Windows 10: Once again my computer has been update-rebooted and everything is gone.

Discus and support Once again my computer has been update-rebooted and everything is gone. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi. I have just woken up to a computer that has restartet, without my permission. I have been working on files and have had multiple instances of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by J8654745354734563, Apr 15, 2021.

1. Once again my computer has been update-rebooted and everything is gone.

Hi.

I have just woken up to a computer that has restartet, without my permission.

I have been working on files and have had multiple instances of notepad open.

I am aware that i should always be saving my files and edits, but this is not a perfect world.

There is no reason i should not be able to disable automatic restarts in windows. I bought a license in 2015, so i should own my win10.

How do i disable automatic reboots?

:)

J8654745354734563, Apr 15, 2021

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Apr 15, 2021
  3. deving Win User
    User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Apr 15, 2021
  4. Once again my computer has been update-rebooted and everything is gone.

No update installation even after reboot

Yes, that is what happens.

Did the update go through this time?

slicendice, Apr 15, 2021
Thema:

Once again my computer has been update-rebooted and everything is gone.

1. Once again my computer has been update-rebooted and everything is gone. - Similar Threads - Once again computer

2. My computer has been rebooting randomly, freezing then rebooting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer has been rebooting randomly, freezing then rebooting.: Windows 11 Version 10.0.22000 Build 22000 AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core ProcessorAMD Radeon RX 5700 XT 32 GB memory a while ago my pc used to crash and reboot like 5-6 times a day, I tried to benchmark it to see if I can make it crash but it didn't. i managed to make it crash less...
  3. My computer has been rebooting randomly, freezing then rebooting.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer has been rebooting randomly, freezing then rebooting.: Windows 11 Version 10.0.22000 Build 22000 AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core ProcessorAMD Radeon RX 5700 XT 32 GB memory a while ago my pc used to crash and reboot like 5-6 times a day, I tried to benchmark it to see if I can make it crash but it didn't. i managed to make it crash less...
  4. My Desktop has been broken once again!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Desktop has been broken once again!!: by Windows Update While Microsoft is pushing their new operating system. Where Is The repair From Microsoft??? How Is It that they keep getting away with this??? I CAN'T Get To Videos And Pictures I Need To Defend MYSELF!!! I'VE SPENT HOURS AND The So-Called Fixes DON'T...
  5. My Desktop has been broken once again!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Desktop has been broken once again!!: by Windows Update While Microsoft is pushing their new operating system. Where Is The repair From Microsoft??? How Is It that they keep getting away with this??? I CAN'T Get To Videos And Pictures I Need To Defend MYSELF!!! I'VE SPENT HOURS AND The So-Called Fixes DON'T...
  6. My Desktop has been broken once again!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Windows Update has once again ruined my PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Update has once again ruined my PC: So Windows FORCED me to update my machine against my will this morning, despite Windows update being COMPLETELY TURNED OFF due to multiple past critical failures with Windows update for the last year and a half. Immediately upon reloading into Windows the user sign-in...
  8. Everything has been erased

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Everything has been erased: Ok so over the last two days there has been some sort of update that has erased everything on my computer and restarted it with a new windows. I did find everything yesterday and was able to put it everything back on my computer. I turn it back on today and everything is...
  9. My Microsoft.WindowsStore folder has been gone.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    My Microsoft.WindowsStore folder has been gone.: Recently, I have accidentally deleted the folder and it caused that I searched for "Microsoft Store" and after clicking to open it, nothing happened. I try some command that related to this issue but all I had is this error In PowerShell and run it as administrator:...
  10. networked computers disapear once again after update.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    networked computers disapear once again after update.: after latest update computers not visable on network. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/networked-computers-disapear-once-again-after/de7c36dd-689a-4f96-8340-4acfc1a2d29f