Windows 10: Onboard NIC stopped working, but new USB Wifi adapter is working

Discus and support Onboard NIC stopped working, but new USB Wifi adapter is working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently upgraded to Windows 10, the network card was working great. After a reboot, or from sleep mode it would wake up and reconnect. One day... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TacoJacksonIsHere, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Onboard NIC stopped working, but new USB Wifi adapter is working

I recently upgraded to Windows 10, the network card was working great. After a reboot, or from sleep mode it would wake up and reconnect. One day after waking up from sleep mode it would not recognize a network. Ive done, ipconfig /flushdns, /release/renew, reinstalled the driver and disabled/reenabled the network card, changed network cables, direct connection to the router without it connecting. I have a mobile phone connected to the router and another wifi router connected without a problem. I connected a USB Wifi adapter in and works again but the network card still not connecting. Any suggestions?

:)

TacoJacksonIsHere, Feb 10, 2020

2. Random Mac for Onboard NIC

Hi

Does random mac feature applied to a laptop onboard NIC besides WiFi connection?

Reason I asked is that I already have this feature disabled for WiFi connection and I'm using onboard NIC, however I noticed from my DHCP leases, the mac shown from the connection is always different, it is not showing the physical mac for the onboard NIC.

-Thanks

Garrettteo, Feb 10, 2020
  3. jsfitz54 Win User
    Wifi stops working when using ethernet

It sounds like the two adapters on the desktop are both active, try shutting off/disable the wireless and enabling the nic adapter.

Yes, I know this has nothing to do with the router.

Are you using mac restrictions on the router...try adding the nic mac address if not on list.

jsfitz54, Feb 10, 2020
  4. tkpenalty Win User

Onboard NIC stopped working, but new USB Wifi adapter is working

ethernet adapter stopped working?

Err he meant the intergrated Gigabit NIC Died. TRT, do you ever completely switch off your PC? (Including PSU power), try that... even though it seems like a pretty lame solution. If that doesn't work, RMA!

tkpenalty, Feb 10, 2020
Thema:

Onboard NIC stopped working, but new USB Wifi adapter is working

1. Onboard NIC stopped working, but new USB Wifi adapter is working - Similar Threads - Onboard NIC stopped

2. Wifi adapter stops working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi adapter stops working: Hi,I have an MSI P75 9SF laptop and I've been experiencing some wifi issues for the past 3 months. It stops working at random. I, for example, was working on my laptop all day without a problem, after a long break I decided to turn it on again and lifted it with one hand and...
  3. USB wifi adapter is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB wifi adapter is not working: Hi, I recently purchased a USB wifi adapter. However, I'm having some issues with it, after installation I received an error message "Access violation at address 100417cf in module RaWLAPI.dll" The wifi networks are not showing. I tried restarting and using diffrent port but...
  4. USB wifi adapter is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB wifi adapter is not working: Hi, I recently purchased a USB wifi adapter. However, I'm having some issues with it, after installation I received an error message "Access violation at address 100417cf in module RaWLAPI.dll" The wifi networks are not showing. I tried restarting and using diffrent port but...
  5. USB wifi adapter is not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. USB wifi adapter not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB wifi adapter not working: Hi everyoneI've recently bought a USB wifi dongle but i haven't been able to use it yet. I connect the USB to my pc and then install the driver but when the installation finishes this error occurs: "Access violation at address 100417CF in module 'RaWLAPI.dll'" and I can't see...
  7. USB wifi adapter not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB wifi adapter not working: Hi everyoneI've recently bought a USB wifi dongle but i haven't been able to use it yet. I connect the USB to my pc and then install the driver but when the installation finishes this error occurs: "Access violation at address 100417CF in module 'RaWLAPI.dll'" and I can't see...
  8. USB wifi adapter not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Wifi adapter stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi adapter stopped working: Today, my wifi adapter stopped working.Error messages:IntelR Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz : A required parameter is missing from the registry.IntelR Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz : Has determined that the network adapter is not functioning...
  10. Wifi adapter stopped working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi adapter stopped working: Today, my wifi adapter stopped working.Error messages:IntelR Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz : A required parameter is missing from the registry.IntelR Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz : Has determined that the network adapter is not functioning...