Windows 10: Onboard Intel I211 works CSM selected in Boot mode select; does not work UEFI - MSI X470...

Discus and support Onboard Intel I211 works CSM selected in Boot mode select; does not work UEFI - MSI X470... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Motherboard: MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon BIOS Level: 7B78v2D OS: Windows 10 PRO, 1903 also 2004 Net Controller: Intel I211 Gigabit Reproducible Error:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TheMonkeyKing, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Onboard Intel I211 works CSM selected in Boot mode select; does not work UEFI - MSI X470...

Motherboard: MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon
    BIOS Level: 7B78v2D
    Net Controller: Intel I211 Gigabit

Reproducible Error:
    1 Enter MSI BIOS Mode
    2 Select CSM from Boot mode select
    3 Log into Windows
    4 Intel I211 driver is working; Properties show Power Management tab
    Status value is: 0180200A, DN_DRIVER_LOADED
    5 Restart
    6 Enter MSI BIOS Mode
    7 Select UEFI
    8 At Windows logon screen, lower right icon of World with General Prohibition Sign tells me no network connection
    9 Intel I211 driver is not working; no Power Mgmt tab
    Status Value is 01802400, DN_HAS_PROBLEM

I need to use UEFI instead of CSM.

I posted this error on the Intel forum and they want to pass the error back to you. See:Intel Forum

Working - See Power Mgmt tab

Onboard Intel I211 works CSM selected in Boot mode select; does not work UEFI - MSI X470... 4e5d53de-857d-442c-b9cd-4f62a66c4d87?upload=true.png

Not Working - No Power Mgmt tab

Onboard Intel I211 works CSM selected in Boot mode select; does not work UEFI - MSI X470... ef1ca55f-985b-4831-b79b-c7ba9815440a?upload=true.png

I can send SSU files of both working and non-working instances if you want them.

Thank you for your time.

:)

TheMonkeyKing, Jun 2, 2020
  2. A_Mie Win User

The update KB4524147 disables my Intel I211 onboard LAN. Is there a workaround or fix?

After the installation of update KB4524147 in Windows 10 Education, my Intel I211 onboard LAN just won't work anymore. I tried to manually install the driver for it, but that won't do anything. Only after uninstalling the update, the LAN card works again.
    Had this two times already, because the update will automatically install itself again after a while. Is there any fix to this out there?

A_Mie, Jun 2, 2020
  3. gupsterg Win User
    UEFI vs Legacy boot mode

Switching to UEFI bios on GPU does not enable UEFI mode if motherboard is set CSM = On. Setting CSM = Off in my experience causes Windows 7 issues, even if installed as UEFI mode with GPT partition on storage device.

gupsterg, Jun 2, 2020
  4. fdegrove Win User

Onboard Intel I211 works CSM selected in Boot mode select; does not work UEFI - MSI X470...

Can Not Install W10 in UEFI Mode

Hi,

For as long as CSM is enabled Windows will install in legacy/bios mode. There is no such thing as a UEFI command really unless you're actually coding it.

Step 1: Enter bios and disable CSM

Step 2: Insert the install DVD

Step 3: save changes in bios and reset.

Step 4: toggle the key to invoke the bootmenu. (F8?) and select booting from dvd/bd whatever it is.

Windows setup should now launch. When arrived at the point to select a clean install select that and delete all partitions except you data partition(s) if any.
    Windows will then continue to create all system partition for you. If it complains the partitions may not be in the preferred order, ignore it and continue.

Let it finish et voila, you now should have a UEFI installed system.

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Jun 2, 2020
Thema:

Onboard Intel I211 works CSM selected in Boot mode select; does not work UEFI - MSI X470...

1. Onboard Intel I211 works CSM selected in Boot mode select; does not work UEFI - MSI X470... - Similar Threads - Onboard Intel I211

2. Selecting a boot drive in BIOS doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Selecting a boot drive in BIOS doesn't work.: I recently got a new laptop that has an m.2 SSD with Window 11 inside of it. It was only 256 GB so I decided to remove the SSD from my old computer and use it as a 2nd storage devicehas Windows 10 for the laptop. I installed the 2nd SSD into my laptop and formatted it. For...
  3. Select apps not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Select apps not working: I am unable to update my computer, view my photos or upload them from camera, and unable to launch shop. Seems to have coincided with updating my 365. Anyone able to help?...
  4. “Reboot and select a proper boot device” after trying to boot in uefi mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    “Reboot and select a proper boot device” after trying to boot in uefi mode: I did a clean windows install on my laptop and I tried to change the boot option from legacy to uefi, but every time i do that I get a message saying “Reboot and select a proper boot device”, I checked and the boot order is correct. How can I fix this problem?. submitted by...
  5. Ctrl + select not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ctrl + select not working: When i try to select non contiguous text on chrome, pdf or other apps by holding ctrl and selecting text with left click it unselects my previous selection when i move onto the next i wish to select. The same technique works in word or file explorer though. Ctrl + A still...
  6. Please select boot device – UEFI Boot Sources

in Windows 10 News
    Please select boot device – UEFI Boot Sources: [ATTACH]If you see the following screen when you start your Windows 10 computer, then this post will be able to help you. The screen is […] This article Please select boot device – UEFI Boot Sources first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. No GUI Boot selected but not working - 18362.10005

in Windows 10 Support
    No GUI Boot selected but not working - 18362.10005: Machine with 18362.10005 When trying to boot without splash screen with any of these methods No GUI Boot does not work. msconfig - Boot tab - No GUI boot checked Clean Boot also with No GUI boot checked Cmd - elevated bcdedit /set “{current}” bootmenupolicy legacy It's...
  8. [Single click mode] Point to select does not select a file.

in Windows 10 Customization
    [Single click mode] Point to select does not select a file.: Hello all, I need help with the way my mouse behaves :) On my previous PC I used to use single click mode, where pointing a file selects it. On my currect PC this doen't work. I chose single click mode, and when I click on a file once it opens as expected, but it NEVER...
  9. Msi x470 gaming pro carbon - audio jacks not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Msi x470 gaming pro carbon - audio jacks not working: Msi x470 gaming pro carbon - audio jacks not working I updated drivers, uninstalled them, troubleshooter is of no use. sound options says nothing is plugged in, yet the side popup asks if I want to switch... and Realtek manager shows blank 126934
  10. Onboard Audio does not work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Onboard Audio does not work: Hello, I've just started having this issue since I did a fresh install of Windows 10, it seems like the onboard audio doesn't work, the rear audio jacks don't work and nor do the front, no matter what headphones I use, still no luck, all my drivers are upto date and the...