Windows 10: Once if I changed my hardware, my win10 couldn't activate

Discus and support Once if I changed my hardware, my win10 couldn't activate in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; That's my laptop. Once if I changed my CD-ROM to HDD, windows 10 will say ' the product key you entered doesn't match the hardware profile '. (I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AmynyMaster, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Once if I changed my hardware, my win10 couldn't activate

That's my laptop. Once if I changed my CD-ROM to HDD, windows 10 will say ' the product key you entered doesn't match the hardware profile '.

(I've got one SSD as main drive, two another HDDs in my laptop, and each of them working properly.)

I just wanna have an extra HDD to replace the CD-ROM, for more disk space. I didn't change anything else in my laptop.

I need some assistance for this, thank you guys.

Troubleshoot can't help with it.

Once if I changed my hardware, my win10 couldn't activate 0545fe95-17d9-4e7b-b30a-33d05f5e1b14?upload=true.png

:)

AmynyMaster, Jul 17, 2019
  2. Hodakiin Win User

Win10 won't activate after RAM change

Hey! I replaced my old RAM cards with two new ones, and now I'm stuck with a "activate windows" prompt in the bottom right corner of my screen. The troubleshooter does not seem to do anything (tried checking the changed hardware option + chose my device
    in the list of devices + it said win10 was now activated.... but the prompt won't leave.)

I got win10 during the free upgrade period, and thus I don't have a product key... Any suggestions?

Hodakiin, Jul 17, 2019
  3. Duyenhip Win User
    Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

thanks
    I activated my Windows 10 from product key Windows 7

Duyenhip, Jul 17, 2019
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Once if I changed my hardware, my win10 couldn't activate

Unable to activate Windows after hardware change

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Usually the error code 0xC004F213 comes when there is a hardware change done on the computer (like Motherboard or Hard drive). The Windows license is associated with the device hardware. If there is any significant hardware changes, such as replacing
    motherboard or hard drive, Windows won’t be able to recognize the license.

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps from the article
    Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware change
    and see if Windows gets activated.

If you are using an OEM computer that came with Windows 7, and the motherboard has not been changed, then you can follow the steps to retrieve the product key that came with your OEM computer. To retrieve the product key follow the steps mentioned
    below:

1. Type Command prompt in the search bar, that is on the taskbar.
    2. Right click on Command prompt icon and select Run as administrator.
    3. Type the command and press on Enter: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
    4. You will find the product key.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 17, 2019
Thema:

Once if I changed my hardware, my win10 couldn't activate

1. Once if I changed my hardware, my win10 couldn't activate - Similar Threads - Once changed hardware

2. I changed my hardware and the Activation Troubleshooter won't give me the "I changed my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I changed my hardware and the Activation Troubleshooter won't give me the "I changed my...: Hi!I have a digital copy of Windows 10 Pro linked to my Microsoft account. I recently upgraded my motherboard and CPU on my home-built desktop PC. I researched what to do before I changed my hardware, and everything made it look easy, saying I just have to run the...
  3. I changed my hardware and the Activation Troubleshooter won't give me the "I changed my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I changed my hardware and the Activation Troubleshooter won't give me the "I changed my...: Hi!I have a digital copy of Windows 10 Pro linked to my Microsoft account. I recently upgraded my motherboard and CPU on my home-built desktop PC. I researched what to do before I changed my hardware, and everything made it look easy, saying I just have to run the...
  4. i changed my hardware and now my win10 pro is SYAING I HAVENT ACTIVATED??!!?!?! WHY PLS HELP

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    i changed my hardware and now my win10 pro is SYAING I HAVENT ACTIVATED??!!?!?! WHY PLS HELP: title this happened a coulpe hours ago https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-changed-my-hardware-and-now-my-win10-pro-is/2e7821d5-722e-45c9-9a7f-f6866237ad2b
  5. Win10 Activation Failure After Hardware Change

Win10 Activation Failure After Hardware Change: At the start of the new year I upgraded my PC. At that time I had to deal with other activation issues, eventually solved by Microsoft support services generating a new product key for me. I thought that would solve things for good, and after my new motherboard suddenly...
  6. Win10 Activation after (complete) hardware change

Win10 Activation after (complete) hardware change: Hi there, after a total hardware change I'm sadly unable to activate my Win10 retail key. Before the hardware change I deactivated the key using "slmgr -upk" which gave me the "key uninstalled successfully" box. However, seems that wasn't enough. I'm simply unable to...
  7. Win10 isn't activated after my hardware upgrade

Win10 isn't activated after my hardware upgrade: Hi everyone, I've gone through a hardware upgrade replacing my motherboard, CPU and RAM. This caused Windows to have trouble recognizing my license. I've used the troubleshoot assistant, but it couldn't help me out. My error code from the assistant: 0xC0EA000A I'm...
  8. re activating Win10 pro after hardware change

re activating Win10 pro after hardware change: Hi, I need to change my motherboard soon as it is showing failures, so I will be buying a new one with CPU and Memory and I wonder if it is possible to reactivate windows without a Microsoft account as I only have a local account ? I do have a valid activation key because I...
  9. Activation win10 after hardware change

Activation win10 after hardware change: Hello everyone, I've recetly change some of my hardware (motherboard, CPU and RAM) and when i started pc i could not active windows again. Error code that i have is 0xC004C003. On my previus computer was (before hardware upgrade) OEM and now it is something else. I can...
  10. Can't activate win10 after hardware change.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't activate win10 after hardware change.: I've changed my motherboard a few days ago, and i couldn't activate Windows afterwards because it turned out because i upgraded to win10 from a win7 when it was available for free, and i have to make preparations before i change my hardware if i want to keep my OS activated....