Windows 10: ONDRIVE IS LOSING FILES that have been backed up manually using File Explorer in WIN 10

Discus and support ONDRIVE IS LOSING FILES that have been backed up manually using File Explorer in WIN 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a few hundred folders and sub folders in four different logical drives on my Win 10 desktop. I do not want any automatic backup to ONEDRIVE... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GregoryPerkins1, Mar 17, 2020.

1. ONDRIVE IS LOSING FILES that have been backed up manually using File Explorer in WIN 10

I have a few hundred folders and sub folders in four different logical drives on my Win 10 desktop.

I do not want any automatic backup to ONEDRIVE and I think I have turned that feature off.

The account has been upgraded to 1 Terabyte in capacity via subscription to Office 365.

What I want to do is manually copy folders and contents into select folders that I set up

on ONEDRIVE with folder names such as BACKUP-March 17-20. I have been doing

that for over a year now using WIN 10 File Explorer. I am having a real problem now in that

when I look at the folder contents on ONEDRIVE with some folders I can see the files individually

using File Explorer which shows file size and creation date but when the collection of files are

JPG image files I cannot view them or download them back to my WIN 10 desktop.

So this is catastrophic. I have sent the files to backup in Onedrive and now I cannot retrieve them.

I am doing the manual backups because by dating the backup folders I can create a type

of version control and I want to later be about to retrieve certain files from certain date periods.

For some folders repeatable I get an error message that says something like "cloud server not running"

The result is that without being able to retrieve these files they are "LOST". This is not what backup is supposed to be !

In essence, what I am doing and want to do is manage the ONEDRIVE cloud storage "EXACTLY" like it was simply an additional

ONE terrabyte logical drive on my desktop that I can copy files to a from.

I really need for someone in tech support to see how this is failing. I would be willing to pay for this support if necessary.

:)

GregoryPerkins1, Mar 17, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 17, 2020
  3. File Explorer default veiw setting Win 10 Pro

Hi Bob,

You can change the default settings of your File Explorer view. If you would like to sort it by Date, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Go to Start, type File Explorer.
    • Select View located at the top of the address bar.
    • Locate Sort by.
    • Select Date.
    • Choose between Ascending and Descending.
    • Close the File Explorer and check back if the changes applied.

Let us know if you need anything else. We're here to help.

Ronalene Mat, Mar 17, 2020
  4. ONDRIVE IS LOSING FILES that have been backed up manually using File Explorer in WIN 10

File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

ONDRIVE IS LOSING FILES that have been backed up manually using File Explorer in WIN 10

1. ONDRIVE IS LOSING FILES that have been backed up manually using File Explorer in WIN 10 - Similar Threads - ONDRIVE LOSING FILES

2. Manual sorting in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Manual sorting in file explorer: When will or why won't Microsoft address the removing the ability to manually arrange files in explorer? If there is some other software that you were trying to force us to use, what is it? Every update, I expect this basic function to be returned, but it is not.I work with...
  3. Manual sorting in file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Manual sorting in file explorer: When will or why won't Microsoft address the removing the ability to manually arrange files in explorer? If there is some other software that you were trying to force us to use, what is it? Every update, I expect this basic function to be returned, but it is not.I work with...
  4. "File Explorer" loses files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "File Explorer" loses files: Using OS Windows 10 / Radomly, some days none other days two or three times, "File Explorer" loses all the folders and files, appears to be reloading but never completes the reload process. The only way I get "File Explorer" to load all the file folders and files is to reboot...
  5. "File Explorer" loses files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "File Explorer" loses files: Using OS Windows 10 / Radomly, some days none other days two or three times, "File Explorer" loses all the folders and files, appears to be reloading but never completes the reload process. The only way I get "File Explorer" to load all the file folders and files is to reboot...
  6. "File Explorer" loses files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Restoring deleted files if they have not been backed up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Restoring deleted files if they have not been backed up: Hello. I recently misplaced unsure if it was deleted or not an executable file and I am trying to recover it. My recycle bin has already been emptied and I did not have my computer back up on, I cannot restore previous versions of my recycle bin or the folder in which the...
  8. File explorer not coming up in Win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer not coming up in Win 10: I have tried many things via the community but no luck to get file explorer to come up in Win 10, please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-not-coming-up-in-win-10/28bb5c70-9330-4148-8c64-10c436a233a6"
  9. Using Windows 10 File Explorer To Back Up iTunes With A Flash Drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Using Windows 10 File Explorer To Back Up iTunes With A Flash Drive: Hi all, I bought a 128 GB flash drive to back up my entire iTunes playlist using the Windows 10 File Explorer, and I want to confirm the steps I plan to take..... Go to File Explorer and select Music / iTunes / iTunes Music. Plug in the flash drive. Drag the iTunes...
  10. Which macrium back up files can be opened to explore backed up files?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Which macrium back up files can be opened to explore backed up files?: When I back up my drives macrium 7 creates 2 files an xml file and a disk partition image file what is the purpose and relationship between these two files? Can the partition image file be opened to explore the backed up data? If so, how? 107403