Windows 10: Onboard audio jacks not picking up devices.

Discus and support Onboard audio jacks not picking up devices. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My speakers plugged into my onboard audio jacks are not detected by windows. The only devices detected are my USB headphones and my monitor which has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ronan Shepherd, Jun 19, 2022.

1. Onboard audio jacks not picking up devices.

My speakers plugged into my onboard audio jacks are not detected by windows. The only devices detected are my USB headphones and my monitor which has an audio out but nothing is plugged in. I have spent the last two days trying everything from reinstalling drivers to changing settings on my BIOS yet nothing has worked. I am currently trying to connect my speakers with an aux cable however it is not being picked up. The speakers are not the problem because if I connect it to my phone it works perfectly fine.Here is my playback devices that are detected. I am not sure what the 5 Digital output

:)

Ronan Shepherd, Jun 19, 2022
  2. HDW101 Win User

Creative Labs Onboard Audio Issues Windows 10 Version 2004

OK, I think I nailed it. Here are steps, but I think it was the last step that finally resolved it.

1. Disable onboard audio in the BIOS
    2. Uninstall all audio drivers from Device manager
    3. Re-enable onboard audio in the BIOS

4. Install EVGA x299 Dark Creative Drivers using Windows Vista Service Pack 2 compatibility mode (the installer, not the driver as #4 suggested).

Thanks for your help!

HDW101, Jun 19, 2022
  3. Does Windows log when you plug in / unplug an audio device from a 3.5mm jack?

When an audio device is plugged/unplugged from the 3.5mm jack, does Windows log that anywhere?

Not by default. You have to write an app to detect plug in/plug out. Note the jack has to support jack-presence detection.

See Device Events - Windows applications | Microsoft Docs for more information and sample code.

You can extend the sample code to log to a file or create a custom user define event in the event log.

Suggestion:

• Add code to use your built in webcam to take a photo of the culprit.

DavidPostill, Jun 19, 2022
  4. Allan Mej Win User

Onboard audio jacks not picking up devices.

audio jack problems

Hi,

Windows allows disabling of a certain port if you want to or if you need to. To disable a headphone or speaker audio jack, kindly follow these steps:

• Right-click the Sound or Volume icon on the lower-left side of your screen.
    • Select Playback devices.
    • Right-click on the playback device that you want to disable and click
      Disable

To disable a microphone jack:

• Right-click the Sound or Volume icon on the lower-left side of your screen.
    • Select Recording devices.
    • Right-click on the recording device that you want to disable and click
      Disable

Also, we recommend taking your PC to a technician for the removal of the audio jack that is stuck so that, you'll be able to use the port again.

Should you have more concerns, feel free to post.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Jun 19, 2022
Thema:

Onboard audio jacks not picking up devices.

1. Onboard audio jacks not picking up devices. - Similar Threads - Onboard audio jacks

2. Headset Microphone not detected when plugged into onboard audio jack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset Microphone not detected when plugged into onboard audio jack: I recently did a completely fresh install of windows on my Acer Nitro 5 AN515-55, and I noticed that Windows does not pick up my Logitech headset microphone when the headset is plugged directly into the on board audio jack. Looking through the device manager and in sound...
  3. Headset Microphone not detected when plugged into onboard audio jack

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset Microphone not detected when plugged into onboard audio jack: I recently did a completely fresh install of windows on my Acer Nitro 5 AN515-55, and I noticed that Windows does not pick up my Logitech headset microphone when the headset is plugged directly into the on board audio jack. Looking through the device manager and in sound...
  4. Front Headphone jack not picking up Microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Front Headphone jack not picking up Microphone: Hello, Today I turned on my HP Pc and my Mic isn't even being detected by Windows, The mic is attached to my headphones and the headphone audio does work, it's just the Microphone that doesn't I plugged it into the back microphone and audio ports using a splitter and now it...
  5. Front Headphone jack not picking up Microphone

Front Headphone jack not picking up Microphone: Hello, Today I turned on my HP Pc and my Mic isn't even being detected by Windows, The mic is attached to my headphones and the headphone audio does work, it's just the Microphone that doesn't I plugged it into the back microphone and audio ports using a splitter and now it...
  6. Front Headphone jack not picking up Microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Onboard audio jacks not picking up devices.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onboard audio jacks not picking up devices.: My speakers plugged into my onboard audio jacks are not detected by windows. The only devices detected are my USB headphones and my monitor which has an audio out but nothing is plugged in. I have spent the last two days trying everything from reinstalling drivers to changing...
  8. Onboard audio jacks not picking up devices.

Onboard audio jacks not picking up devices.: My speakers plugged into my onboard audio jacks are not detected by windows. The only devices detected are my USB headphones and my monitor which has an audio out but nothing is plugged in. I have spent the last two days trying everything from reinstalling drivers to changing...
  9. My Headphone jack will not pick up sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Headphone jack will not pick up sound: I have a Dell XPS tower 8940, The headphones + built-in Microphone works perfectly on another PC The front audio jack is a headset jackAll drivers are up to dateOn WavesMaxx Pro the headset function is selectedIn Sound settings input is selected as Jack Mic RealtekR AudioThe...
  10. No audio devices detected when plugged into the onboard 3.5mm jack after update. (Version...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No audio devices detected when plugged into the onboard 3.5mm jack after update. (Version...: [ATTACH] This situation has me stumped; I attempted many possible fixes, but the issue still persists. At this point I'm concerned that my sound card might be dead. I'll get into detail and describe the error, but first let me list my system specs... ASUS ROG-STRIX B360G...