Windows 10: one ap;p is preventing shutdown in windows 10 how do I get rid of the app

Discus and support one ap;p is preventing shutdown in windows 10 how do I get rid of the app in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; one app is preventing shutdown in windows 10 how do I find out which app it is & get rid of it????... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by EvelynDonovan, Jul 30, 2019.

1. one ap;p is preventing shutdown in windows 10 how do I get rid of the app

one app is preventing shutdown in windows 10 how do I find out which app it is & get rid of it????

:)

EvelynDonovan, Jul 30, 2019

2. This App is preventing shutdown message.

*Original Title: This is preventing shutdown message.

When I shutdown I get the message "this app. is preventing shutdown". Last night it showed 'DDES window'. I can't find what DDES window is. I went through the msconfig list and I don't see anything that seems to match. What is DDES window?

LamarMasonYH, Jul 30, 2019
  3. FranH37 Win User
    unknown app preventing shutdown

I have an unknown app preventing shutdown. How can I get rid of it?

FranH37, Jul 30, 2019
  4. one ap;p is preventing shutdown in windows 10 how do I get rid of the app

App preventing shutdown after 10/2017 Windows 10 update

After updating this month to the 10/2017 Windows 10 update, I am getting the following message each time I shutdown: "Reset TocuhPad this app is preventing shutdown"

Obviously the word TouchPad is misspelled as "TocuhPad"

I ran Regedit and found a reference to the misspelling; however, I don't seem to be able to edit it. Of course, I don't know if this reference is the problem.

Any suggestions? Right now I just instruct the computer to shutdown by ignoring the app. But it is an extra step that I didn't have to take before and would like to correct.

[Moved from: Windows / Apps on Windows 10 / Other Windows apps / Tools]

J BruceHenderson, Jul 30, 2019
Thema:

one ap;p is preventing shutdown in windows 10 how do I get rid of the app

1. one ap;p is preventing shutdown in windows 10 how do I get rid of the app - Similar Threads - preventing shutdown rid

2. How do I get rid of the garbage apps?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of the garbage apps?: How do i uninstall the garbage Microsoft is forcing us to use? Copilot dev **** apps taht isn't needed buy everyday consumers? We as consumers purchased this system. What right does Microsoft have to force new features we dont want or use without an uninstall option?...
  3. How do I get rid of the garbage apps?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get rid of the garbage apps?: How do i uninstall the garbage Microsoft is forcing us to use? Copilot dev **** apps taht isn't needed buy everyday consumers? We as consumers purchased this system. What right does Microsoft have to force new features we dont want or use without an uninstall option?...
  4. How do I get rid of One Drive completely ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of One Drive completely ?: Hi. I got so fed up with OneDrive, that I have uninstalled it and deleted the One Drive folder on the C: Drive. I don't want it and don't need it. However, when I save a for example PowerPoint file it defaults to OneDrive - Personal. How do I stop this ? I just want the...
  5. How do I get rid of One Drive completely ?

How do I get rid of One Drive completely ?: Hi. I got so fed up with OneDrive, that I have uninstalled it and deleted the One Drive folder on the C: Drive. I don't want it and don't need it. However, when I save a for example PowerPoint file it defaults to OneDrive - Personal. How do I stop this ? I just want the...
  6. How do I get rid of bsod on shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of bsod on shutdown: minidump fileHi all I have a dell 5414 that temporarily displays the blue screen of death on shutdown only . The bugcheck code is 7e. I updated the drivers and issue is still occurring. I swapped out my current ssd for the original upgraded ssd a while back and bsod is still...
  7. How do I get rid of bsod on shutdown

How do I get rid of bsod on shutdown: minidump fileHi all I have a dell 5414 that temporarily displays the blue screen of death on shutdown only . The bugcheck code is 7e. I updated the drivers and issue is still occurring. I swapped out my current ssd for the original upgraded ssd a while back and bsod is still...
  8. How do I get rid of bsod on shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. How do I get rid of One Drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I get rid of One Drive?: I do not have multiple devices, so I don't need to access files from the cloud. I just bought a new computer and in downloading my backed up files from Carbonite I can't seem to get them to go to the folders on my computer, they keep going to One Drive and then I can't locate...
  10. App prevents shutdown

App prevents shutdown: When I go to shut down my computer, a pop up comes on the screen saying, "An app running in the background is preventing shut down". How can I tell which up is running? and Can I close this app myself? Thanks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. one app preventing shut down