Windows 10: Onboard Audio issues

Discus and support Onboard Audio issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there, I just purchased an asrock z170 extreme4 and I am having issues with getting the onboard audio working. My setup isn't detecting the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Audi0pr0bz, Feb 19, 2016.

1. Onboard Audio issues

Hi there,

I just purchased an asrock z170 extreme4 and I am having issues with getting the onboard audio working.
    My setup isn't detecting the sound card in device manager and I can't figure out why. The only audio device coming up is that of my graphics card.

I'll try and list what I've done to try to fix this issue:
    -Made sure that the BIOS setting for the onboard was set to Enabled
    -Fresh windows 10 install with all the newest drivers from asrock.com
    -I've tried unplugging the front audio connector on the motherboard to see if there's a conflict
    -Uninstalled realtek driver and downloaded and installed the newest ones from the website
    -Searched the internet for hours for a solution and cried a little
    -Reinstalled windows 10 and repeated the process and now I'm here

If anyone could kindly give me any suggestions I would appreciate it.
    At this rate I'm thinking my board is defective, which would be a shame.

If it will help the specs of my PC are:
    Intel 6500
    Nvidia gtx 970
    8gb ddr4 RAM

:)

Audi0pr0bz, Feb 19, 2016
  2. JimWynne Win User

Realtech sound system,is it the default for Windows10?

You've tried what three times? If you're using onboard audio, chances are it's Realtek. If you have a separate audio card, you can use it or the onboard audio.

JimWynne, Feb 19, 2016
  3. Sound pops and gaps. Mouse lag and stutter after clean Win 10 install for new machine

What type of audio adapter installed?

Is it onboard or discrete audio adapter?

Andre Da Costa, Feb 19, 2016
  4. batlhilz Win User

Onboard Audio issues

youre not running TP, arent you? what does your device manager shows in the audio section?

batlhilz, Feb 20, 2016
  5. No I'm not running TP I'm running threshold 2.
    As for what shows in device manager, it shows: Intel Display Audio and NVIDIA High Definition Audio.
    As I said for the onboard audio, which uses RealTek ALC1150 codecs, it isn't detected at all.
    I booted into Ubuntu to see if it was windows related but in Ubuntu too there's no audio device detected. In the bios I've made sure that the onboard audio is set to Enabled.

Audi0pr0bz, Feb 20, 2016
  6. fireberd Win User
    Sounds like a possible hardware problem. Doublecheck the BIOS to make sure its enabled.

If its enabled and working properly, Windows will detect it and if no driver is installed it will install the generic, basic function, High Definition Audio Device Driver.

As it apparently is not doing that, in most cases (all I've seen) either its a BIOS issue or a hardware problem.

If its enabled in the BIOS, do a CMOS (BIOS) reset either with the BIOS reset switch (if it has it) or by removing the CR2032 CMOS backup battery for AT LEAST 10 MINUTES. If that doesn't enable it, reinstall the Intel motherboard chipset drivers, and if that doesn't do it, I would suspect a hardware problem with the new board. I would contact who you bought it from to see if you can get a replacement, if not contact ASRock. I had a problem with a new ASRock Z77 motherboard and ASRock was good about replacing it.

fireberd, Feb 20, 2016
  7. Thanks for your reply firebird.
    I've done what you've suggested and the problem still persists. I'm almost certain it's hardware related and therefore I'll go to the dealer to get it replaced.

I thought, perhaps, I was missing something and that's why the audio wasn't working. Turns out that unfortunately that's not the case.
    Nevertheless, thanks for your help!

Audi0pr0bz, Feb 21, 2016
  8. Onboard Audio issues

Just to follow up.
    I got the motherboard replaced and there's no problem. It came down to a faulty motherboard.

Thanks again.

Audi0pr0bz, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Onboard Audio issues

1. Onboard Audio issues - Similar Threads - Onboard Audio issues

2. Onboard audio jacks not picking up devices.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onboard audio jacks not picking up devices.: My speakers plugged into my onboard audio jacks are not detected by windows. The only devices detected are my USB headphones and my monitor which has an audio out but nothing is plugged in. I have spent the last two days trying everything from reinstalling drivers to changing...
  3. Onboard audio jacks not picking up devices.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onboard audio jacks not picking up devices.: My speakers plugged into my onboard audio jacks are not detected by windows. The only devices detected are my USB headphones and my monitor which has an audio out but nothing is plugged in. I have spent the last two days trying everything from reinstalling drivers to changing...
  4. Onboard audio jacks not picking up devices.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. HD Audio Controller for OnBoard sound not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HD Audio Controller for OnBoard sound not working: Hello,I would like to ask you, I have recently done clean install of Windows 7 on my computer. But later, when I installed all drivers and BIOS updates available for my NUC, I discovered, that my on board sound card is not recognizable and sound only goes trough my HDMI...
  6. Creative Labs Onboard Audio Issues Windows 10 Version 2004

Creative Labs Onboard Audio Issues Windows 10 Version 2004: I just "upgraded" to version 2004 and lost onboard 5.1 surround audio Recon3Di, 2.0 stereo seems to work sporadically. Looking for solution apart of rolling back to 1909. Tried reinstalling audio drivers, clearing registry, reinstalling windows, etc without luck. NVIDIA HDMI...
  7. GPU Interfere with Sound Card/Onboard Audio

GPU Interfere with Sound Card/Onboard Audio: I'm having this issue with my NVIDIA GT 730 and Acer TC - 704 + LG Flatron W1642S Monitor + CREATIVE INSPIRE 3130 Stereo Speakers; audible noise when the GPU is under load. It seems to be coupled to the refresh rate, i.e. animations, mouse movement. the noise is around 30 to...
  8. Need audio driver for VIA VT1708S onboard audio.

Need audio driver for VIA VT1708S onboard audio.: My ASUS M4N68T-M V2 has a VIA VT1708S onboard audio. The driver I have that worked in Windows 8.1 v10_1200a won't work in 10. Windows doesn't even see the onboard video so it doesn't even look for a driver. It doesn't show up in device manager. In Windows 8.1 I could manually...
  9. Onboard Audio does not work

Onboard Audio does not work: Hello, I've just started having this issue since I did a fresh install of Windows 10, it seems like the onboard audio doesn't work, the rear audio jacks don't work and nor do the front, no matter what headphones I use, still no luck, all my drivers are upto date and the...
  10. Realtek HD Audio onboard audio not displaying at all

Realtek HD Audio onboard audio not displaying at all: Hello! After upgrading to windows 10 I was going through my Audio settings, I had noticed that the HD Audio from my motherboard both front and rear jacks are not displayed at all in the device manager nor the audio tab in control panel - it's as if they dont exist. I...