Windows 10: onboard realtek sd card reader not working

Discus and support onboard realtek sd card reader not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have Toshiba satellite laptop that I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 and Realtek onboard sd card reader will not work, what do I do?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CharlesBoyd2, Sep 19, 2018.

1. onboard realtek sd card reader not working

I have Toshiba satellite laptop that I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 and Realtek onboard sd card reader will not work, what do I do?

:)

CharlesBoyd2, Sep 19, 2018
  2. Eric Ber Win User

SD Card reader not working.

Hi,

There are several reasons why your SD card reader is not working. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What are the other troubleshooting steps have you done so for?
    • Have you tried to use another SD card reader and see if it is getting recognized or detected by your computer?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Sep 19, 2018
  3. Boot from SD card Reader?

It likely depends on what the BIOS thinks the device is? If it shows up like a USB thumb drive it should work. If it requires drivers to even be detected it won't.
    I know I wish I could boot from the built in SD Card reader in my laptop but the BIOS does not even see it. It's not listed as a boot option even with a bootable SD card in it.

alphanumeric, Sep 19, 2018
  4. Pavan_N Win User

onboard realtek sd card reader not working

Realtek Card Reader not working since Windows 10 upgrade

Hi Jen,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Does Device Manager recognizes Realtek card reader?
    • Do you get any error message?

Follow the steps below and check.

Run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with the Bluetooth adapter. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

• Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.

Also install all pending updates in your computer. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Do let us know if you are able to access Realtek card reader. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Sep 19, 2018
Thema:

onboard realtek sd card reader not working

1. onboard realtek sd card reader not working - Similar Threads - onboard realtek card

2. SD Card reader

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SD Card reader: I have an external sd card reader and it wont work on my pc. It works on my laptop and other stuff but it only doesnt work on this pc. It only recognizes the sd card reader as USB3.0 Card Reader but it wont read the sd card at all. I even tried buying and using another sd...
  3. sd card reader

sd card reader: Hi, I have been running a lenovo Z70-80 with a partitioned hard drive with a windows 7 \ linux dual boot setup. It all worked fine until I upgraded to windows 10. After I updated all the drivers everything worked well except the sd card reader. This will keep disconnecting or...
  4. SD card/SD card reader no longer working

SD card/SD card reader no longer working: Hi. New to this so not sure of category. I have a Lenovo G70. Windows 10, 64bit My SD card reader has stopped working. In Device Manager, the SD card is not listed. I can't format the card as it is not listed. I cannot locate the card at all as it is not listed anywhere. I've...
  5. SD Card Reader

SD Card Reader: Hi Every SD card I plug in to my PC says it is Write Protected. I have tried everything I can find on internet to fix this but to no avail. Can anyone help please? 146468
  6. SD Card Reader

SD Card Reader: I have Windows 10 and my SD card reader is not recognized. I have tried everything on the earlier post and none have worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-reader/d927df68-eac3-4356-8c18-4cd339419e75
  7. sd card reader

sd card reader: My sd card reader isn't working .How can I get it back on ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-reader/a9ecbe8c-3206-454a-960a-8b6f6ce13e12
  8. SD Card Reader not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    SD Card Reader not working: My PC doesn't recognize my SD card https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-reader-not-working/6a47076e-3cbc-4d69-85bf-53aeedfc23bf
  9. SD-card reader not working

SD-card reader not working: Hi I am having trouble accessing my SD card it work fine with another similar laptop, mine just keeps telling em to format the drive, and when i try to format it says it is not able to format it. Alex...
  10. realtek sd card reader code 48

realtek sd card reader code 48: I have an HP Laptop with a Realtek PCIE Card reader. It stopped working after the Win 10 anniversary upgrade. It has the following device status on Device Manager; The software for this device has been blocked from starting because it is known to have a problem with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. realtek card reader not working

2. realtek sd reader

3. Toshiba laptop doesn.t recognize onboard shdc card reader