Windows 10: one core high cpu usage

Discus and support one core high cpu usage in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hey there, recently I've got a problem that causes only one core to work 100% always and causes my laptop to be slow and sluggish i did a clean install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Rootiens, Jun 28, 2022.

1. Rootiens Win User

one core high cpu usage

Hey there, recently I've got a problem that causes only one core to work 100% always and causes my laptop to be slow and sluggish i did a clean install of Windows 11I tried in Linux and the problem persists there too, but the workaround in Linux was unloading the "intel_lpss_pci" kernel module by this command -> rmmod intel_lpss_pci or blacklisting it in Grubin windows, i couldn't find any equivalent for it and i don't know how to find it and disable it in task manager, it hides behind system interrupt just like Linux, but in Linux i could trace better, in windows, i guess i don't have

:)

Rootiens, Jun 28, 2022

2. High CPU usage

Hi Tusar,

The Task manager shows high CPU usage for core Windows process which can be used by other application. In order find out which applications might be using more resources through these services, I would suggest you to open 'Resource monitor' and check. In
    task manager, go to the 'Performance' tab and click on the option 'Open Resource monitor' option at the bottom. Click on the CPU tab and then select the processes which showed high CPU usage in task manager. No expand the 'Services', associated handles section
    and post us a screenshot so that we can check the details and help you accordingly.

In the meantime, I would also suggest you to boot the PC in safe mode and check if the issue persists. Refer to this article:

Windows help & learning

Bennet Martin, Jun 28, 2022
  3. high cpu usage

After downloading windows 10, anytime I run any programs, I get high CPU usage. It does not matter whether it is google chrome, task manager, playing games, whatever. Anything seems to spike the CPU usage. I have already run malwarbytes and my antivirus
    programs and find no viruses. Any suggestions? Thanks.

JanMcCoy_827, Jun 28, 2022
  4. one core high cpu usage

High CPU usage.

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.239)

How to fix high CPU usage.

When I run any program the CPU usage will be above 80%. When I checked it I found some processes which are using high CPU usage.

Desktop Windows Manager -> 10.8%

Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation -> 5.8%

Antimalware Service Executable -> 55% (I want to kill these process permanently)

System Interrupts -> 12%

I want to kill all these process. Please guide how I stop them.

My PC configuration:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-7020U CPU @2.30GHZ

Ram -> 12GB

Harddisk -> 250gb SSD and 1 TB HDD

_lightNoob, Jun 28, 2022
Thema:

one core high cpu usage

1. one core high cpu usage - Similar Threads - core high cpu

2. High CPU usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High CPU usage: When everything is closed my CPU is using 1%, however when I play my game the CPU usage skyrockets up to 60% even though game is only using 10 - 20% of the CPU.When the game is running:When the game isn't running:...
  3. CPU High Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU High Usage: Hey,My CPU goes to 90% to 100% when I play games. I don't know if my CPU is bottleneck or not Could you assist me in fixing it? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cpu-high-usage/5e1954fe-1478-4342-87c8-f9d99418c5bc
  4. CPU usage is high

CPU usage is high: My CPU usage is 50% and sometimes higher and the only thing I have opened is Google Chrome. Presentational font cache exe is using most of it and Chrome is using 10-15%. Memory usage is 60% and Chrome is using most of that. 960 mb What can I do to fix this?...
  5. one core high cpu usage

one core high cpu usage: Hey there, recently I've got a problem that causes only one core to work 100% always and causes my laptop to be slow and sluggish i did a clean install of Windows 11I tried in Linux and the problem persists there too, but the workaround in Linux was unloading the...
  6. high cpu usage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    high cpu usage: hi,I am Krishna, my laptop having some problems with wifi. suddenly wifi is disconnecting and the adaptor is not showing wifi settings after doing a hardware scan or internet troubleshooter it is again showing the wifi settings and connecting to wifi, whenever this happens...
  7. High CPU Usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High CPU Usage: I just did a factory reset of my windows 10 because of low storage and an issue I have had before and after the reset is high CPU usage. I don't have any external anti virus. And when I get the high usage I just have to open task manager and its fine. its not even when I play...
  8. High CPU usage

High CPU usage: I have constant ongoing high CPU usage . One of the causes is a non Windows app I'm trying to rectify. The other 3 are all Windows based; WMI provider host, Antimalware Service and Services and Controller App....
  9. High cpu usage

High cpu usage: Hi guys, I have a weird problem and I can't fix it. After changing some settings in Comand Promt my computer started behaving weird. My cpu usage is high and very unstable, for no reason. In the task manager there is nothing that should cause high cpu usage, there are no...
  10. Highly cpu cores usage first boot up

Highly cpu cores usage first boot up: [IMG]hello ....can assist me to solve this cpu high usage on all cores during first booting up pc ....i had to restart it again to make it normal usage on all cpu cores....happen everytime boot from cold start up windows.....tq...