Windows 10: Once again, a windows 10 update which destroyed the PC config

Discus and support Once again, a windows 10 update which destroyed the PC config in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Two days ago, I had to update to Windows 10 Pro OS build 19041.508 on one of my Pcs. Since that time, when another PC from the local network try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Michel_3214, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Once again, a windows 10 update which destroyed the PC config

Two days ago, I had to update to Windows 10 Pro OS build 19041.508 on one of my Pcs. Since that time, when another PC from the local network try to connect to the updated PC, he receives the message "The local device name is already in use." ????

So, on one of the networked PC, I removed the share with Regedit and tried to create another one. At that time, I received a message "Enter network credentials". I never create credentials nor password on that local network. So I cannot create new shares.

What to do???

In the future, could you installed fully tested update to solve bug and not to create problems that exist before.

:)

Michel_3214, Sep 30, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 30, 2020
  3. yountmg Win User
    Cumulative Update KB4338819 Windows 10 v1803 Build 17134.165 - July 10

This update totally destroyed me, which was not totally unexpected.

I have noticed that update issues are fairly common occurrences.

Microsoft must have a site that lists step by step actions that they want you to take when Windows 10 Updates and trashes a system?

Does such a site exist? Where do I go to get help?

Recovering Windows 10 After an Update

Step 1:
    sfc /scannow

Step 2:
    Dism

Step 3:
    etc.. Uninstall Video Drivers and reinstall

yountmg, Sep 30, 2020
  4. Once again, a windows 10 update which destroyed the PC config

Windows 10 update: Destroyed my PC

I updated Windows 10 on my PC today. I tried to postpone this update but the system messages persuaded me... And after that my PC have been unavailable...

It needs 10 minutes to boot and after logging in I receive a message: C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop is unavailable

By clicking OK a series of "bad warning red messages" happen and my PC is frozen.

Safe mode boot is not working... I am waiting 20 minutes to boot...

Thanks Microsoft for destroying my PC and forced me to loose my time.

I need my PC for my job and unfortunately I will loose my time this Monday!

Is there anyone that can help with this MS inconvenience?

Thanks in advance

SotirisGayialis, Sep 30, 2020
Thema:

Once again, a windows 10 update which destroyed the PC config

1. Once again, a windows 10 update which destroyed the PC config - Similar Threads - Once again update

2. Why did Msoft destroy Photos once again?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did Msoft destroy Photos once again?: First they removed a serviceable red eye tool, and now spot fix, just when it was basically perfect. There is a new tool, but it's a batch processor with a wait for processing. That means you can't do too much work at once, because if one area doesn't come out right you have...
  3. Why did Msoft destroy Photos once again?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why did Msoft destroy Photos once again?: First they removed a serviceable red eye tool, and now spot fix, just when it was basically perfect. There is a new tool, but it's a batch processor with a wait for processing. That means you can't do too much work at once, because if one area doesn't come out right you have...
  4. Once again update breaks pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Once again update breaks pc: Can we stop forcing untested updates on people yet?Who needs to here this, I'll email them?Every time it breaks, I have a standard unmodified registry I don't understand how this can happen.I will not buy a single MS product until this stops happening!...
  5. Once again update breaks pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Once again update breaks pc: Can we stop forcing untested updates on people yet?Who needs to here this, I'll email them?Every time it breaks, I have a standard unmodified registry I don't understand how this can happen.I will not buy a single MS product until this stops happening!...
  6. Once again update breaks pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows Update has once again ruined my PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Update has once again ruined my PC: So Windows FORCED me to update my machine against my will this morning, despite Windows update being COMPLETELY TURNED OFF due to multiple past critical failures with Windows update for the last year and a half. Immediately upon reloading into Windows the user sign-in...
  8. microsoft destroys again

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    microsoft destroys again: I have had contact with every edition of software going back to dos. what are you guys godzilla? do you find it funny to crash crush and generally break **** like my children use to do? I get sucked into every new edition because you know longer update the previous version....
  9. Windows 10 update: Destroyed my PC

Windows 10 update: Destroyed my PC: I updated Windows 10 on my PC today. I tried to postpone this update but the system messages persuaded me... And after that my PC have been unavailable... It needs 10 minutes to boot and after logging in I receive a message: C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop...
  10. How can I prevent a Windows 10 updates from destroying my computer again, again, again?

How can I prevent a Windows 10 updates from destroying my computer again, again, again?: Everytime I get a new computer it's amazing, runs fast, no lagging, everything is perfect and Life is GREAT! Then.... Windows does an update, which is understandable, pc running and booting a little slower, then another update....running and booting a little slower again. I...