Windows 10: Onboard Audio does not work

Discus and support Onboard Audio does not work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I've just started having this issue since I did a fresh install of Windows 10, it seems like the onboard audio doesn't work, the rear audio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by partians, Mar 8, 2016.

1. partians Win User

Onboard Audio does not work

Hello,
    I've just started having this issue since I did a fresh install of Windows 10,
    it seems like the onboard audio doesn't work, the rear audio jacks don't work and nor do the front,
    no matter what headphones I use, still no luck, all my drivers are upto date and the Audio is enabled on the BIOS settings, my motherboard is the GIGABYTE H61M-DS2 andI have ran out of ideas of what the issue can be.

Any suggestions or assistance is appreciated,

Onboard Audio does not work [​IMG]

(Note: the G246HL-4 is one of my monitors that is through HDMI, there is no speakers on the monitor)

:)

partians, Mar 8, 2016
  2. JimWynne Win User

Realtech sound system,is it the default for Windows10?

You've tried what three times? If you're using onboard audio, chances are it's Realtek. If you have a separate audio card, you can use it or the onboard audio.

JimWynne, Mar 8, 2016
  3. Creators Update DTS / Dolby Digital Live Problem

Well if your Onboard Audio is made by Realtek it should. I could not see any audio devices (neither in the devicemanager nor the playback devices tab). Now I can see the internal SPDIF connector as an availiable audio device, altough i cant confirm that it
    actually works as I dont use that connector. But its available.

ConstantinFürst, Mar 8, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

It looks to me as if your audio is routed by default through the HDMI output which is associated with your monitor. The monitor probably has a jack plug socket and that is where the audio will be coming from. If you want the audio to be from the desktop you need to change your default device to one of the others e.g. Speakers.

philc43, Mar 8, 2016
  5. partians Win User
    Thanks for the response Phil,
    unfortunately it gives me no option selection to enable it, when I do the troubleshooter it claims that no audio jack has been inserted, when they are.

Onboard Audio does not work [​IMG]

partians, Mar 8, 2016
  6. philc43 Win User
    Have you tried updating the drivers for your sound system via Device Manager?

philc43, Mar 8, 2016
  7. partians Win User
    Yeah, still no luck.

partians, Mar 8, 2016
  8. philc43 Win User

Do you get sound from the audio output on the monitor when connected as shown in your first post?

philc43, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Onboard Audio does not work - Similar Threads - Onboard Audio does

2. Computer does not recognize onboard audio at all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer does not recognize onboard audio at all: Hi everyone,Foremost, I do not use headphones that much aside from gaming and I didn't game in the last months so the one thing I do not know is when, precisely, this problem started.I'm sure that until I had Windows 10 installed I could switch between HDMI Nvidia audio and...
  3. Computer does not recognize onboard audio at all

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer does not recognize onboard audio at all: Hi everyone,Foremost, I do not use headphones that much aside from gaming and I didn't game in the last months so the one thing I do not know is when, precisely, this problem started.I'm sure that until I had Windows 10 installed I could switch between HDMI Nvidia audio and...
  4. HD Audio Controller for OnBoard sound not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HD Audio Controller for OnBoard sound not working: Hello, I would like to ask you, I have recently done clean install of Windows 7 on my computer. But later, when I installed all drivers and BIOS updates available for my NUC, I discovered, that my on board sound card is not recognizable and sound only goes trough my HDMI...
  5. HD Audio Controller for OnBoard sound not working

HD Audio Controller for OnBoard sound not working: Hello, I would like to ask you, I have recently done clean install of Windows 7 on my computer. But later, when I installed all drivers and BIOS updates available for my NUC, I discovered, that my on board sound card is not recognizable and sound only goes trough my HDMI...
  6. HD Audio Controller for OnBoard sound not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HD Audio Controller for OnBoard sound not working: Hello,I would like to ask you, I have recently done clean install of Windows 7 on my computer. But later, when I installed all drivers and BIOS updates available for my NUC, I discovered, that my on board sound card is not recognizable and sound only goes trough my HDMI...
  7. HD Audio Controller for OnBoard sound not working

HD Audio Controller for OnBoard sound not working: Hello,I would like to ask you, I have recently done clean install of Windows 7 on my computer. But later, when I installed all drivers and BIOS updates available for my NUC, I discovered, that my on board sound card is not recognizable and sound only goes trough my HDMI...
  8. Onboard Audio issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Onboard Audio issues: Hi there, I just purchased an asrock z170 extreme4 and I am having issues with getting the onboard audio working. My setup isn't detecting the sound card in device manager and I can't figure out why. The only audio device coming up is that of my graphics card. I'll try...
  9. Need audio driver for VIA VT1708S onboard audio.

Need audio driver for VIA VT1708S onboard audio.: My ASUS M4N68T-M V2 has a VIA VT1708S onboard audio. The driver I have that worked in Windows 8.1 v10_1200a won't work in 10. Windows doesn't even see the onboard video so it doesn't even look for a driver. It doesn't show up in device manager. In Windows 8.1 I could manually...
  10. Realtek HD Audio onboard audio not displaying at all

Realtek HD Audio onboard audio not displaying at all: Hello! After upgrading to windows 10 I was going through my Audio settings, I had noticed that the HD Audio from my motherboard both front and rear jacks are not displayed at all in the device manager nor the audio tab in control panel - it's as if they dont exist. I...