Windows 10: One computer two Windows operating systems.

Discus and support One computer two Windows operating systems. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a computer with two hard drive slots.I have Windows 10 in one and I wish to fit another hard drive in the other with Windows 98 installed.When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BrianHurren, Sep 28, 2022.

1. One computer two Windows operating systems.

I have a computer with two hard drive slots.I have Windows 10 in one and I wish to fit another hard drive in the other with Windows 98 installed.When I have installed 98 and go to Microsofts web site to register it will I lose my registration on Windows 10 or can I have both registered?Regards.Brian Hurren.

:)

BrianHurren, Sep 28, 2022

2. ' choose an operation system to start"

Hi Bob,

To better assist you, do let us the complete message that you receive.

Sometimes, this could be due to two operating system installed in your computer. Just to make sure this is not the case, I suggest you to try the steps below:

1. Press Windows key + R.

2. Type msconfig and press enter.

3. Click the "boot" tab and check if there are any other operating system listed.

4. In addition, change the timeout time to 3 seconds(default)

Let us know the result, we will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Sep 28, 2022
  3. Error: "An operating system wasn't found. Try disconnecting any drives that don't contain an operating system"

Hi Stephen,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the operating system. Now that you have me with you let me take care of this.

Do let us know if you are able to see Windows 7/ Windows 10 operating system while rebooting the device?

As you are unable to boot the operating system, this issue might have occurred when the boot files are missing or corrupted.

I suggest you re-built the boot rec by following the below commands and check if it helps.
    You will have to use Windows 10/7 installation media to follow the steps to boot into Recovery Environment and try to rebuild BCD.

Step 1: I suggest you to create an installation media for
    operating system using the media creation tool

If system boots to Windows 10:
    Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

If system boots to Windows 7: Download Windows 7 Disc Images (ISO Files)

Step 2: After preparing the installation media, insert it hard reboot the device and follow the below:

• Boot into Windows Recovery Environment using the Windows 10/7 installation media.
    • Click on Repair your computer.
    • Click on Troubleshoot and in the Advanced options.
    • Select Command Prompt. Type the following commands into the prompt and press Enter key after each command.
    • bootrec /fixmbr

• bootrec /fixboot

• bootrec /scanos

• bootrec /rebuildbcd
    5. Restart the computer.

NOTE: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting
    from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of booting the operating system for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 28, 2022
  4. zbook Win User

One computer two Windows operating systems.

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Sep 28, 2022
Thema:

One computer two Windows operating systems.

1. One computer two Windows operating systems. - Similar Threads - computer operating systems

2. I have two windows operating systems on one pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have two windows operating systems on one pc: I recently had an issue with my taskbar not responding. I used the windows installation media creator thing to reinstall windows, fixing the issue. For some reason, I have two windows 11s running. One is my old one, and the other is a blank copy. I went into my boot menu amd...
  3. I have two windows operating systems on one pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have two windows operating systems on one pc: I recently had an issue with my taskbar not responding. I used the windows installation media creator thing to reinstall windows, fixing the issue. For some reason, I have two windows 11s running. One is my old one, and the other is a blank copy. I went into my boot menu amd...
  4. Two Operating Systems?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two Operating Systems?: Hello everyone. I recently attempted to download a new operating system onto my windows 11 device. The installation didn't go well, and it froze on boot. I restarted my computer and i had 2 options, "Windows 11", Or "Windows Setup". How can I delete "Windows Setup" from my...
  5. Two Operating Systems?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two Operating Systems?: Hello everyone. I recently attempted to download a new operating system onto my windows 11 device. The installation didn't go well, and it froze on boot. I restarted my computer and i had 2 options, "Windows 11", Or "Windows Setup". How can I delete "Windows Setup" from my...
  6. One computer two Windows operating systems.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One computer two Windows operating systems.: I have a computer with two hard drive slots.I have Windows 10 in one and I wish to fit another hard drive in the other with Windows 98 installed.When I have installed 98 and go to Microsofts web site to register it will I lose my registration on Windows 10 or can I have both...
  7. Two operating systems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Two operating systems: When i turn on my computer it asks me to choose from windows 10 and another windows 10 operating system it makes no difference which one i pick obviously it goes to the same place. Now i have this other computer that some how was wiped clean. I was wondering if i could...
  8. Two operating systems

Two operating systems: When I restart an older W10 laptop I own, after the manufacturer logo I see a light blue screen with "Choose an Operating System" at the top. Below that it has two choices. Windows 10 On volume 5 and Windows 10 On volume 3 I always select the first one and have...
  9. Two operating systems in one PC tower?

Two operating systems in one PC tower?: Hello I have a Win 10 desktop PC. I also have a Windows XP installation disk. Is it possible to install XP on my desktop PC so that the two operating systems sit together? I ask because I have a good Canon printer which is only compatible with earlier version of Windows -...
  10. Can two operating systems be linked togther on same computer?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can two operating systems be linked togther on same computer?: Hi. I would like to setup two operating systems on the same computer. Two different drives both running Windows 10. Both of them will have their own router to connect to the internet. One will be wired. One will be wireless. So the MAC address on each network device is...