Windows 10: one ap;p is preventing shutdown in windows 10 how do I get rid of the app

Discus and support one ap;p is preventing shutdown in windows 10 how do I get rid of the app in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; one app is preventing shutdown in windows 10 how do I find out which app it is & get rid of it????... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by EvelynDonovan, Jul 30, 2019.

1. one ap;p is preventing shutdown in windows 10 how do I get rid of the app

one app is preventing shutdown in windows 10 how do I find out which app it is & get rid of it????

:)

EvelynDonovan, Jul 30, 2019

2. This App is preventing shutdown message.

*Original Title: This is preventing shutdown message.

When I shutdown I get the message "this app. is preventing shutdown". Last night it showed 'DDES window'. I can't find what DDES window is. I went through the msconfig list and I don't see anything that seems to match. What is DDES window?

LamarMasonYH, Jul 30, 2019
  3. FranH37 Win User
    unknown app preventing shutdown

I have an unknown app preventing shutdown. How can I get rid of it?

FranH37, Jul 30, 2019
  4. one ap;p is preventing shutdown in windows 10 how do I get rid of the app

App preventing shutdown after 10/2017 Windows 10 update

After updating this month to the 10/2017 Windows 10 update, I am getting the following message each time I shutdown: "Reset TocuhPad this app is preventing shutdown"

Obviously the word TouchPad is misspelled as "TocuhPad"

I ran Regedit and found a reference to the misspelling; however, I don't seem to be able to edit it. Of course, I don't know if this reference is the problem.

Any suggestions? Right now I just instruct the computer to shutdown by ignoring the app. But it is an extra step that I didn't have to take before and would like to correct.

[Moved from: Windows / Apps on Windows 10 / Other Windows apps / Tools]

J BruceHenderson, Jul 30, 2019
Thema:

one ap;p is preventing shutdown in windows 10 how do I get rid of the app

1. one ap;p is preventing shutdown in windows 10 how do I get rid of the app - Similar Threads - preventing shutdown rid

2. how do i get rid of these apps on my screen???

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i get rid of these apps on my screen???: [ATTACH]how the heck do I get these apps of my screen without deleting them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-these-apps-on-my-screen/c0873c00-2298-4e01-87a4-067886410d98
  3. How do i get rid of error

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do i get rid of error: I am having errors of my access administrative settings I isolated error on firewall still only some errors is my system hijacked I still have same labtop error window 32 /...
  4. How do I get rid of Yahoo?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I get rid of Yahoo?: When I open a new Google Chrome tab, Yahoo opens up. Yahoo is not my default search engine but Google is, why does Yahoo keep showing up instead of Google? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-yahoo/a4dd73d0-a88a-44b8-a4ad-c930f1ab83e8
  5. how do I get rid of McAfee in Windows 10?

how do I get rid of McAfee in Windows 10?: How do I get rid of McAfee which was preinstalled when I reset my Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-mcafee-in-windows-10/718b9839-5e54-4caa-9d47-2bde60f012b4"
  6. watchtvnow.co how do i get rid of

watchtvnow.co how do i get rid of: how do i get rid of watchtvnow.co windows/pop ups ???????? i have Norton security that might clash with MS Defender...
  7. How do i get rid of notepad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i get rid of notepad: i need help getting rid of notepad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/how-do-i-get-rid-of-notepad/6275bd69-ae67-4313-8bac-e4e25fd6a0ba
  8. How do i get rid of this problem?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do i get rid of this problem?: on my taskbar I try to use the calculator or get mail and keep getting this message. This has just started happening after updates from Microsoft. explorer.ex class not registered....
  9. How do I get rid of OSRSS?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I get rid of OSRSS?: So, now that my computer has restarted twice, dumping things that I was working on and taking hours (not to mention a bunch of blood-pressure meds) to reconstruct, I am trying to remove Windows 10 Update Facilitation Service, aka OSRSS. It won't respond to a netstop command,...
  10. How do I get rid of this?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I get rid of this?: Starting today, this shows up when I navigate throughout folders: [img] I really don't want, or need, to see this in every folder I go. Can anyone help me get rid of this toolbar? 89156