Windows 10: One another very old account I have. I asked a question, Got great answers. Was replying...

Discus and support One another very old account I have. I asked a question, Got great answers. Was replying... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I asked a question on another account. Basically I had one with a hotmail address so old that before the @ is just my 3 initials. No numbers. This is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jack Poore, Jan 31, 2019.

1. One another very old account I have. I asked a question, Got great answers. Was replying...

I asked a question on another account. Basically I had one with a hotmail address so old that before the @ is just my 3 initials. No numbers. This is that account. But on a newer account I posted a question yesterday. I had 3 great answers and my resolve I'm sure. While replying thanks to each I got 2 replies done. On the 3rd it froze. I refreshed the page and it says "Thread doesn't exist"

So I went back to where I'd found my question about an hour before. The question was gone? Off MS servers? There was no foul language. It was a "love fest" with good resolves and kudos.

It's gone? Apparently off MS servers too? I am mourning the loss of that data! {'-((

:)

Jack Poore, Jan 31, 2019

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Jan 31, 2019
  3. Cortana is often unable to answers the asked questions

Hello Bimal,

Thank you for your continued patience on this issue. Let me assist you further from here.

Please follow the below suggested methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.

• Restart the computer.

Ref: Using System File Checker
    in Windows 10

Method 2:

If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state or were irrecoverable, then I suggest you to try the following steps to deploy the DISM command lines:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Method 3:

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to check if the same issue occur when logged in through a different user account.

Follow the steps:

• Assuming that you are already logged on to your user account in Windows 10, click the Start button.
    • From the Start menu, click your name from the top of the left pane.
    • From the displayed options click Sign out.
    • From the login screen, click to the different user account you want to switch to.

However, if you do not have a separate user account, I suggest you to create another administrator user account by referring to the Microsoft article here: Set
    up accounts

Hope it helps this time.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jan 31, 2019
  4. One another very old account I have. I asked a question, Got great answers. Was replying...

ask a question but cant reply

i asked this question one day ago =

(cannot connect to proxy server after windows 10 fall update)...and got a reply from support...and want to reply it doesn't work ..it seems to be greyed out and wont let me reply....why is this??? any help with this would be great...cant get support if
    I cant reply

**moved from Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures

garygonzales, Jan 31, 2019
Thema:

One another very old account I have. I asked a question, Got great answers. Was replying...

1. One another very old account I have. I asked a question, Got great answers. Was replying... - Similar Threads - another very old

2. daveM can answer that question? I cant reply the last one..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    daveM can answer that question? I cant reply the last one..: Rdr 2 blue error problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/davem-can-answer-that-question-i-cant-reply-the/e3d9c8d1-31f2-403e-bb9d-2ee9698e2c64
  3. daveM can answer that question? I cant reply the last one..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    daveM can answer that question? I cant reply the last one..: Rdr 2 blue error problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/davem-can-answer-that-question-i-cant-reply-the/e3d9c8d1-31f2-403e-bb9d-2ee9698e2c64
  4. Ask great questions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ask great questions: dan Behadil install and upgrade https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ask-great-questions/747e38db-e314-4743-aff3-0590d2a77cc5
  5. Ask great questions

Ask great questions: dan Behadil install and upgrade https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ask-great-questions/747e38db-e314-4743-aff3-0590d2a77cc5
  6. The very same wifi connection, but on one laptop it's slow and on another it's great

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The very same wifi connection, but on one laptop it's slow and on another it's great: What could be possibly going wrong?One laptop is a Dell from the company I work for speeds are high, more than 100Mbps download. It must be a new laptop, it has windows 10.On the other hand, my personal laptop is a HP, bought in 2016, and it also has windows 10, all the...
  7. The very same wifi connection, but on one laptop it's slow and on another it's great

The very same wifi connection, but on one laptop it's slow and on another it's great: What could be possibly going wrong?One laptop is a Dell from the company I work for speeds are high, more than 100Mbps download. It must be a new laptop, it has windows 10.On the other hand, my personal laptop is a HP, bought in 2016, and it also has windows 10, all the...
  8. YOUR REPLIES TO MY QUESTION SHOW NO ANSWERS BUT THAT YOU REPLIED

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    YOUR REPLIES TO MY QUESTION SHOW NO ANSWERS BUT THAT YOU REPLIED: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GT60N ATA Device I need windows 10-x64bit drivers or I can not continue my school work as a software engineer student some lessons require software discs and media to play the DVD video lessons...
  9. I have asked a question on system updating .Cannot find my question nor answers?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have asked a question on system updating .Cannot find my question nor answers?: previously posted a question but cannot see my question nor answer? How to resolve that? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-asked-a-question-on-system-updating-cannot/9392965b-c27e-4973-9ea1-0fba2a12ebd4
  10. I have another question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have another question: I'm presenting problems with my wifi network, it disconnects, it's very slow, sometimes I cannot connect my laptop with windows 10, my iphone cell connects normally https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-another-question/2f098d97-1b87-49da-81bb-c6353944be09