Windows 10: Once again, editing files on my Windows 10 PC will change the Created On date. What is...

Discus and support Once again, editing files on my Windows 10 PC will change the Created On date. What is... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; With some Googline I found this was a reported issue a few years ago, but I am still experiencing it. As far as I can tell, it is a new issue, though I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DoctorSteve, Aug 4, 2022.

1. Once again, editing files on my Windows 10 PC will change the Created On date. What is...

With some Googline I found this was a reported issue a few years ago, but I am still experiencing it. As far as I can tell, it is a new issue, though I have experienced it in the past.

But why does this keep happening? Should I dare try Windows 11 to fix the issue? I am extremely frustrated by this.

submitted by /u/DoctorSteve
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DoctorSteve, Aug 4, 2022
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 4, 2022
  3. pintree3 Win User
    How2 CHange dates of a file--suggested software not good enough

I used SKTimeStamp to change the dates of a file. However, I noticed it could only change 3 dates:
    Date Created
    Last Modified
    Last Accessed
    A search for such a utility often suggests "BulkFileChanger (BFC)" which seems to do the exact same thing: only these 3 dates.
    However, if I right click on a file, for example a Word file, there 2 other dates listed:
    Content Created
    Date last Saved

Hence the above two utilities are not good enough. Is there a utility (or way) out there to change all dates including the last 2 mentioned?

Thanks in advance.

pintree3, Aug 4, 2022
  4. Arun B J Win User

Once again, editing files on my Windows 10 PC will change the Created On date. What is...

After editing file changes aren't saved.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Which account are you using? Is it Administrator account or standard account?
    I suggest you to login with Admin Account and create a new user account and try to edit the files.

Refer the link below to add an account to the PC.

Add or remove accounts on your PC

If you don’t have admin account follow the steps below and check if it helps

You can Enable the built in Administrator account in Windows 10, then create a local account.

I suggest you to refer the steps below and check if it helps

• Press Windows+ X, select
      Command Prompt
      , and then click Run as Administrator.

• When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.

• At the command prompt, type net user administrator /active: yes, and then press Enter.

• Type net user administrator
      <Password>
      , and then press Enter.

Note In this command, <Password> represents the actual password that you want to set for the administrator account.

• Type exit, and then press Enter.

• Log off the current user account. And login and check the are you able to edit the files.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Aug 4, 2022
Thema:

Once again, editing files on my Windows 10 PC will change the Created On date. What is...

1. Once again, editing files on my Windows 10 PC will change the Created On date. What is... - Similar Threads - Once again editing

2. Once again update breaks pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Once again update breaks pc: Can we stop forcing untested updates on people yet?Who needs to here this, I'll email them?Every time it breaks, I have a standard unmodified registry I don't understand how this can happen.I will not buy a single MS product until this stops happening!...
  3. Once again update breaks pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Once again update breaks pc: Can we stop forcing untested updates on people yet?Who needs to here this, I'll email them?Every time it breaks, I have a standard unmodified registry I don't understand how this can happen.I will not buy a single MS product until this stops happening!...
  4. Once again update breaks pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. What different on Date / Date Modified / Date Create in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What different on Date / Date Modified / Date Create in Windows 11: Hi, I am confused by Windows Files Explorer. What is "Date" n Windows Files Explorer?You can see the pictures below.These files were taken on August 17, 2022, at 4:18PM, 4:20PM, and 4:32PM.When I open the Windows Files Explorer to view these files on the SD Card It shows the...
  6. What different on Date / Date Modified / Date Create in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What different on Date / Date Modified / Date Create in Windows 11: Hi, I am confused by Windows Files Explorer. What is "Date" n Windows Files Explorer?You can see the pictures below.These files were taken on August 17, 2022, at 4:18PM, 4:20PM, and 4:32PM.When I open the Windows Files Explorer to view these files on the SD Card It shows the...
  7. Windows Update has once again ruined my PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Update has once again ruined my PC: So Windows FORCED me to update my machine against my will this morning, despite Windows update being COMPLETELY TURNED OFF due to multiple past critical failures with Windows update for the last year and a half. Immediately upon reloading into Windows the user sign-in...
  8. Why windows 10 change created date on my sd card files?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why windows 10 change created date on my sd card files?: When I import a file from my sd card, windows 10 automatically change created date. How can I solve it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-windows-10-change-created-date-on-my-sd-card/29594ff3-1131-4bac-b1a4-e4fc98102dbe
  9. FILES COPIED CHANGED THE CREATED AND MODIFIED DATES TO THE DATE COPY WAS DONE???

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    FILES COPIED CHANGED THE CREATED AND MODIFIED DATES TO THE DATE COPY WAS DONE???: Files created over many years were copied form PC WIN 7 to a portable hard drive then my new PC WIN10 File creation dates and modified dates changed to the date copy was done. For my purposes this is disastrous. One answer was I should have used "move" instead of "copy"....
  10. eml files (again) - can Windows change file content (e.g. Date)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    eml files (again) - can Windows change file content (e.g. Date): following on from this old thread about eml files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-files/why-do-eml-files-modified-date-change-on-mouseover/d6b92680-9200-4731-932f-b45c0c8187dd I've had some strange issues regarding email "Date"... Have been...