Windows 10: Once installed - all desktop shortcuts gone - have a clean slate

Discus and support Once installed - all desktop shortcuts gone - have a clean slate in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I tried to install windows 10 - it seemed to work but then all my desktop shortcuts were gone and I couldn't access anything - unless I searched one by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Fergie1947, May 11, 2016.

1. Once installed - all desktop shortcuts gone - have a clean slate

I tried to install windows 10 - it seemed to work but then all my desktop shortcuts were gone and I couldn't access anything - unless I searched one by one each file....what have I done wrong and why is everything gone ?? I need all my information and couldn't access so I went back to Windows 7

:)

Fergie1947, May 11, 2016
  2. Skoally Win User

external speakers vs. Windows 10 install

there is no shortcut to the control panel - even my desktop shortcut is gone.

With this is mind, how do I find the "control panel" shortcut?

I have installed Windows 10 and now I have no sound, at all.

Skoally, May 11, 2016
  3. daryl47 Win User
    BING

Thanks Andre

Would that then give me a clean slate to change my defaults to Firefox and Google and hopefully not have Edge jumping in on me.

I am presuming that something may have gone wrong when trying to change them previously and this could be a good way to start all over.

daryl47, May 11, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Once installed - all desktop shortcuts gone - have a clean slate

We can't tell you what went wrong until we know exactly how you installed Windows 10.

NavyLCDR, May 11, 2016
  5. Molyy Win User
    Try to click on the empty desktop and then create a file on here , all those will be appear on desktop.

Molyy, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Once installed - all desktop shortcuts gone - have a clean slate

1. Once installed - all desktop shortcuts gone - have a clean slate - Similar Threads - Once installed desktop

2. how to undo a clean boot slate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to undo a clean boot slate: i started my pc in a clean boot slate to see why some of my games aren’t showing the cursor when full screened, but when i attempted to login, i was met with a screen that says “Something happened and your PIN isn’t available. Click to set up your PIN again.” Does anyone know...
  3. how to undo a clean boot slate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to undo a clean boot slate: i started my pc in a clean boot slate to see why some of my games aren’t showing the cursor when full screened, but when i attempted to login, i was met with a screen that says “Something happened and your PIN isn’t available. Click to set up your PIN again.” Does anyone know...
  4. Is there a way to give laptop a clean slate without formatting?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is there a way to give laptop a clean slate without formatting?: I'm giving a laptop away to someone else. I can't format it because I lack the skills and afraid I'll mess things up beyond repair, and I can't find anyone close to do it within the next few days.These are what I'm trying to achieve:1. Keep Windows 10 and its default programs...
  5. All links to programs lost - started with clean slate?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    All links to programs lost - started with clean slate?: When I booted my computer up, it told me I had to log out. When it came back up and I logged in it was as if I started WIndows with a new slate - nothing was loaded or set up? My data is still out there on the hard drive, so that is not an issue. But, all programs were like...
  6. Desktop shortcut icons gone on laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Desktop shortcut icons gone on laptop: Worked on my laptop yesterday, all good. Turned on this morning and ALL my desktop shortcut files, GONE. Can someone help me troubleshoot, thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-shortcut-icons-gone-on-laptop/48a04e93-647a-43ee-a635-7f2fb7cc63e8
  7. All My Shortcuts on desktop and file explorer are black instead of having the shortcut...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All My Shortcuts on desktop and file explorer are black instead of having the shortcut...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Kaboom212121 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g6wtmj/all_my_shortcuts_on_desktop_and_file_explorer_are/
  8. Using "clean slate" drivers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Using "clean slate" drivers: Hello, I have an old computer that used to have a failing hard drive. I managed to copy mostly everything over to a new one, but when I tried to use the newer hard drive, it acted as though the drivers were corrupt.. Is there a way that I can revert back to the most default...
  9. shortcuts on desktop disappeared where might they have gone ?

in Windows 10 Support
    shortcuts on desktop disappeared where might they have gone ?: They were there yesterday but not today. Two symbols are in the task bar, a back arrow & a circle, that were not there yesterday. The X at the top right is gone but comes back in red when I move the curser there but disappears when I move the curser off. The minimize _ is...
  10. Desktop Icons all gone?

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons all gone?: I have the latest update of Win 10... Booted computer this morning and all of my desktop icons are gone. Could anyone help me find them? *Smile The desktop now defaults to a Win10 desktop but when I go to "desktop" there is nothing there. All help appreciated. wayne 53950