Windows 10: One Computer Using 2 Different Operating Systems On 2 Different Drives And Boot Manger

Discus and support One Computer Using 2 Different Operating Systems On 2 Different Drives And Boot Manger in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The goal is to be able to boot from either of the two operating systems from the boot manger but i don't know how to do this do i have to install OS on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by FloydSwenty, Oct 16, 2019.

1. One Computer Using 2 Different Operating Systems On 2 Different Drives And Boot Manger

The goal is to be able to boot from either of the two operating systems from the boot manger but i don't know how to do this do i have to install OS on one then unplug that HDD then install the OS on the other HDD any help and how do i get boot Boot Manger to work right? (i.e. either of the 2 drives) without going in two the bios.

:)

FloydSwenty, Oct 16, 2019
  2. Br4ndz Win User

Windows 10 operating system & boot drive on different drives...

Windows keeps installing boot drive and operating system onto different drives...

Is there any way of installing boot and operating system onto one hard drive without disconnecting all the other hard drives internally?

What are the pro's and con's of this configuration?

Can you move the boot drive onto system drive hdd? (no 3rd party methods please)

Br4ndz, Oct 16, 2019
  3. Have 4 different SSD drives with 4 different operating systems using UEFI DELL BIOS 2018

I Have 4 different SSD drives with 4 different operating systems, Win 7 -
    Win8.1 - Win 10 Pro - and lynx Ubunta, Using Dell UEFI on Windows 10 Pro 64bit Machine,

How to boot to each different drive when system is booting up

How to manage this drives UEFI is giving me a hard time ( Well I am not sure what is going on ) . One of the drives is mounted on the mother board ( M.2 SSD )

I have secure boot turned off

Format drives using MBR/GPT ?

Why hasn't engineering design a choice on boot for toggling between different drives ( I do not mean dual boot )

I Hope someone can explain I would be grateful because I am loosing my hair

Thank You

James

Fasteddy711, Oct 16, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

One Computer Using 2 Different Operating Systems On 2 Different Drives And Boot Manger

2 different operating systems

Hi StellaQT,

Do you mean to dual boot Windows XP and Windows 10 on the same system?

Some things to consider:

Will Windows XP device drivers be available for your PC

You would need to backup your data, wipe your hard drive, partition your drive, then install Windows XP, then Install Windows 10 so as to get the boot loader to see both OS's

Does Windows 10 refuse to see those external drives at all, and if you plug those drives into another non-Windows 10 PC, are those drives recognised?

DaveM121, Oct 16, 2019
Thema:

One Computer Using 2 Different Operating Systems On 2 Different Drives And Boot Manger

1. One Computer Using 2 Different Operating Systems On 2 Different Drives And Boot Manger - Similar Threads - Computer Using Different

2. 2 Windows folders in 2 different drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 Windows folders in 2 different drives: i recently bought a ssd and installed it in my pc gave to a center and now i noticed that i have two windows folders on two different drives C and D.I saw a similar thread with the same question and checked it.The problem was almost similar to mine so i was following the...
  3. 2 Windows folders in 2 different drives

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    2 Windows folders in 2 different drives: i recently bought a ssd and installed it in my pc gave to a center and now i noticed that i have two windows folders on two different drives C and D.I saw a similar thread with the same question and checked it.The problem was almost similar to mine so i was following the...
  4. 2 Windows folders in 2 different drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 Windows folders in 2 different drives: I've got a Windows folder in the main C drive, but I've also got a Windows folder in my secondary E drive. I've compared all the files in both folders and the Windows folder in C has 111 files compared to 104 in the E Windows file, the common files are all exactly the same....
  5. 2 Windows folders in 2 different drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 Windows folders in 2 different drives: I've got a Windows folder in the main C drive, but I've also got a Windows folder in my secondary E drive. I've compared all the files in both folders and the Windows folder in C has 111 files compared to 104 in the E Windows file, the common files are all exactly the same....
  6. 2 Windows folders in 2 different drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Different BSOD on 2 different Win 10 boot drives

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Different BSOD on 2 different Win 10 boot drives: Custom made my desktop a few weeks ago with 1 nvme and 1 sata hdd. Win 10 installed on both hdd because initially had trouble installing on the nvme. BSOD on the sata drive seem to be caused more by ntoskrnl.exe sata.zip BSOD on the nvme drive seem to be caused more by...
  8. How to boot from 2 different ssd with 2 different Windows 10 operating systems already...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to boot from 2 different ssd with 2 different Windows 10 operating systems already...: Greetings, I bought a new gaming computer that I want to use for gaming and also use my old drive as a work computer. I have tried to simply select boot priority, but the older drive is not an option in the uefi. I can get the older drive to boot when I set it up under the...
  9. 2 different operating systems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    2 different operating systems: I currently have Windows 10 - However, I have WD passport external drives that do not run on 10, Can I download XP without causing problems???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/2-different-operating-systems/a1b4f068-bdc8-4203-ae3a-35c3e6e17f39
  10. 2 computers 2 different networks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    2 computers 2 different networks: I have 2 HP Desktops that I cannot get to communicate with each other. Did not have this problem before the "Automatic" Windows 10 upgrade. The machines are identical except that 1 has Windows 10 Pro and the other Windows 10 Home. I can see both computers on the network, but...