Windows 10: One Chrome tab opens off screen

Discus and support One Chrome tab opens off screen in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; So at work, I have 2 external monitors that are 1440p running off a laptop that's 1080p. I use Chrome to browse internal systems, one specific page... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by ghost5825, Dec 27, 2019.

1. ghost5825 Win User

One Chrome tab opens off screen

So at work, I have 2 external monitors that are 1440p running off a laptop that's 1080p. I use Chrome to browse internal systems, one specific page just started opening with the top half of the window off the top of the external monitor. I've tried moving it and closing it, but again opens where it did before I've looked in the preferences file for Chrome, and there 2 entries both the same tried changing the lower and that didn't help. It's just this one page that does this it doesn't open a new full chrome window it opens a window with just the address then the page like no menu bar/ bookmarks bar etc. this doesn't happen on any other pages. but I use this one almost all day. Thanks in advance for the help.

Also, this page loaded correctly a few days ago and it works fine for everyone else with the same laptops and monitors. so I'd think it's me, not the site. Hopefully cuz I can't do anything if it's them
    PS I've searched and didn't find anything that was close enough where this is just one page.

:)

ghost5825, Dec 27, 2019
  2. Callender Win User

How To Force Open Link In Same Tab In Google Chrome

Well perhaps a tab manager would allow you to easily identify and close unwanted tabs as well as providing a list of open tabs that you can click to open. Plus import or export tab lists so that you don't loose them. Anyway that was my line of thinking.

Everywhere I look - it seems that there is no way to override external link handling in Chrome by design.

One thing you can do is use this extension:

Open Link in Same Tab - Chrome Web Store

It does open external links in the same tab but requires a right click to choose option from context menu.

One Chrome tab opens off screen [​IMG]

Callender, Dec 27, 2019
  3. Thagstrom Win User
    google chrome will not open

Hello! I am an Independent Advisor, I would love to help you out!

Are you getting any error messages when it tries to open?

The first thing I would try is to restart your computer and then test it.

If a restart does not work then I would suggest to open task manager and close any chrome servers.

To do this you can right click the task bar and select task manager.

Then click "more details".

Under the processes tab scroll through everything and look for anything that says chrome or has the chrome icon.

For anything that is chrome click on it then select "end task".

After this is done go to the "details" tab and do the same steps.

After this attempt to open chrome again.

If neither of these work then you should try to uninstall chrome then re-install it.

Thagstrom, Dec 27, 2019
  4. Dave____J Win User

chrome will not open

IK reinstalled the KB and a Silverlight update, no luck. I tried to remove chrome , again, using the suggested tool. Chrome was not on the list, I selected not listed. It wanted the product code. A quick internet search did not find it. I removed chrome
    using the add and remove programs.,reinstalled chrome and ran the clean up tool, no malware. chrome now opens.. I have signed in and it is working. The second removal worked. thx

Dave____J, Dec 27, 2019
Thema:

1. One Chrome tab opens off screen - Similar Threads - Chrome tab opens

2. Windows 11 Open Tabs in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Open Tabs in Google Chrome: Good morning, I would like to update to windows 11 in the coming days. My laptop is currently running windows 10. As I have a lot of important tabs open in Google Chrome I would like to keep them also after the upgrade. Is that possible? If not, could I just save them as...
  3. Windows 11 Open Tabs in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Open Tabs in Google Chrome: Good morning, I would like to update to windows 11 in the coming days. My laptop is currently running windows 10. As I have a lot of important tabs open in Google Chrome I would like to keep them also after the upgrade. Is that possible? If not, could I just save them as...
  4. Windows 11 Open Tabs in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Blue Screen When Closing Chrome Tab

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen When Closing Chrome Tab: I often got blue screens when I am closing chrome tabs, especially the last tab.Minidumps: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aok1tqJhZ5WIii8wmH8AMfxaMqeo?e=utLki6Help please, thank you!...
  6. Blue Screen When Closing Chrome Tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen When Closing Chrome Tab: I often got blue screens when I am closing chrome tabs, especially the last tab.Minidumps: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aok1tqJhZ5WIii8wmH8AMfxaMqeo?e=utLki6Help please, thank you!...
  7. Blue Screen When Closing Chrome Tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Chrome is using 700mb ram when only one tab is open.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Chrome is using 700mb ram when only one tab is open.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/iamparth25 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ks8v03/chrome_is_using_700mb_ram_when_only_one_tab_is/
  9. 1 chrome tab with a website open and 1 edge tab on its home screen. The RAM usage. Is this...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    1 chrome tab with a website open and 1 edge tab on its home screen. The RAM usage. Is this...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Shreyash_jais_02 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fnigc9/1_chrome_tab_with_a_website_open_and_1_edge_tab/
  10. Screen does not turn off when Facebook is open in Chrome

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen does not turn off when Facebook is open in Chrome: Very strange behaviour. I have my screens set to turn off after 10 minutes inactivity. This has worked fine for years. In the past 2 or 3 weeks, after 10 minutes the screens go to standby, then immediately turn back on, then after a further 10 minutes turn off and stay off...