Windows 10: One app needs closing on shut down

Discus and support One app needs closing on shut down in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all, Whenever I close my laptop down, there is always one app that won't close and I have to 'force' it to close? I'm not sure if it's a generic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Trev-n-DeeBurdett, Aug 27, 2019.

1. One app needs closing on shut down

Hi all,
    Whenever I close my laptop down, there is always one app that won't close and I have to 'force' it to close?
    I'm not sure if it's a generic icon, but the one that appears is a finger on a button.

Where do I look to see what program this is please? (I knew XP like the back of my hand, but Win 10.....)????

Thank you in advance for your help.

Trevor

One app needs closing on shut down [​IMG]

:)

Trev-n-DeeBurdett, Aug 27, 2019

2. Unable to close Calculator app on Windows 10.

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask if the issue persists with other Windows Apps as well.

I suggest you to press/hold the left click button on the title bar of the calculator and drag the Windows to shrink the size of the Windows and check if the close (X) option appears. If the issue still persists, then suggest you to run the Windows Store
    Apps troubleshooter by following the steps provided below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on View all on top left pane.
    • Select “Windows Store Apps” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 27, 2019
  3. Map app shutting down

Hello Emma,

Thank you for responding.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I suggest you to uninstall the apps which came inbuilt with Windows 10 using Windows PowerShell and reinstall using Windows store.

Note: You need to close the Windows Store and other apps before executing the PowerShell command. Also, sign-out and sign-in before installing the apps from the
    store.

Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to reinstall the Mail and calendar app.

• get-appxpackage *Microsoft.WindowsMaps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Map app from the Windows store.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue with required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 27, 2019
  4. One app needs closing on shut down

Windows Apps automatically closes

hey,

I suggest you to perform the following steps one by one and check if it helps.

• Running the App troubleshooter
    Run the App troubleshooter named Windows store Apps from control Panel and check if it helps.

If not then,

• Perform System File Check (SFC)
    Follow the steps:

a. Press “Windows Key + Q” to open search Bar.

b. Type cmd without quotes in the search box.

c. On the left pane, right click on the “cmd” option and select “Run as Administrator”.

d. Type sfc /scannow’ without quotes and hit enter.

If still not helps then,

• run the System update readiness command. It detects incorrect manifests, cabinets or registry data, it may replace the incorrect data with corrected version available. Follow the steps.
    • Press Windows key + X.
    • Click command prompt (Run as administrator).
    • In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press Enter key after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type Exit, and then press Enter.

Reply back with the results would be happy to help.

Sumit Dhiman2, Aug 27, 2019
Thema:

One app needs closing on shut down

1. One app needs closing on shut down - Similar Threads - app needs closing

2. Closing 1 app and shutting down while shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Closing 1 app and shutting down while shut down: Sr that my english is not very good, hope you guys understand. When I shut down my laptop, just a second, this note appear and the laptop still shut down but I dont know what is this hay how to fix it, I try to update but nothing happen. Need help plz, tks...
  3. Closing 1 app and shutting down while shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Closing 1 app and shutting down while shut down: Sr that my english is not very good, hope you guys understand. When I shut down my laptop, just a second, this note appear and the laptop still shut down but I dont know what is this hay how to fix it, I try to update but nothing happen. Need help plz, tks...
  4. Tablet shut down or sleep - all apps close

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tablet shut down or sleep - all apps close: I am wondering if someone can explain why when I use my MS Surface Pro 7 and either put the tablet to sleep or shut down, the next time I login I have to sign-in again to all the websites I've left open.Yet when I use my non-MS computer or laptop and do the same everything...
  5. Closes apps and shuts down instead of Hibernating

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Closes apps and shuts down instead of Hibernating: I have been facing this issue that whenever I hibernate my laptop from the Power Button menu in startor Alt+F4 the laptop shows Locking but when I power on my laptop the next day, I find all apps like teams and stuff closed and hence have to restart all apps in order to...
  6. Closes apps and shuts down instead of Hibernating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Closes apps and shuts down instead of Hibernating: I have been facing this issue that whenever I hibernate my laptop from the Power Button menu in startor Alt+F4 the laptop shows Locking but when I power on my laptop the next day, I find all apps like teams and stuff closed and hence have to restart all apps in order to...
  7. Closes apps and shuts down instead of Hibernating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. When shutting down I need to close file explorer before it shut downs.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    When shutting down I need to close file explorer before it shut downs.: When shutting down I need to close file explorer before it shut downs. This used to not happen to me. How to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-shutting-down-i-need-to-close-file-explorer/8da84e04-e5fa-4010-8324-64a9da339890
  9. Won’t shut down because app not closing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Won’t shut down because app not closing: So this started like a week ago and I have not installed anything except safe things like games, school documents and stuff but recently every time I go to shut down my computer, it says “can’t shut down because an app is open” and it goes away after like 1 or 2 seconds so I...
  10. Windows 10 apps shutting down one by one !!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 apps shutting down one by one !!!: Windows 10 Pro Version 2004 OS Build 19041.388 Since last month one by one default apps are shutting down (Not starting). First Photos went (File system error) then Groove Music (File system error) and now Calculator (not starting). I've checked for viruses , none found...