Windows 10: One character not working in one keyboard language (Norwegian "ø")

Discus and support One character not working in one keyboard language (Norwegian "ø") in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I had a Windows 10 installation where there were 2 additional keyboard languages that I wanted to get rid of, but these were not showing up in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hardkjerne, May 27, 2021.

1. One character not working in one keyboard language (Norwegian "ø")

I had a Windows 10 installation where there were 2 additional keyboard languages that I wanted to get rid of, but these were not showing up in the language settings in Windows 10. I wanted to fix the issue to not have accidental switches between the languages (I am normally using a Norwegian keyboard layout), as this seemed to happen "by itself" from time to time. I searched around a lot, and I found two different methods to fix the issue: - deleting a folder in the registry: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...5-63ce78d02bc6 (Computer\HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Keyboard Layout\Preload ) - removing the languages through powershell commands: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...b-245b8823d90e (Deleting Computer\HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Keyboard Layout\Preload )[/URL] Not 100% sure which of them did it (and I did also go through a other smaller "fixes" that did not work, like adding/deleting in the normal way, but these are prob not relevant), as there were some restarts in between etc, but I got rid of the extra languages. MY PROBLEM: After following these guides, I am now unable to use the "" key on my keyboard (when I press it nothing happens) as long as I have Norwegian keyboard selected in Windows. If I change to English (United States) keyboard the key works (I get a ";" sign). Therefore this should be a software issue, and not a hardware issue. I have tried to remove the Norwegian keyboard, tried uninstalling it, but when I add it again the key still does not work. I can type the character using the On Screen keyboard, but that's not a long term solution. I have tried adding a different Norwegian keyboard (Nynorsk), but the character is still gone. Sadly, I did not create a restore point before fixing my initial issue... Specs: Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 21H1 Installed on ‎5/‎19/‎2021 OS build 19043.985 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.2020.0

:)

hardkjerne, May 27, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Norwegian keyboard showing up when switching input language

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your effort on this. I understand that you see Norwegian keyboard when you switch between the input languages. As you have checked the installed keyboard languages using PowerShell and didn’t find the keyboard language, I suggest you to
    refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned below and see if you are able to find the keyboard language:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type lpksetup and click on
      OK
    3. Click on Uninstall display languages.
    4. If you find Norwegian keyboard listed, click on it and click on
      Next.
    5. Follow the on-screen instructions to remove the language pack.

Let us know how it goes. If the issue persists, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 27, 2021
  3. 7thSense Win User
    Mango Norwegian language.

The Mango update will not download new languages. Norwegian (for example) are currently only available in new phones. Microsoft might make language packs available in the future but nothing is for certain. You should be able to set the keyboard to Norwegian.

7thSense, May 27, 2021
  4. One character not working in one keyboard language (Norwegian "ø")

W10 enforces Norwegian penguin language by keyboard layout

Greetings,
    I have one primary issue regarding W10.

W10 keeps enforcing Norwegian Penguin-Language by detecting keyboard layout; although global setting (thou currency+format is Norwegian) is English (US), which causes severe cases of: autism, retardation, degrading of technical terms, navigation difficulties, cancerous browsing behaviour, cancerous spelling correction,

which results in:
    apps/ programs With mixed Languages, EXTREME LIMITATION of app-functionality due to region-Lock even though I'm situated in Luxembourg and I'm unable to fix and correct issues quickly due to retarded norwegianfication of technical terms due to mongos translating the terms.

Is there any way to circumvent this issue on a global basis?
    if per app-basis, how do I change Language of eg. "Contact Support"
    note that I do have a Norwegian keyboard layout, but I wish Windows never knew that.

Maybe "time and currency" format is the root of all evil? (during installation)

Background:
    My original issue was that I instantly performed a clean W10 install, however I formated away the old working partition that was faulty with an infected with a Windows update issue/ limitation. I didn't want to Upgrade/ transfer that shit further With an Upgrade.

Nighthaven, May 27, 2021
Thema:

One character not working in one keyboard language (Norwegian "ø")

1. One character not working in one keyboard language (Norwegian "ø") - Similar Threads - character working keyboard

2. Language Installation - Norwegian Bokmål Is Installed, but Norwegian Nynorsk Is Not Installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Language Installation - Norwegian Bokmål Is Installed, but Norwegian Nynorsk Is Not Installed: In my Settings application, I installed Norwegian Bokmål. It is fine.I installed Norwegian Nynorsk. The Install button keeps appearing. I thought that I did install Norwegian Nynorsk.What is the exact issue?...
  3. Language Installation - Norwegian Bokmål Is Installed, but Norwegian Nynorsk Is Not Installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Language Installation - Norwegian Bokmål Is Installed, but Norwegian Nynorsk Is Not Installed: In my Settings application, I installed Norwegian Bokmål. It is fine.I installed Norwegian Nynorsk. The Install button keeps appearing. I thought that I did install Norwegian Nynorsk.What is the exact issue?...
  4. Language Installation - Norwegian Bokmål Is Installed, but Norwegian Nynorsk Is Not Installed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. One language yet multiple keyboards

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One language yet multiple keyboards: I have one language on windows yet I have multiple keyboards. I am not able to remove them.At first I just had 3 languages and I had English UK and Dutch installed. I removed Dutch to get rid of the keyboad but I accidentally put Dutch first. I put it back to how it was but...
  6. One language yet multiple keyboards

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One language yet multiple keyboards: I have one language on windows yet I have multiple keyboards. I am not able to remove them.At first I just had 3 languages and I had English UK and Dutch installed. I removed Dutch to get rid of the keyboad but I accidentally put Dutch first. I put it back to how it was but...
  7. Two languages one keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Two languages one keyboard: I have US English and Spanish set up as languages on my Windows 10 installations and I am using the US International keyboard only. I do wish to use the spell-checking, speech and handwriting features of the Spanish language pack, but I do not want the settings to include the...
  8. Norwegian keyboard showing up when switching input language

Norwegian keyboard showing up when switching input language: I have a problem thats annoying me allot, I have a ansi layerd keyboard, and I'm norwegian which means that sometimes I need to use æøå, and you could quickly change between iso and ansi with "windows + space". But I have a keyboard there that according to windows does not...
  9. Only one language pack (english) installed, but 4 keyboards for this one language.

Only one language pack (english) installed, but 4 keyboards for this one language.: I only have English installed as a language pack; English-NZ. But I have 4 keyboards, one says English(New Zealand) US keyboard which in itself is wrong because I want a NZ keyboard not a US keyboard but whatever. In addition to that there's also English(Australia), UK and...
  10. W10 enforces Norwegian penguin language by keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 enforces Norwegian penguin language by keyboard layout: Greetings, I have one primary issue regarding W10. W10 keeps enforcing Norwegian Penguin-Language by detecting keyboard layout; although global setting (thou currency+format is Norwegian) is English (US), which causes severe cases of: autism, retardation, degrading of...