck: HelloSo I posted another thread about Word suddenly disappearing from my laptop and got a helpful solution. Unfortunately, before getting this I had embarked on a System Restore. Have done them before and they've been relatively painless but the process is currently in its...
  5. System Restore Restoring Registry Stuck

System Restore Restoring Registry Stuck: HelloSo I posted another thread about Word suddenly disappearing from my laptop and got a helpful solution. Unfortunately, before getting this I had embarked on a System Restore. Have done them before and they've been relatively painless but the process is currently in its...
  6. System Restore Stuck on Restoring Registry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore Stuck on Restoring Registry: I did a system restore yesterday. It said it failed since an antivirus may be running, so I disabled my Avira Antivirus and I started the system restore again today.It has been stuck on "System Restore is Restoring the Registry" for the last 5 hours+. I have actually reset my...
  7. System Restore Stuck on Restoring Registry

System Restore Stuck on Restoring Registry: I did a system restore yesterday. It said it failed since an antivirus may be running, so I disabled my Avira Antivirus and I started the system restore again today.It has been stuck on "System Restore is Restoring the Registry" for the last 5 hours+. I have actually reset my...
  8. System Restore Stuck on Restoring Registry

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Restoring system registries

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Restoring system registries: Hello, To make my windows recognise my DVD drive, I have gone to the following support link https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/314060/your-cd-or-dvd-drive-is-not-recognized-by-windows-or-other-programs I followed every method until method4... After that, i followed...
  10. corrupted system restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    corrupted system restore: Yes, I've read the responses to this question here already, they were no help. problem: system restore freezes while restoring files and settings Why can't there be a place to go to download a new restore file? Any other suggestions?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. stopping a system restore windows 10

2. stopping system restore

3. stopping in the middle of a system restore