Windows 10: One Account Causing Crashes

Discus and support One Account Causing Crashes in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; A neighbour has told me that his computer that he shares with his wife has started crashing and causing black screens on boot up but his own account is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by swarfega, Sep 18, 2017.

1. swarfega Win User

One Account Causing Crashes

A neighbour has told me that his computer that he shares with his wife has started crashing and causing black screens on boot up but his own account is ok.

Could someone give me some pointers that I could test out when I see the machine tomorrow please.

:)

swarfega, Sep 18, 2017
  2. J.DD Win User

BSOD BAD_POOL_CALLER

Uninstall bitdefender then use their removal tool to remove the rest of it

9 of these crashes were caused by netio.sys . Bitdefender may have crashed it

acpiex.sys is also causing one of the crashes. I would also uninstall afterburner

EhStorClass.sys is causing one of the crashes

3. rntpacis Win User
    Microsoft Authenticator App for iOS: Crashing Upon Launch

Ok, looks like the crashing stopped after I revoked all authentication apps on the MS account portal. After reinstalling the app on my device, I proceeded to add an account. Selecting the available MS account resulted to the crash, but when I went through
    the motion of adding the account from scratch, it no longer crashed.

I'll be adding my other accounts into the app again and see if it causes a crash.

rntpacis, Sep 18, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

Could be her Profile is corrupted, as a diagnostic you might try adding a new User for her with a slightly different name.

Berton, Sep 18, 2017
  5. swarfega Win User
    Thank you, will try that.

swarfega, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. One Account Causing Crashes - Similar Threads - Account Causing Crashes

2. The Settings app keeps crashing on one account but not another.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The Settings app keeps crashing on one account but not another.: submitted by /u/waterstorm29 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/uqls00/the_settings_app_keeps_crashing_on_one_account/
  3. AuthenticAMD.sys cause a crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AuthenticAMD.sys cause a crash: this situation occures when I play games,my first displaycard is AMD 5700XT,then after I changed to NVIDIA 1080ti and AMD 5600x and ATX power and DRAM ,this situation occured,after I changed to AMD 6600XT,it happens again.I used memtest+ and furmark to test my hardwares,it...
  4. Two Xbox accounts linked to one microsoft account causing shenanigans

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two Xbox accounts linked to one microsoft account causing shenanigans: When i played sea of thieves some time ago i would launch it through the Microsoft store application, and i would be played through the Xbox account i had originally linked to the microsoft account. I wanted to play it again but since last time it has become a requirement to...
  5. Two Xbox accounts linked to one microsoft account causing shenanigans

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two Xbox accounts linked to one microsoft account causing shenanigans: When i played sea of thieves some time ago i would launch it through the Microsoft store application, and i would be played through the Xbox account i had originally linked to the microsoft account. I wanted to play it again but since last time it has become a requirement to...
  6. Zoom Crash Causing BSoD errors - twice in one day

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Zoom Crash Causing BSoD errors - twice in one day: I've had a PC with these specs for around a year and it's in good coniditon: - GPU: 1660 Super - Ryzen 3600 - 16gb ram - 240gb SSD I was in a zoom call for a seminar and the app flickers/goes black/freezes briefly and then it's fine for around 30 seconds and then my...
  7. Unknown cause of crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown cause of crashes: My computer seems to be crashing at random moments, whether I am running a program or not. I've recently reinstalled Windows 10 and removed all other content from my computer and found no fix to this problem. With each crash I get various blue screens, the most common one...
  8. KERNELBASE.dll is causing crash.

KERNELBASE.dll is causing crash.: I've been trying to play a simulator for a week now and still getting this error. In total I have sfc scan, regsvr32, updated the game twice, updated windows, and tried to put kernelbase.dll from my laptop on it however I couldn't change the file. Any help is greatly...
  9. Explorer.exe keeps crashing but only on one user account

Explorer.exe keeps crashing but only on one user account: So I am having this weird issue with my computer. Whenever I log into my account the admin account explorer.exe loads up fine at first but then it will crash, when that happens explorer.exe starts up again automatically only for it to crash again. It's like a never ending...
  10. App crashes on one specific account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App crashes on one specific account: Hi, I have downloaded an app and it crashes every time I open it. So I created a new account and guess what, it works just fine Seems like there's something called corrupted account with Microsoft lately. And I don't want to create a new account every time issue happens...