Windows 10: Once I hover over the "New" option after Right clicking the explorer crashes

Discus and support Once I hover over the "New" option after Right clicking the explorer crashes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So after updating Windows earlier today, I ended up with the issue that once I right click and hover over "new" the explorer crashes I tried running an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Hit2Skill, May 11, 2019.

1. Hit2Skill Win User

Once I hover over the "New" option after Right clicking the explorer crashes

So after updating Windows earlier today, I ended up with the issue that once I right click and hover over "new" the explorer crashes I tried running an SFC but no issue was detected (Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.) I also tried DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth which did not help in any way either.After that, I went ahead and recreated the option in the Registry. Which did not help either. My graphics drivers are up to date too. Down below is the Windows Error report. Once I hover over the "New" option after Right clicking the explorer crashes 6ff85eb6-32a9-4d82-b3d3-5d72426f7e92?upload=true.png

:)

Hit2Skill, May 11, 2019
  2. Namslas90 Win User
    Namslas90, May 11, 2019
  3. 'Open in new window' right-click menu option for File Explorer

I just submitted this suggestion on Windows Uservoice:

The idea: the right-click menu for folders in File Explorer has an option called 'Open in new window', which opens that folder in a new File Explorer window. Very useful for copying and moving things, and opening destination folders without accessing the start menu a second time.

right-click menu option for File Explorer – Feature Suggestions for Windows

Delicieuxz, May 11, 2019
  4. NUS
    Nus Win User

'Open in new window' right-click menu option for File Explorer

Is this a weird joke/troll?

That feature has been in Explorer since at least Windows 7...

Thema:

1. Once I hover over the "New" option after Right clicking the explorer crashes - Similar Threads - Once hover option

2. Explorer crashing on right click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer crashing on right click: Explorer.exe keeps crashing when I right click in a window or on the desktop. This seemed to start happening randomly and not after a Windows update or anything in particular.I have tried the following:-Disabled antivirus-Disabled context menu's using ShellExView-Booting into...
  3. Explorer crashing on right click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer crashing on right click: Explorer.exe keeps crashing when I right click in a window or on the desktop. This seemed to start happening randomly and not after a Windows update or anything in particular.I have tried the following:-Disabled antivirus-Disabled context menu's using ShellExView-Booting into...
  4. Right click menu options are not being highlighted when hovering over an option

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right click menu options are not being highlighted when hovering over an option: Hi,When I right click on the desktop and the menu appears, if I hover over any of the options, it doesn't highlight that option. It will slightly highlight the text itself when hovering but the not the whole option itself. It use to look like the first image, it would have...
  5. When i right click something it is white until i hover over it?

in Windows 10 Customization
    When i right click something it is white until i hover over it?: Whenever I right click something on Desktop/FIle explorer/Taskbar/etc. the entire prompt to select which action you want to do goes completely white!This is what I mean:But when I hover my mouse over the entire prompt, this happens:https://prnt.sc/18hlmll can't put text after...
  6. Explorer new folder right click option

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer new folder right click option: I think it is since 20H2, but while I have the option on the desktop and via CTR-SHFT-N, it has gorn from the explorer menu. Tried all the reg stuff and no joy.?? 172385
  7. Windows explorer freezes when right clicking and hovering over "New"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows explorer freezes when right clicking and hovering over "New": It freezes for about 10 seconds, but then it works. I tried many things: using ShellExView to disable extensions, uninstalling some programs, running in safe mode, I used DISM to check for health, nothing worked. Windows is updated, drivers are updated, I don't know what to...
  8. File Explorer Crashes While Hovering Over The "New" Option

File Explorer Crashes While Hovering Over The "New" Option: Whenever I right-click inside a folder and mouse over the "New" option, even for just a moment, File Explorer freezes immediately, and I am forced to restart the program. I am using Microsoft Windows 10 Home, Version 10.0.17763. I use an Alienware 13 R3 with an Intel(R)...
  9. Windows Explorer stop responding if I right click and hover over New.

Windows Explorer stop responding if I right click and hover over New.: I've had this issue ever since the last windows update. I'm used to creating new folders with the shortcut keys (Ctrl+Shift+N) but it's getting annoying to wait for the next update to fix it and I couldn't find any online fixes either. When I right click and hover over new...
  10. explorer crashes right click

explorer crashes right click: File explorer shuts down randomly during file transfers, but more often after a right click https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/explorer-crashes-right-click/937d7dcf-f8c0-46e8-a8bd-a8a9f8c56f15