Windows 10: One application is set to need administrative privileges in one Workstation when others...

Discus and support One application is set to need administrative privileges in one Workstation when others... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I installed IBM SPSS in 4 computers. All computers are setup the same, all have same computer specifications, all under one domain and all users logged... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ash Z, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Ash Z Win User

One application is set to need administrative privileges in one Workstation when others...

I installed IBM SPSS in 4 computers. All computers are setup the same, all have same computer specifications, all under one domain and all users logged in are under one GPO and AD group.

However, one workstation needs administrative rights to run the SPSS application, the other 3 don't. When I checked the application in program files, the 3 working PCs don't have "admin badge" on the said application but the problematic one does.

When logged in using administrator account, the application loads right away on the 3 computers. But for the problematic computer, I receive the UAC warning/popup

I tried installing and reinstalling the application but the same badge appears.

Of course I cannot provide admin rights for security purposes. I would like to ask why this is happening.

Thanks!

:)

Ash Z, Aug 2, 2018
  2. jl2509 Win User

Running always an application with administrative privileges

Screen shots for an Application settings and Shortcut settings

Application

One application is set to need administrative privileges in one Workstation when others... [​IMG]

Shortcut

One application is set to need administrative privileges in one Workstation when others... [​IMG]

HTH

jl2509, Aug 2, 2018
  3. Dell Touchpad uninstall administrator privileges

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

From the description of the issue, I understand that you are unable to uninstall drivers from Device Manager as it prompts saying log-in with administrator privileges, we will help you to resolve this issue.

I would recommend you to see if you are logged in administrator account, if not then enable it. Please follow the below steps to enable:

Step 1: I would suggest you to enable the built-in administrator account.

You need to run the command from an elevated command prompt. To do that follow the below steps:

• Press the Windows key + R from the keyboard to open the
      Run Command Dialog Box.

• Type cmd and right-click on the
      Command Prompt
      result that should appear.

• This opens a list of options at the bottom. Select
      Run as administrator

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.

• Enter the following command to enable the hidden administrator account:
      net user administrator /active:yes

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for any assistance on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 2, 2018
  4. balubeto Win User

One application is set to need administrative privileges in one Workstation when others...

Running always an application with administrative privileges

Hi

I have Windows 10 v1703 and I would need that an application is always run with administrative privileges even when it is run by a user who has a Users's account.

So, how should I do this?

Thanks

Bye

balubeto, Aug 2, 2018
Thema:

1. One application is set to need administrative privileges in one Workstation when others... - Similar Threads - application set need

2. Administrator Privileges Needed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Administrator Privileges Needed: I am sole account for my home Dell Inspiron Laptop using Windows 10 Pro. I am listed as Administrator under accounts but cannot delete some files because it doesn't recognize me as Administrator. How can I function as Administrator on my personal computer?...
  3. Administrator Privileges Needed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrator Privileges Needed: I am sole account for my home Dell Inspiron Laptop using Windows 10 Pro. I am listed as Administrator under accounts but cannot delete some files because it doesn't recognize me as Administrator. How can I function as Administrator on my personal computer?...
  4. Administrator Privileges Needed

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. administrator privileges

in Windows 10 Customization
    administrator privileges: when I try to play a game I get a pop up that says administrator privileges denied how do I fix this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-privileges/a834187a-1f8b-4fbe-8c69-1c8f0a33bc41
  6. Administrator privilege setting

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator privilege setting: Windows 10 Home, I am the administrator in trying to delete a folder/file the message "requires administrator privilege" What is necessary: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-privilege-setting/dd20c099-61e6-44dd-858a-39c729c22e34"
  7. administrator privileges...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    administrator privileges...: I have recently had problems getting certain programs to work properly (Alzip, Finale 2012 and others), and I've discovered that somewhere along the line, presumably after the last big Windows 10 upgrade, my permissions must have changed. The result of this is that I now have...
  8. Documents folder needs administrator privileges

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Documents folder needs administrator privileges: When I was using Windows 8.1, I could move and edit the contents of my Documents folder with ease. Now, since I upgraded to Windows 10, I need to grant administrator permissions to every action I try to take on the Documents folder. Since a lot of my apps save items to that...
  9. Running always an application with administrative privileges

Running always an application with administrative privileges: Hi I have Windows 10 v1703 and I would need that an application is always run with administrative privileges even when it is run by a user who has a Users's account. So, how should I do this? Thanks Bye 84349
  10. Administrator account works, other one has problems

Administrator account works, other one has problems: I upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 in summer. Have had many problems. Now the major one is: Windows 10 works fine in administrator account, but in the other user account I primarily use, most of the apps don't work (including store --Cortana and Edge are about the only ones that...