Windows 10: onboard microphone?

Discus and support onboard microphone? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Does my surface 2 have an onboard microphone and if so how do I enable it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LesterHandley, Apr 15, 2020.

1. onboard microphone?

Does my surface 2 have an onboard microphone and if so how do I enable it?

:)

LesterHandley, Apr 15, 2020

2. onboard microphone?

Does my surface 2 have an onboard microphone and if so how do I enable it?

LesterHandley, Apr 16, 2020
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    onboard mic not detected by windows

Hi,

There are a lot of possible causes why this matter occurred. To isolate the issue, we have some questions for you:

• When did this issue start?

• Were there any changes made before the issue occurred?

• Does the on-board
      microphone work before?

• Have you tried updating your driver?

• What other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We suggest that you run the
    Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter
    and check if there's any changes. To run the
    Troubleshooter, kindly follow these steps:

• On the search bar,
      type Troubleshooting
      and hit
      Enter.

• Choose
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on
      Hardware and Devices
      to run the
      Troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Apr 16, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

onboard microphone?

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Apr 16, 2020
Thema:

onboard microphone?

1. onboard microphone? - Similar Threads - onboard microphone

2. something is wrong with my computer monitor or onboard video card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    something is wrong with my computer monitor or onboard video card: Hello I updated my Dell Optiplex 790 and now I can't get my computer or monitor to talk. And I just bought a HDMI cables two display port adapters and even tried swapping out a harddrive and reinstall windows nothing is working. I know the tower is working because it lights...
  3. something is wrong with my computer monitor or onboard video card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    something is wrong with my computer monitor or onboard video card: Hello I updated my Dell Optiplex 790 and now I can't get my computer or monitor to talk. And I just bought a HDMI cables two display port adapters and even tried swapping out a harddrive and reinstall windows nothing is working. I know the tower is working because it lights...
  4. Headset Microphone not detected when plugged into onboard audio jack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset Microphone not detected when plugged into onboard audio jack: I recently did a completely fresh install of windows on my Acer Nitro 5 AN515-55, and I noticed that Windows does not pick up my Logitech headset microphone when the headset is plugged directly into the on board audio jack. Looking through the device manager and in sound...
  5. Headset Microphone not detected when plugged into onboard audio jack

Headset Microphone not detected when plugged into onboard audio jack: I recently did a completely fresh install of windows on my Acer Nitro 5 AN515-55, and I noticed that Windows does not pick up my Logitech headset microphone when the headset is plugged directly into the on board audio jack. Looking through the device manager and in sound...
  6. HP Envy 17 Laptop Cannot Use Onboard Microphone in Any Apps, Only Edge.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Envy 17 Laptop Cannot Use Onboard Microphone in Any Apps, Only Edge.: We are managing an HP Envy 17 laptop for a client. All has been going well until a Windows update some time in August. I'm unable to rollback as we're not entirely sure which update caused this issue.The issue is that the onboard microphone will not work with third party...
  7. HP Envy 17 Laptop Cannot Use Onboard Microphone in Any Apps, Only Edge.

HP Envy 17 Laptop Cannot Use Onboard Microphone in Any Apps, Only Edge.: We are managing an HP Envy 17 laptop for a client. All has been going well until a Windows update some time in August. I'm unable to rollback as we're not entirely sure which update caused this issue.The issue is that the onboard microphone will not work with third party...
  8. Word stopped recognizing my onboard microphone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Word stopped recognizing my onboard microphone: On 5/14/21 I used the dictation feature in Microsoft word and used the default laptop onboard microphone. I tried to use it again recently and I get an error message stating " Oops There was a problem with dictation. There is a problem with your microphone. Office can not...
  9. onboard microphone indicating 25% max when tested and problems being heard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    onboard microphone indicating 25% max when tested and problems being heard: Hi I've had a search but can not find a relevant answer. My onboard microphone isn't working correctly and when tested is indicating a maximum 25% volume. Any ideas please or is it hardware. This is a replacement laptop HP as previous one speakers wouldn't work. TIA...
  10. Onboard built-in microphone is only inputting loud static

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Onboard built-in microphone is only inputting loud static: I just tried to do a Discord call with my friend but they informed me they couldn't hear me over static, we both restarted Discord, our computers, etc. I switched over to Discord on my phone and they said it was gone. Here's what I've done >I've plugged in my USB Mic, no...